Stack and queue programs

My professor gave us an assignment. Create a stack program and a separate queue program. The problem is, I can't think what kind of program to create that uses stack and queue. The program that we will make doesn't need to be a complicated one. Any suggestions? Please suggest programs that are not that hard to make. Thank you!
Suggested programs:

(1) For stack: Stack of plates, or anything, CD titles in music player etc...

(2) For queue: Issue numbered tickets for people to be served, i.e. like in a waiting room.
and remember this:
"The difference between stacks and queues is in removing. In a stack we remove the item the most recently added; in a queue, we remove the item the least recently added."
Thanks guys. This is helpful. I'm now starting the programs. Any more suggestions? We need to create a lot of programs using this stack and queues.
We need to create a lot of programs using this stack and queues.

May be you think about stacks and queues of different element types? Therefore you may have a look at generic programming in C/C++ f.e. at http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/templates/. Especially chapter "Class templates" may help.
Also think about encapsulating your data structures into a class. This will help reusing it in object oriented environments.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.