May seem like a peculiar ask but I'm working on a large project (learning as i go) and I wanted somebody who'd like to be involved, not a pro at all, same crappy level as myself and creative.
I'm working on a 2D sprited game, currently still working on the basics of the engine but I want someone to work on it with me to get more ideas flowing round, making it easier to spot mistakes, and to reduce work load.
I live in Sheffield and I thought it'd be best that if I did have a partner that we should be in close contact and I also thought that similar ages and programming skills would make things go a lot smoother between us. (I'm 17 btw, in college)
So comment of p.m. me for more info or if you're interested?
(Sorry if anyone else believes this is a misuse of the forum but I'm not exactly sure where else one could look)
Cheers, Although I'm warned by the site not to duplicate post... And unfortunately there's no way to move topics on here so I'll let it stay for a while.
If I don't get much luck I'll try the lounge in a month or so
Anyway, back to the topic in hand. Here's a few questions regarding your engine that most users will be most curious about:
1) What genre does your engine specialise in?
2) Have you established a general architecture for the engine?
3) Which supporting libraries are you using (STL, Boost, etcetera)?
4) Have you established an open-source project on SourceForge, GitHub, etcetera?
5) How do you plan to communicate with fellow developers?
6) Do you have any preferences that one must conform to in order for you to accept their help?