General C++ Programming - April 2013 (Page 5)

Class program using struct and vector

I am writing a program and these are the instructions. The Student class will contain the following member variables. lastName and firstName (which are strings)...
[2 replies] Last: When I try to compile it has 20 errors. I was looking for someone to l... (by tcshowmore)
Changing variable in for loop

Hi folks, I have a problem with my code which I can't work out: double Mi = 200*pow(10,30); cout << "\nEnter accreted mass increment in solar masses \n"; cin...
[5 replies] Last: Yes, line 17 should work. Note though, that you do unnecessary work a... (by keskiverto)
UDP client server programming

Hi guys, i`m doing a UDP server program for 2 clients. My question is how do i differentiate between them? lets say i have a client alice and bob i want to dif...
[4 replies] Last: ok thanks alot! i have to do this in udp as its an assignment requirem... (by CLearner88)
Turtle Graphics Library

Does anyone know of an open source c++ turtle graphics library, similar to python's?
[no replies]
Really weird Infinite Loop problem

I'm having a really weird infinite loop problem here. My whole program is 27k lines so I won't post the whole thing but here's what's in the main: cout <...
[2 replies] Last: I can't speak to the "style", as its the only method I really know. I... (by dalydir)
Delete files with same size

So, i got a directory full of files. Some files are duplicate and i'd like to delete those duplicate files. The only way to recognize duplicate files is their s...
[4 replies] Last: > Should i try using some hash thing then? Like CRC32 or MD5 to check ... (by JLBorges)
the program about palindrome

what wrong with the program?why i can not run!!~~ emergency!!~~~ #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cctype> using namespace std; int main...
[5 replies] Last: thanks for your cooperation~yeah,i got it!!^.^~i learning C++ just 2 m... (by dingdong92)
by Nobun
BinaryStream source - wanna test?

Hi... after several questions about this subject I developed a first version of a BinaryStream class. My compilation system (focused on gcc or mingw-gcc) is di...
[4 replies] Last: Well I don't agree completely to you, but however with this class I tr... (by Nobun)
by naz
Checked It Please if anY error Please correct... (1,2,3,4)

Problem Statement: Write the C++ language program to calculate the slope of the line that is passing through two points and displays one of the following f...
[63 replies] Last: C u all soon with New Program :) :-) (by naz)
by BillH
sfml: relative position in different sized windows

Is there any way in sfml version 2 that I can get objects in a graphics window to retain there relative positions and sizes when the window is resized? I have t...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys for your suggestions, I will try them out. What I was to... (by BillH)
gmp issues

After a herculean struggle I managed to get gmp working on windows. But... I can't get the gmpxx library to work. My code is: #include <iostream> #include...
[1 reply] : It looks like you missed an I/O gmp library. I've not used gmp, so I ... (by kbw)
Is it possible to generate an array of data using templates into the programme memory?

I'm writing for a micro controller, so I don't have a lot of space. A little background for those who don't know. When you have constant arrays, they are st...
[14 replies] Last: Hmmm, was looking for this in the vector doc and couldn't find a direc... (by AdrianH)
Using Variable as Name for Combined File

Hi, I have been researching how to use the prefix of a user input file name as the prefix of an output file name for a combined file. I found this in an arch...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you, cire, This has helped me with the filename. MHenry (by mhlester)
Collision detection with a class not working? Any advice?

So I have gotten a class for my enemy for my game... but now collision has gotten all screwed up :(. class Reaper { public: void drawReaper(); void c...
[no replies]
Destructor Little Help here

Hi programmers I'm doing dynamic memory allocation in add_ticket Method at line Number 111 what i wanna ask is where should i call destructor or should i say ...
[1 reply] : I'm using LInk linst (by Sarmadas)
by stdeez
loop through string

can someone tell me how to loop through a string and uppercase each letter?
[1 reply] : #include <string> #include <cctype> #include <iostream> #include <alg... (by JLBorges)
template class function specialization?

Ok, so I'm to write a template linked list class. The list is implemented using node structs defined as: struct Node { Object* data; Node* next...
[no replies]
I'm making a zombie hunter game, and I'm severly stuck.

Hey everyone. I am making a zombie hunter game for my final project at school, and I need some help with my code. I have the code for the game board, with is a ...
[2 replies] Last: Wow that's so awesome! Thank you so much. I'm working on getting the o... (by PeachDrank)
How to set a timer and processing continues

Hey, I need to set a timer but still have the program processing info. I have looked into using sleep but when using this all processing stops to my knowledge. ...
[1 reply] : Windows specific: use a Waitable Timer http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us... (by JLBorges)
by djibn7
Please advise

How shall I start the following program? I have no idea and its due in 2 days. Please help. I have no clue where to start from. 1. You are to write a program...
[9 replies] Last: > because when i see the close brace and a semi colon > i know its th... (by JLBorges)
April 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 53
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.