General C++ Programming - April 2013 (Page 52)

error: no matching function for call to ...

When I run this program this build message appears: no matching function for call to Alpha::Alpha(Alpha) Please tell me what's wrong with program. #include <cc...
[4 replies] Last: oh, I didn't put arguments! i'm so stupid! Thank you for your help! (by konakona)
undefined symbol

hello,i am creating a program that uses an indexList class and a class designed to store terms (5X^1). The term files work because they were for previous proje...
[2 replies] Last: It's a bit hard to get through 500 lines of code and offer advice. W... (by Stewbond)
bar graph for character count?

Hi. i am working on an assignment to count the amount of words, sentences and questions in a string, and also output the amount of characters and the number of ...
[no replies]
by ar2007
Invalid fastbin entry

Hi. Anyone can help me with this error Message? Thx The program raises a runtime error *** glibc detected *** ./prog: invalid fastbin entry (free): ...
[7 replies] Last: hmmm... when your string is empty you cannot access some index >=0. Fo... (by writetonsharma)
by coder1
sorting struct

struct a { int num1; int num2; }; a array ; how can i sort this array on num1? should i make my own function or is there some easier way? ...
[8 replies] Last: Requires C++11: #include <algorithm> struct A { int x, y; }; int... (by LB)
help help with loop

i have 2 assignments to do ,so i did the both of the programs but still i have errors and i couldn't do it this is the first program #include <iostream> ...
[3 replies] Last: When you loop through each test grade, you decrease testNum until it r... (by LB)
please help, solve with recursion

Area of the room Your task is to write a program that will find the area of room in a given square maze. Note. Use recursion for solving this problem. ...
[2 replies] Last: Dup post for reference: http://cplusplus.com/forum/general/97538/ ... (by cnoeval)
depth of a tree

i have come across this code for calculating the depth of a binary tree. int maxDepth(Node *&temp) { if(temp == NULL) return 0; else { int lchild = m...
[2 replies] Last: All left recursive calls happen before right recursive calls. Once you... (by LB)
by Nobun
Code Policy Suggestion (subject: inheritance)

In order to read/write a binary format "on the fly", that can have very different binary structure depending of the version I currently used this approach: ...
[11 replies] Last: Thank for all... and for that prebuilt MinGW with boost... even I am n... (by Nobun)
Fastest Way to Calculate Fibbonacci

What is the most efficient way to calculate Fibonacci. Is it recursion with memorization, is it iteration or is there another approach?
[1 reply] : The Binet formula, nearest integer to φ n /sqrt(5) Or you could cal... (by Cubbi)
some one explain this to me

Display the remainder of the square of numbers from 100 to 10. This square of numbers must be divisible by the numbers from 100 to 10 respectively. what i n...
[3 replies] Last: this question gave by our teacher and i also feel this question make n... (by tjnapster555)
dev c++

wht is "using namespace std"
[6 replies] Last: a namespace is something which is used to help limit scope. Let's s... (by Stewbond)
trouble with pointers

Hy there! Its my first time here, because i have not had a problem like this before. The program has a problem when i run it. When i choose "natakar" the second...
[4 replies] Last: pom = (elt*)malloc(1*sizeof(elt)); pom = prvi; ... (by Catfish3)
Need constructive criticism for Quadratic equation calculator 2.0! (1,2)

Hello. I require constructive criticism for my new quadratic equation calculator, 2.0 Thank you. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <sstream> #i...
[20 replies] Last: Better indented: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <sst... (by Gerrit1)
Spot the Difference

I wrote a piece of code for a spoj problem, and after about an hour of struggling, I looked up the answer, and I could not see the semantic difference, please h...
[10 replies] Last: It works perfectly, and no I use no warning flags at all. g++ Script_... (by Script Coder)
Thread cant ignore void datatype?

Hi guys, I am new to the topic "Threads" but it worked so far. Sadly im struck now becuase the compiler doesnt accept void functions used with threads (for th...
[3 replies] Last: Here's a discussion on something similar some years back. I hope you ... (by kbw)
cas

Im trying to build a full computer algebra system in c++ Any examples?
[1 reply] : Do you want code examples: try http://www.sourceforge.com Do you want ... (by Script Coder)
The proper way to link separate projects?

I coded a platform independant layer for my library which all my other libraries will use. Everything was going fine and I compiled its implementation into a sh...
[1 reply] : If D uses B and C and they compile to shared libs then just link to th... (by naraku9333)
DLLs vs Static Libraries and Interfaces

Which do you prefer to make/use? I'm debating whether to go with static libraries so that I don't have to manually load objects for most of my software project....
[5 replies] Last: this was a great read. (by DeXecipher)
Cannot convert to to pointer in initialization

I've defined a class with a copy constructor. Some sample code: Class* c = new Class(*this) // My copy constructor must take in a const Class& And the com...
[4 replies] Last: I do not see any wrong in the statement Class* c = new Class(*this) /... (by vlad from moscow)
April 2013 Pages: 1... 50515253
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.