General C++ Programming - April 2014 (Page 3)

where is the VC++ include folder

I have been looking for a while for the VC++ include folder. Also VC++ is very different from dev c++ can someone link me to a website with all of the commands?...
[no replies]
How to convert numbers into words

How to convert numbers into words using ragged dynamic arrays? please help it's urgent this is my solution: int main() { char *Units ={"ZERO", "ONE"...
[2 replies] Last: How is this different from your other post? http://www.cplusplus.com/... (by AbstractionAnon)
conversion of .txt into array

Hello! i need some help! im trying to figure out how to take a .txt file an put it into a char array so i can use it for my game. I dont understand what im doin...
[6 replies] Last: giblet thanks a lot. that fixed all my issues. and it gave me an idea ... (by seanjintix)
Destroy window

I'm trying to destroy a window no questions asked it runs without errors or warnings, and finds the window but won't destroy it. #include <iostream> #inc...
[3 replies] Last: As far as I know, it's because you don't actually own the window, the ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by rayna
I don't know why it turns into an Infinite loop.

The while loop in the beginning of my code is my verification loop and it works when a number is entered that is not 1-3 but when I enter a character it turns i...
[4 replies] Last: A quick code snippet to ensure correct value is entered: std::cout <<... (by MiiNiPaa)
Need help to understand Singleton class functionality

I have written code to understand the functionality of Singletom Class, by defintion -- singleton is one instance of a class and user of singleton doesn't have ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks AbstractionAnon.. I got it.. Sorry about not following the form... (by shailesh kumar)
Define a Class for a type called CounterType

Honestly guys, I have no idea how to even start this program. Or really write it, since I don't even know where to start. If someone could please help me with t...
[3 replies] Last: I'll be honest, I'm too busy evaluating triple integrals, analyzing li... (by compscifordummies)
I don't know how to write my program for class!

Honestly guys, I have no idea how to even start this program. Or really write it, since I don't even know where to start. If someone could please help me with t...
[1 reply] : These should help you start: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/cla... (by Aceix)
by birbal
String operation destrcutor problem

CustomString.h #pragma once #include <iostream> #include <stdlib.h> class CustomString { private: char *data; public: CustomString(char*); ~CustomString(v...
[6 replies] Last: so i only need to take care only of assignment operator. nobody wil... (by keskiverto)
by Ne0n
Help with multiplying linked lists

Im writing a program for my CS215 Class using vigesimal (base 20) numbers. one of the functions is multiplying 2 user input linked lists. after about 5 hours of...
[4 replies] Last: To incorporate the 0, you can do one of two things: 1. Insert a 0 in... (by VigesimalsSuck)
Convert int numbers to words

Write a c++program that asks the user to enter positive integer numbers without points between 0 and 999. Then check the amount and print in words. You need to...
[1 reply] : Your arrays are neither dynamic nor ragged. I see no check that the ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Trying to read and write multiple class objects from a file, fstream won't work correctly.

So I have a small program which is supposed to write and read multiple objects from a file, but for some reason it doesn't write the information when I use "fst...
[3 replies] Last: So I somehow managed to make the program work for me and everything's ... (by MariaRnRy)
help with a music program

I am writing a music program that will read (from a separate file) a guitar chord and display it to the the user. The format of the separate text file is as fol...
[2 replies] Last: Oh ok. Thanks! That seems like a pretty easy solution. I don't know wh... (by mhaggard)
Image Processing

I'm trying to write a part of a code that will act as a sudoku solver, namely being able to read a grid (image) and transform it into an array/matrix, but i'm a...
[1 reply] : Rather than try and deal with character recognition in an image file, ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Parking lot Simulator

Hi guys, I am having an issue with this parking lot simulation my code is not accepting the police officer class as a friend in the parked car class. This is ...
[6 replies] Last: Visual Studios will not allow me to run this code due to my pointer l... (by AbstractionAnon)
by Irhcsa
How to maximize a window

There is only one thing I need here. When the paint program is opened I need it to automatically open it maximized. Other than that my code works perfectly f...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks Duoas! (by Irhcsa)
by jaap
Fun with templates! Reflection through specialization

Hi all, I'm working on a home project where I'm trying to create a lean reflection layer using RTTI and templating. At the moment I've got most of it runn...
[5 replies] Last: I get it - I didn't even thought of that. You really know your stuff. ... (by jaap)
Object creation on stack in loop

have a piece of code for (int i = 0; i<5; i++) { CMyStackObject sobj; // ... } Does standard guarantees that instances of sobj will be diff...
[3 replies] Last: OK, thanks. No matter, of course, whether pointer will be on very same... (by icegood)
by bonita
Encapsulate threads in the a class

Hi guys, can you guys please give me an example of how to encapsulate two threads in a class? Thanks.
[1 reply] : http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/doc/html/thread/thread_management... (by kbw)
IMAP anyone?

I've written programs that use normal windows socketing (just Winsock) for SMTP. Coding them was relatively easy and straight forward. IMAP has been a differe...
[2 replies] Last: The compiler can find the libs. I think you're right about the lib fil... (by LsDefect)
April 2014 Pages: 12345... 41
  Archived months: [mar2014] [may2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.