General C++ Programming - April 2020 (Page 10)

Doesn't Compile correctly

Hello everyone, I'm working on an assignment I only did a few things. I tried to run the program and it compiles but nothing is displayed. I'm sure I have som...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks, I just get so irritated that I don't pick up on it quick enoug... (by Cjigsaw)
Destructor and deleting memory

What is the best practice associated with memory allocation? If I add a delete function to my destructor to a class with memory allocated pointers, when would ...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=mbozzi]That is, it's still possible to treat a derived as a bas... (by Ganado)
Rational Class Lab

This is my first time posting here so I'm sorry if there are some formatting rules that I am not following. I'm having some trouble with my Rational Class pr...
[11 replies] Last: What should I return in my sum function? The assignment tells you wh... (by dhayden)
by Odglog
How to skip lines in file without using a loop?

Hi A really quick one, I have a data file and I want to start reading from line n. The thing is, it's a big file and using a loop might be slow. So is there a w...
[17 replies] Last: Ok, I'll use seekg(), thanks so much everyone for the help! :) (by Odglog)
Inline Function in C++?

Hello Everyone, I want to know about the functionality of the inline function in C++. I have some interviews on skype next week and they will test my programmin...
[6 replies] Last: Even though it is possible to call an inline function from within itse... (by Adisharma)
What do i type in to add “SFML-2.5.1-windows-gcc–7.3.0-mingw-64-bit” to my path?

I really need help with this. Please help!!
[1 reply] : Stop creating new threads for the same issue. Go away. (by helios)
How do I add SFML 64-bit and add 64-mingw to my path?

To be more exact: the SFML full name is: SFML-2.5.1-windows-gcc-7.3.0-mingw-64-bit and the MinGw: x86_664-7.33.0-release-posix-seh-rt_v5-rev0
[3 replies] Last: Delete your other thread you just made before someone replies to it. S... (by Ganado)
by jonnin

C arrays are not types. They are pretty low level, raw things in c++. They are a block of memory that is allocated on a sizeof(type) basis for each location. ...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, that is true: I was wrong to say its not a type. It absolutely ... (by jonnin)
How to fix my code to follow the sequence (1,2)

currently doing a project for my class to create a program to run off a microcontroller. The program, my classmates and I in our group made was to make a MUI in...
[21 replies] Last: @OP, Move your 'do' to line 51 and the while to line 97. You want to... (by doug4)
by kitfox
Best way to buffer small objects in memory?

I need to buffer a bunch of small objects in memory as part of a Variant class I'm creating. Each Variant needs to store a serialized version of the object it ...
[2 replies] Last: Once you get into it, consider a design via bottom up. You need your ... (by jonnin)
Where should we delete object when exception occurred?

Hi All, Where should we delete ptr object in function Func() ? class Base { private: int a; public: Base() { // Constructor ...
[6 replies] Last: @Repeater Yeh I got it. Thanks. (by akash16)
by OYS
I'm trying to read from a text file and put them into different members of structure

typedef struct { int isbn_code, year_published, quantity, rack, level_no; char author , title , publisher ; double price; }DATA; Shown above is m...
[7 replies] Last: Oh yeah! Thank you so much for helping out!! (by OYS)
C++ Memory Segment

In C++ When we declare static member inside the class ,we can able the acess the stactic member outside the without createing object , here my doubt is wer...
[4 replies] Last: A static member function has no 'this' pointer, so there is no object ... (by salem c)
How to add two operator overloading functions (- and ==) ?

Hello, sorry i'm currently new in programming, and i'm currently learning about operator overloading. So, i made a time program, like this : #include <iostr...
[3 replies] Last: The operator+ does not have to be a member of Time, if you create me... (by keskiverto)
program to find most common word

So covid19 has struck, I have no excuses in the world not to code so I wrote a simple program to count the number of characters and number of words in a text fi...
[11 replies] Last: The problem is that C++ is steered by a committee. 'Nuff said. ...bu... (by Duthomhas)
by Denvor
help with compiler error

hi can someone help me i keep getting the error error: cannot initialize return object of type 'char MyString::*' with an lvalue of type 'char *' the code wo...
[4 replies] Last: you are making it harder with the * syntax. s1 is *(s1+3) '\0' is... (by jonnin)
Doubly­linked lists help!

I am needing to split a list. I want the list to split into two list, one list will have values less than the target and the other will have values greater than...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks. Please show whatever code you have so far. Are you using std::... (by dhayden)
Convert from Python to c++?

/code code/
[4 replies] Last: Convert from Python to c++? Since you know Python, you can tell wha... (by keskiverto)
cgrep, a grep-like tool for C-family

Hi, I would like to introduce cgrep, a grep-like tool for C-family source files. It basically lets you regex-search through C-family source files for specifi...
[no replies]
April 2020 Pages: 1... 8910
  Archived months: [mar2020] [may2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.