General C++ Programming - August 2012 (Page 25)

Need some Help!

Use if condition after cin>>r if(r == 'r') { // Do red } else if(r == 'g') { // do green } else if(r == 'b') { // do blue } ...
[4 replies] Last: he obviously decided his code was top-secret and deleted it as soon as... (by Zephilinox)
Keep getting Errors! (1,2)

Here is what I have to do: Write a C++ program to "draw" ellipses by printing characters, to the following specifications: Prompt the user for values for ...
[27 replies] Last: holy smokes it worked perfectly... man..you are awsome..the program an... (by trex123)
by vijkrr
parsing funtional args

Hi all, In one of my assement I need to parse a function. E.g: struct { char a; string s; }mystruct; int get(int a, long b, mystruct t); ...
[1 reply] : That's easy! Exctept that args is the function call parameter eg. #i... (by viliml)
link hopping algorithm, help please!

Give an algorithm for determining, just by link hopping, whether a doubly linked list with header and trailer sentinels is empty (that is, do not make use of a...
[no replies]
Compiler Error

I get 54 errors when i try to compile my program, I'll post the code and the errors. main: #include "darkGDK.h" void DarkGDK(void){ dbSyncOn(); dbSyn...
[7 replies] Last: Look into the settings of each project. Especially 'Character Set' and... (by coder777)
Error: main returns 3.

So I started making a program to convert normal words into words that can be typed into a calculator and read upside-down. (e.g. hello, hole, shell) I only got ...
[9 replies] Last: I finally finished and debugged the program(or applet, I guess) He... (by Bufflez)
by beakie
Z Order with lines (triangles)

Anyone know of any good reading. I have some code which creates 3D lines and projects them on to the screen. There is no z ordering at the minute. I am ke...
[no replies]
by Gldnbr
Problem with set_union

I'm trying to union two sets (in a vector). setA contains a, b. setB contains a, c. After union, result is supposed to contain a, b, c. However, the pro...
[2 replies] Last: Yep, an alternetive is to use an inserter iterator. (by ne555)
Are the cstdlib's rand/srand functions redundant?

Hey, I was messing around with variables for a bit and I found a really easy way to generate a perfect random number, WITHOUT using the rand functions (o...
[5 replies] Last: Sorry, I guess its just my compiler/text editor. I'm using code::blo... (by Bufflez)
by sqandr
Syntax meaning: [&](std::size_t, std::size_t t)

What does the following syntax mean? [&](std::size_t, std::size_t t)
[2 replies] Last: It is part of the C++ construction named lambda expression. You can fi... (by vlad from moscow)
Question: How does this work...Vector<type>::iterator

I have looked to look all over the web and i can not find an answer, could you explain to me how it works, and how it looks in the class it would be greatly app...
[2 replies] Last: Oh i get it now, you are accessing it through :: and that lets you cre... (by Hart1ey)
by yoreei
What are additional { } used for? (1,2)

Hi! I am quite new to C and C++. Today I saw the following thing: #include "new.h" Fl_Window *window_new=(Fl_Window *)0; Fl_Window* main() { { ...
[20 replies] Last: @ kitesurfer1962 : It isn't a trick since it's well-defined. The destr... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Trying to do Explicit specialization of member function template

Hello everybody. Im fairly new to C++ and Ive been trying to teach it to myself as fast as possible, so I can later jump to program with DirectX in VC soon (I h...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks everybody for your help! I could finally compile this simple co... (by oldcrow)
Unable to understand the pre-increment operation

When I executed the following code in the visual c++ or turbo c compiler, its giving the output value as '12' but it should give '9' I think so... Please clarif...
[4 replies] Last: +1 @ Zephilinox & Peter87 You should never ever write code like thi... (by Disch)
FUNCTION VARIABLES

Hi I have to Write a function which accepts an array of doubles and its length as parameters and returns the sum of all positive values less than 24 within the ...
[2 replies] Last: Also, make the function const correct. //double sumValues (double nu... (by JLBorges)
0x08 vs 8

What is the deference in 0x08 and 8?
[10 replies] Last: @coder777 Didn't take octal into consideration at all. I believe you'r... (by Hadar)
VC++

I have read C++. Now I want go to into Visual C++ but on trying to get IDE from Microsoft it failed several days. Please I need help.
[3 replies] Last: Visual C++ is a good IDE with a very good compiler. The Express editi... (by Gaminic)
What is a driver program?

In my c++ class I hve to make a driver program for my last project? BankingSystem* myBankingSystem= new BankingSystem(). I had the meat of the program done a...
[7 replies] Last: This is a problem that came from another thread, which we temporarily ... (by TheIdeasMan)
meanings of some easy functions

hello, I experimented a little bit, and realised that long signed unsigned What are they there for? 2nd Question: Until now, with the help of Buckies ...
[5 replies] Last: Thx to you all for helping me out!! (by xantavis)
by rossig
Multiple definition - again

Hello, I have seen a post about this issue, but it didn't apply to my problem, so the solution neither. Development enviroment gcc/g++ 4.6.3 Ubuntu 12.04...
[2 replies] Last: thanks a lot helios, after some reading and your post, I could underst... (by rossig)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 2324252627... 31
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.