General C++ Programming - August 2012 (Page 30)

String error with header file

I'm working on an RPG (text based) for a school project. My teacher suggested using a header file for declearing the items side of things. The problem occurs in...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, I'll try that. As with the character array; thought it might u... (by tyriuth)
$80 000 for the Best Programmers!

Programmers, both experts and beginners, have a great chance to earn $80 000. Registration of the Sixth Annual Automated Trading Championship 2012 has already s...
[2 replies] Last: If I could create an algorithm good enough to accurately predict the f... (by cnoeval)
Working with WinHTTP, totally lost

For starters, I'm a rank amateur. I accept this. My education in C++ was 1 class and about 100 hours of goofing around with coding before I got into education i...
[7 replies] Last: I worked with winhttp, and I ended up creating a reasonable wrapper. B... (by exiledAussie)
Special Help

Hi all, While I have posted a few posts in this forum, I understand that I still haven't used all of this site's features yet, because I didn't know to use the...
[2 replies] Last: Regarding how to ask for help, I agree with cnoeval. Regarding your p... (by exiledAussie)
Common Code Base

Can anyone tell me what is meant by a "common code base"? Please explain it in a simple language. Thanks in advance!
[2 replies] Last: RE: Moschops Does this mean a generic library? (by majidkamali1370)
GetOpenFileName()

So I'm using GetOpenFileName(), and it works. No issues there, found a tutorial and it works great. I wanted to set it up so that if you canceled or didn't sele...
[8 replies] Last: Also, while (fileFound == 0){ fileFound = GetOpenFileName(&... (by htirwin)
Shared Memory in DLL

Hi ppl!! My problem is simple. I'm supposed to implement a counter that counts how applications/instances of applications are using my DLL. I need the counter...
[9 replies] Last: Atoms are really old and go way back. Early WIN16 subsystems use them... (by kbw)
by ToniAz
C++11 Compiler?!

Hello everyone! I was reading in the cplusplus forum just now the following code: #include <vector> using namespace std; int (main){ vector<dou...
[11 replies] Last: @Disch: [quote=firedraco]"obscene"? Is this also obscene? int array ... (by viliml)
reading .dbf files

i read from meny resources and understood about dbf structure. these files are included header , Descriptor and record data. i found C# code about it. as foll...
[no replies]
Getting drives connected

Hi, i would like to know how i can get an array containing the drives connected to the computer maybe using this 'System::IO::DriveInfo::GetDrives()' Then lo...
[2 replies] Last: But what if a drive type has a more then one letter name? i found thi... (by timmoth)
search map using both 1 index and 2 index

Is there any avaliable class support this? xxmap m; findmap(key1); findmap(key1, key2);
[3 replies] Last: perhaps map<key1, {multi}map<key2, value>> would do what you need? f... (by Cubbi)
Getting error expected expression before ; token

Hi, I have to modify code of putty and i port it on codeblocks and compile code i am getting error : Putty code give me error: error: expected ‘{’ ...
[1 reply] : Post enum.c. (by helios)
Permutation issue

Some errors... please help. What I am trying to do is reading an array of characters from a file (only latin characters, and less than 100) and check whether th...
[4 replies] Last: OP is still missing the declaration, even if it's in <algorithm>, whic... (by AbstractionAnon)
class + std::async not working together.

Can't get even to compile this. What am I doing wrong? #include <vector> #include <future> using namespace std; class A { int a,b; public: A(int i=1, i...
[3 replies] Last: Asked the question in stackoverflow and got the answer there. http:/... (by wizulis)
by m4wk
Working with pointers & queues; syntax problem!

Hey guys, can someone give me a little help with my c++ program I am trying to work on? Here is the code I was provided: http://pastebin.com/UTfr9BSs I am...
[3 replies] Last: It's ok to post C. We look at C issues here too. (by kbw)
No source available for ”gsl_permute_char() “

Hi all, I use the gnu scientific library gsl . My application compiles and link well. But when it comes to execution, at this line : gsl_permute_char(gs...
[1 reply] : The error came from a misuse of gsl_ran_shuffle just before the call... (by lalebarde)
short array to ??

Hi, This is my C++ problem. I get back a short array from a system-call that's dedicated to system I work on. The short array somewhere contains an 8-byte long...
[8 replies] Last: Good to hear that there is no performance penalty. Would be intere... (by Kitesurfer1962)
Managing Credit Card account

Ok, so what I have to do is Make a program to manage records for just one credit card account. The user is able to setup the account, choose payment date, choo...
[no replies]
Problem getting the sum of random numbers

I have this code that generates four random numbers void random(int a ) { srand(time(NULL)); int f ; int s ; int c, b, i; // sum of...
[9 replies] Last: never mind I already got it. Thanks anyways :) (by projectUser)
Weird behaviour of strcat()..

int send(const char * ftp, const char * user, const char * pass, const char * pathondisk, char * nameonftp) { char * buf=nameonftp; cout<<pathondisk<<endl;//...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks alot firedraco, problem solved. (by sigmablack)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 28293031
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.