General C++ Programming - August 2012 (Page 6)

CListCtrl

CListCtrl, what is this? does anyone know that?
[2 replies] Last: thanks, for your help (by spy man)
c++ compile error

I see compile error about these : DWORD LONGLONG WORD BYTE How can I solve these problems
[2 replies] Last: thanks ı did (by spy man)
Class functions

Hi, I'm on the verge of finishing my library for a project and I have a simple question. Is it okay to use a lot of void functions in a class? Is there so...
[2 replies] Last: I understand, now. For me it was like I finally made a good library w... (by RobertEagle)
String concatenation using pointers

I know that this is a very common problem but I am not able to print the output.. Here is my program : #include<iostream> using namespace std ; void co...
[7 replies] Last: In the end , I used std::string and used + operator for concatenation ... (by Raman009)
by Techy0
Hal 9000

Hello, I was pondering what my next project should be and I thought about making a program like Hal 9000. The more I thought about it though, the more complicat...
[2 replies] Last: Natural Language recognition is an advanced section of AI, not recomme... (by Script Coder)
spell checker!!

ok so I am trying to do this spell checker. I have both the dictionary and the word I am trying to check on text files. When i try to run it this weird output c...
[2 replies] Last: A few errors: cout<<dictionary<<endl; This will print the address t... (by Script Coder)
Weird space

I am working on a way to read from a txt and put the info into a vector but I am getting a weird problem. The txt looks like this: 4 381734 41 837231 380 29...
[1 reply] : You should use condition while ( getline( users,l ine ) && x < get... (by vlad from moscow)
by beakie
OpenGL... Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang

The code executes without any errors thrown but nothing is drawn on the screen? Any ideas, please? #include "frmDeviceRender.h" void FrmDeviceRend...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks :) (by beakie)
How do you create .html or .php files with C++

Example: Enter title for your website: My Website Program puts that string into <h2> </h2> tag, then creates an HTML file. The only thing as of right now ...
[1 reply] : Use fstreams: std::ofstream out("website.html"); out<<"<html> <head>... (by BlackSheep)
Read from txt

What is the easiest way to read the first char from a txt? I figured out an extremely over complicated way that looks like a prime example of inefficient progra...
[2 replies] Last: You might want to add std::noskipws . is >> std::noskipws >> ch ; ... (by JLBorges)
SDL Not Accepting Relative Paths

I'm trying to load a .bmp with SDL and everything works fine if I save it in the root. The file is blitted and is usable. However if I place it in a folder that...
[2 replies] Last: I feel like an idiot. Thanks a lot Disch! (by MottMan)
assigning a C string to a string object

Hi - I just want to double-check something with the forum. If I have something like: string myStr; char cStr ; strcpy(cStr, "abcde"); myStr = cStr; ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for the clarification. Turns out that this was cockpit error; i... (by mzimmers)
by xzbit
messageBox always on top and..

hi, how can i make my messagebox always on top and block the user from accessing any windows until the user hit the OK button in the messagebox thanks in ...
[3 replies] Last: Then maybe is a good idea to use a secure desktop (the same behavior a... (by modoran)
by xzbit
write file

i tried to write a file..something like this ofstream file; file.open ("C:\\Windows\\sample.txt"); file << "blah"; it didnt created a file but i can rea...
[5 replies] Last: If this is windows 7 and you are not running as admin, operating syste... (by modoran)
Weird Enqueue Function

Hi there , I have written a enqueue function for a priority queue . This doesn't have any compilation error but my program ends abruptly. Here's the code : ...
[6 replies] Last: Error found :) The line in enqueue while(ptr->priority < loc->priori... (by Raman009)
Converting 32 bit intiger to printable 8 bit Character

I want to convert a series of 32-bit integer values into a sequence of printable 8-bit character values. Mapping the 32-bit integers to printable 8-bit characte...
[2 replies] Last: The problem is in you reading the file. You simply cout the entire li... (by S7krs)
Data Structures Tutor

Looking for a tutor for a college data structures course. Posted a notice in the "Jobs" section. Looking for instruction using skype or similar on a regular b...
[no replies]
Forward reference to class in external namespace

When declaring a forward reference to a class in external namespaces I've found that the following syntax works as desired: namespace A { namespace B { ...
[2 replies] Last: A translation unit has to know how the names A and B were declared. Th... (by vlad from moscow)
C++ what is it for?

1. What specific projects can c++ will be useful than other programming languages.
[16 replies] Last: @ResidentBiscuit and iseeplusplus: General Purpose, defined by Google ... (by Script Coder)
by rossig
adding new line to string literal

Hello, sorry if it was asked before, but I tryed everything and it didn't work. No new line inserted, the whole line in a row is dislayed instead. The string ...
[6 replies] Last: Hello, the code all of you suggested works :), but not with SDL the re... (by rossig)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 45678... 31
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.