General C++ Programming - August 2013 (Page 27)

Dictionary as Hash Table w/ Linked List problems

Hello, I am currently working on an assignment in which I create a Dictionary as a Hash Table with Linked List to spell check a text document. I am suppos...
[3 replies] Last: I don't see why that wouldn't work. Can you step through your app in ... (by norm b)
counter trouble

Can anybody help me solve the problem in my code? I am trying to place a counter to count in each time a new order comes in, but I am having trouble with the m...
[13 replies] Last: code finally solved..... (by DontKnowCPP)
Changing a global variable in a thread

Hello. I have a small problem with my program. It is kinda a mess but I will try to explain you what I am trying to do. I have some threads. One of it, it attem...
[15 replies] Last: hmm I see. Actually I transfered my application Visual Studio, made a ... (by DjSt3rios)
mapping in the loop

Is it possible to let the map on a loop and map different string with different vectors? It means that have a conceptual loop as following. for(i=0, i=10, i++...
[1 reply] : Your 'conceptual loop' creates 10 maps and immediately destroys them. ... (by cire)
Problem with curses

I have a folder of c++ programs that I switch back and forth between my desktop and my laptop. I recently made a program that uses the Curses.h on my laptop. Wh...
[6 replies] Last: You are correct. Everything seems to be configured properly. I can run... (by Redeyery)
SDL error in code

im having some trouble with SDL, this is the tutorial from lazyfoo , im using code blocks and when compile this code I get this: ld.exe: cannot find -lSDLmain c...
[4 replies] Last: yeah i didnt mean dont use it. i personally use it, but i know there a... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
How to retain all project properties when change from debug to release mode in C++ ( Visual studio )

Hi, I'm developing C++ application in visual studio 2012. I have couple of C++ projects in my solution. I have put some library paths in every project's prop...
[2 replies] Last: Lookout though because there is sometimes different versions of files ... (by Pickle Gunner)
weird sfml error

so i just posted a while ago about learning allegro, but got this weird error about not being able to find the start point in libstdc++-6. i decided to install ...
[13 replies] Last: yeah min gw is 4.7.1 and thanks ill check the link out (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
print all 64-bit binary numbers

I have a program in c++ to print all the binary numbers that have 64 bits. But the problem is it works only for 30 bits. Beyond that the program does not work p...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot. That was indeed a nice idea :) (by infobliss)
by BasV
Thread-sharing a std::map

Hi everyone, I have a std::unordered_map<int, CustomClass*> map that I share between two threads. When either thread loops through this map, it does so lik...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the responses! I'll keep this in mind when working with mul... (by BasV)
by cxinio
how to march two rows of data and return only 1 value?

I've got two columns of data. int a ={1,3,5,8,10,12}; int b ={3,5,9}; int c ={0}; if a is equal to ANY of the data in b, then c= a*2 if a isn't equal t...
[4 replies] Last: perfect, thanks a lot. (by cxinio)
Twain scanner using C++

How do I set the DPI of a scan using TWAIN in C++ please help me and allso set programatically set the duplex..
[no replies]
To concatenate two 2-dimensional int arrays into one larger 3-dimensional array

How can I concatenate two 2-dimensional int arrays into one larger 3-dimensional array. This question is also valid for the 3-dimensional vectors. I know the ...
[3 replies] Last: #include <string.h> int main() { int v1 = {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9... (by ajh32)
if (x) means???

#include<iostream.h> int main() { int x=0,y=0,z=0; if (x) { x--; y=x+2; cout<<x--<<endl; cout<<y; } else cout<<x++; return 0; } what does if(x)...
[16 replies] Last: Similar thread: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/105281/ (by abhishekm71)
Spell Checker

Over the last few days, I've been trying to implement a spell checker in c++ that checks if the inputted word is in the dictionary file on my computer. However,...
[7 replies] Last: I replaced the new string with vector<string>, but I realized it takes... (by codecentral)
double pointer array

How to initialize double pointer array..? int (**aLines) ;
[3 replies] Last: 1). int (**aLines) = 0; 2). int (**aLines) = NULL; 3). int (**aLines... (by vlad from moscow)
Caesar Cipher reading text

I get the error of not declaring "text" "exit" but I how do I declared those variables, even if they cause problem to file... how can I output the decipher f...
[6 replies] Last: A variable of type char is required to have at least 8 bits, yes. (I ... (by cire)
Inheritance and header file include issues

Hi, I have a couple of classes derived from a parent class, and each of these classes and the parent have their own header files and cpp's. The derived class...
[2 replies] Last: Hi Zhuge, I'm adding various code snippets here which are basically s... (by farhan3d)
Loop depending on user input

EDIT: I'm trying to get this program to loop the number of times I get it to input. The program compiles alright, and it does loop when I tell it too, but ho...
[12 replies] Last: I rewrote a more simplistic version of the code I had before without a... (by firstlast)
Turbo C++ Graphics Vs SDL

Hello I am programming in C++ for quite sometime and am now trying to develop an application which uses graphics. Now, Turbo compiler comes with a good graph...
[6 replies] Last: They suggest Tetris because it is a fairly simple project -- one that ... (by Duthomhas)
August 2013 Pages: 1... 25262728
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.