General C++ Programming - August 2013 (Page 3)

Hi. Can I get some help?

for example: How many members? 2 name: edward birthday (mm dd yyyy): 12 28 1994 name: eddy birthday (mm dd yyyy): 12 28 1994 Enter date: 12 28...
[5 replies] Last: #include<conio.h> #include<string.h> using namespace std; int inmonth,... (by koppaka)
calling member within a class within a class

I tried to google this before, but I got anything but what I was looking for. Here is a stripped down version of my code: class color { public: float...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=Twist177]render isn't supposed to return anything, hence the v... (by LB)
by ekbanz
Explain this function for me please

i know what it does, i just don't understand the flow of the loop, could someone please explain that loop? btw that function is part of the tic tac toe game det...
[1 reply] : Hi ! I think its no big mystery ! all possible winning combinations ar... (by nilsheidorn)
by Ceset
dll search directory order

hi i was working on a program and one thing come to my mind. "hey if this program were to be published it would be bad for people to see all dll files are in...
[1 reply] : well i found a code. thx anyways. must have missed setdlldirectory (by Ceset)
cUrl command line to libcurl source code...

Hello ! I have a simple (working) cUrl command line: curl -u user:pass -F "filename=test.txt" -F "fname=@foo.txt" http://www.myserver.com/fileupload.htm ...
[2 replies] Last: Hi ! Thank you for the quick info i took a quick look. It seems that t... (by nilsheidorn)
Stack based question (I think)

In c89/90 is there a way to retrieve a pointer from stack or whatever that would behave as this would once cast to the correct type? This is more of a curiosi...
[6 replies] Last: BTW I won't be responding to this thread again so admin feel free to i... (by awsdert)
help with JAVA, please help me simon says project

//I ended up not using the online example at all, it was only making it more difficult //this is my doing from top to bottom package isay; import javax.sw...
[1 reply] : Please don't create more than one thread, you already have one in the ... (by LB)
by Ceset
libpng ICCP warnings

known incorrect sRGB profile well it doesnt causes me problem and loads my png. but i want to know whats going on. also made a research but more than what ...
[2 replies] Last: well thx. it is just a warning like you said but i wanted to undestand... (by Ceset)
by abu
Unhandled exception - LeaveCriticalSection

Hello guys, I am writing a small simulation program where I make thousands of a function calls to simulate a location based problem. When I use the program to ...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you so much guys for your suggestions. (by abu)
Recursive Function help please

This is a recursive solver to try to solve Euler#60. http://projecteuler.net/problem=60 The solver runs through, but fails to find a solution for the last array...
[5 replies] Last: I made the changes you suggest, but it still doesn't work; now I just ... (by sicilicide)
by MDS
Stack overflow

I'm trying to time the quicksort and selection sort methods on my machine and my arrays are too big to fit on the stack. I've been trying to research ways to so...
[3 replies] Last: If by "causing a problem" you mean "containing very large numbers", th... (by LB)
by CAAA
SDL_ttf Text not rendering

I am making a engine written in C++ with the SDL library i am done makeking the texture class but i am trying to write a class to make text render anyway when i...
[10 replies] Last: Fredbill has been suggesting you read the 1.6 tutorials and then learn... (by LB)
Help with Calculator GUI...

Hi! I'm creating a calculator with a GUI, and I'm having some troubles. I've created a button what says: "Calculate" and a Text Box what says "Value". My ...
[8 replies] Last: Can you make a example? =/ I'm new with C++ programming :| Yes, "Text... (by Melequinha)
Headers included in different .cpp

Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me out with this little problem I am having. I have this header file that has a set of 6 structure pointer that are u...
[10 replies] Last: Not all globals are bad. Some are good. For example, an "options" obje... (by Duthomhas)
Can Base Call to Call Overridden Function?

Hi, I just wondering if a base class can call the overridden function from a Derived class? Here's an example: //Base Class H class BaseClass { public: Ba...
[9 replies] Last: Init should be non-virtual and protected ;p (by LB)
I dont understand how a compiled program communicates with OS

How does a compiled C++ program communicate with OS like accessing and reading files? If the C++ standard library is written in C++ then how do the standard lib...
[9 replies] Last: Exactly. Whether or not Windows itself uses interrupts to do stuff i... (by Duthomhas)
is this possible?

i kind of in need of help i am trying to make a simple log in system without the use of database or whatever it is called. my only concern is this c...
[5 replies] Last: I changed the text and background color to the same color as an altern... (by Superdude)
by Heymid
If and else issues

I've made a command-line program in Xcode using C++. The program generates a random integer number between 1-10. If the value matches any of the variables a-j, ...
[3 replies] Last: the mistake you did is an algoritmic one. you said when you run the co... (by Ceset)
Direction in proving this statement?

What does this mean, (interpretation): "As can be easily seen, only number systems with bases 2' have an integral number of bits per symbol, and can thus be eff...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=kbw]But you could extend that statement to any base, base 3, 10... (by Duthomhas)
Random Number Generator with a twist

Hello, I have to come up with a program that I have to create which is: The Computer guesses a random calculation "Value1 Operator Value2 = Answer." The comp...
[2 replies] Last: Doh.. Not sure how I missed that! Thanks! corrected it and all is ... (by FSUSem1nolez)
August 2013 Pages: 12345... 28
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.