General C++ Programming - August 2013 (Page 6)

Help with randomizer

cout <<"This Program will randomly pick a name"<<endl; Sleep (2000); srand((unsigned)time(0)); for(int index=0; index<20; index++) rando...
[4 replies] Last: Why are you doing this? for(int index=0; index<20; index++) rando... (by Stewbond)
What library should I use?

As I understand, you need a library thingy mabobber in order to insert pictures into a program. What in your opinion is the most recent, robust, easy to use, an...
[8 replies] Last: Alright, thanks for everything! I found the passage a little odd but h... (by Galaxy7games)
Error

why i am getting the error regularly in debug as cannot open output file debug\filename.exe permission denied collect2: id returned 1 exit status
[1 reply] : Maybe the program is already in the debug mode but you are trying to r... (by vlad from moscow)
Writing non-default constructor supersedes compiler generated default constructor?

If I have a basic data struct with an initialization constructor, the compiler seems to no longer generate a default constructor: struct MyStruct { int mV...
[6 replies] Last: gcc (g++) 4.6.1 (by Gladdok)
Difficulty creating a templated class

I am attempting to create a templated class that implements a circularly linked list, but I am getting some errors I don't know how to resolve Here is my code:...
[1 reply] : class linkedListNode linkedListNode<dataType> See anything wrong? ... (by S G H)
Good book for a intermediate C++ programmer?

Hello fellow programmers, I read the whole of "C++ A Beginner's Guide" by Herbert Schmidt, and I got some basic and some more advanced knowledge on the language...
[6 replies] Last: Great info here guys! Thanks a bunch! (by closed account L3ME3TCk)
Show large ASCII on screen

I've written a Hexadecimal/ASCII chart, and would like to be able to show a larger version of the selected ASCII on screen. Is there a way to read the individua...
[10 replies] Last: EDIT:: Closed this thread, as it seems there is no way to accomplish... (by whitenite1)
by marys2
can't register to use Code::Blocks forum

Hello, I am a very new C++ student, and I was trying to get guidance on using the IDE called Code::Blocks. It talks about things like workspace and projects...
[2 replies] Last: Mats: Thank you very much! I'm in! MS (by msmspellman105)
Variable length integer subtraction

On a controlled buffer of unsigned char it is possible to do subtraction faster than if you followed standard mathematical rules, here is an example: typede...
[8 replies] Last: I get that bit but why precedence, that's all about order of expressio... (by awsdert)
Trying to create Fibonacci sequence

Maybe this should be in the beginner forum but I'm trying to make a fibonacci sequence with some user inputs. I'm using arrays for this, the user inputs are for...
[4 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/iw6AC542/ [quote=Duoas]This is typic... (by ne555)
Efficiency

The following code snippets should be a good representation of my situation. Which of the following would be more efficient: int sum=0; for(int i=0; i<large_n...
[17 replies] Last: > Subtraction is almost always faster than modulus. Modulus needs divi... (by JLBorges)
How do two classes interact with each other ???

I want to know that how objects of two different classes interact with each other??? Any example please?? Regards, Ali
[1 reply] : A broad question. Generally, the interface of a class dictates how it... (by keskiverto)
by Ceset
nothing shown

i was trying to make bg.bmp to shown and it simply works fine but nothing shown MC_FuncsB_GLoop.h #ifndef MC_FUNCSB_GLOOP_H #define MC_FUNCSB_GLOOP_H #includ...
[7 replies] Last: Well, think obect oriented. What kind of object do you want? Answer: ... (by coder777)
Variable length integer operations

I intend to reference this thread from another thread so I do not clutter that thread with code, unless you're admin please do not post here. /* This code is ...
[13 replies] Last: ZXCORE_EXP zxuchr* zx_vluMulEq( zxuchr *src, size_t sbits, zxuchr *v... (by awsdert)
by Hepic
SDL

I have problem with SDL setting. Can anyone help me? My skype is: hepic.hepic
[1 reply] : I set up that but tells me "No such file or directory| ||=== Build f... (by Hepic)
eventloop as a function

I was trying to make a event loop into a function that will simple toggle globe variables. The reason I am trying to do this is that I don't know what input the...
[5 replies] Last: Thinks ^_^ Sorry for the bad English; I should have been asleep hour... (by amir aba)
Hash function implementation

Hi, I was trying to implement a hash function in c++. This is just for learning purposes and not for a class project or assignment question. I had some ques...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=funprogrammer]I am not sure what a hash object is I didn't say ... (by LB)
by CAAA
SDL and Memory issues

I am trying to make a game engine from SDL but i am having trouble when i run a test program with my engine it freezes but only if i run it on release when i ru...
[4 replies] Last: I get it Load() initializes tex but it doesnt inizialize the acutal cl... (by CAAA)
vector of object, object including vectors again?

I want to define an object, in this object I need to define two vectors which I don't know the size in advance. Can I do this in this way? class cluster_t...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <vector> using namespace std; class po... (by northfly)
.txt calculation

I put all the data into a .txt file. How do I use the information from the .txt file and make some calculation? inside the .txt file SQUARE 10.2 12.3 RE...
[4 replies] Last: The standard's file input class is std::ifstream, which is under the <... (by Daleth)
August 2013 Pages: 1... 45678... 28
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.