General C++ Programming - August 2015

I have this code which runs in dev c++ but i want it to run in turbo c++.

I have this code which runs in dev c++ but i want it to run in turbo c++. can anyone please convert it so that it can run in turbo c++. please!!! #inc...
[6 replies] Last: @Ericool really appreciate you help. but that part was understood by ... (by closed account y6q2y60M)
Need help fixing print function!

It's supposed to print each element of the array but it doesn't #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; void start (int boxes )...
[3 replies] Last: you're welcome. (by Ericool)
C++ reading in integers, delimited by commas problem

I have a file that has data like: 1,0,3,5,7,4,2,7,8,1,5,2,1,4,7,8, These are just arbitrary numbers for the sake of example, but the values will never be more...
[4 replies] Last: yes you are right. :) (by Ericool)
a problem about array parameter

Hello everyone,I'm a new one in C++ and here. Could anyone please tell me what does the formal parameter of the below function mean? in which NUM is a predefi...
[3 replies] Last: you're welcome. (by Ericool)
Microsoft ADO issues between XP and Windows 7

I've been in the process of migrating a development environment project from xp 32bit to windows 7 32bit. The main issue I've been having all revolve around th...
[no replies]
by Sep132
Cant run .exe file writen in C++

Hello, I have recently written a program in C++, saved it as a C++ file but made the actual file .exe , Now i tried to run it but i got the following error; Win...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks (by Sep132)
error in passing class array to function // undefined reference

its showing error 129 undefined reference to ifclassacceptsthatcode(int, int, class_code) #include <iostream> #include <time.h> #include <cstdlib> u...
[2 replies] Last: yeah thanks :) (by chinmayshah99)
need help in function

double getFailureRate(double marks , int size ) {} i want to write a function to get failure rate of marks after key in 5 students marks,how to do that?
[9 replies] Last: yep too quick on that one :) use double rateOfFailures , which you can... (by Ericool)
by FielX7
ATM PIN problem

Hello! I have a function that lets the user enter the correct pin to enter ATM transactions. My problem is that when I go to the second and third loop, it neve...
[4 replies] Last: Main: #include "atm.h" #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #incl... (by FielX7)
Polymorphism and Inheritance

Hi! I've just started on C++ programming recently and i'm having trouble with this question. Essentially, this is a question from one of my lectures. ...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> class Animal { protected: co... (by Ericool)
Something Similar but better (1,2)

Hello to everyone, I have a question: there is something similar to the label goto? I don't want to use it because I know that is not very appreciate and at th...
[22 replies] Last: you're smart... Well, I think OP found an answer and I learned a littl... (by Gamer2015)
Getint function

Hello, I have this getint function I need to test #include <stdio.h> #include <ctype.h> #define BUFSIZE 100 /* Implementation */ static char ...
[4 replies] Last: I'm not going to debug your code for you. (by Duthomhas)
Help with my simple coin simulation program Thanks!!

Hello, I am learning C++ in school and I thought I could make my own program demonstrating object oriented programming. I am trying to do a simple coin fli...
[4 replies] Last: you only need to put it to one of those ;) you're welcome! (by Gamer2015)
Problem with EXC_BAD_ACCESS

Hi,I got a hard time dealing with the exc_bad_access problem. Can anyone figure out where I've done wrong? void write_to_array(string s,int a ,int i){ ve...
[1 reply] : void write_to_array(string s,int a ,int i){ vector<string> vec; ... (by ne555)
Print a 3-D drawing of a die, using asterisks

Does anyone know how to write a code to print a 3-d drawing of a die, , using asterisks? Die is 3D It displays everything correctly (random 1-6, i guess)
[5 replies] Last: very nice! my teacher wanted asterisks. thanks for all your help. i a... (by tuanle007)
by ape1
Segmentation Fault

I am making a program that creates a 2d array and inputs a file/displays the file. it compiles, however when I execute it with the input file: ./a.out < prog...
[6 replies] Last: remember, theres only 1 reason why "segmentation fault" error appears,... (by xenovia12)
by bsc123
Using variable in grid (columns/rows)

I made dots and boxes but I want the user to select the size of the board (4-10). I can do everything, but I want to make it in a for loop and not copy and past...
[2 replies] Last: I might be able to figure it out from here, but how do you tell where ... (by bsc123)
File Handling in C++

How to Create File in Other locations using turbo c++ file handling "C:\myfile.txt" etc are not working.
[1 reply] : It is unlikely your OS will allow you to create a file in the root dir... (by Duthomhas)
by VxK21
I NEED HELP ON THIS WORK

I need a specific program that asks the user what size of an array will be put out and it limits to 1x1 up to 10x10 array and after that you have to enter a nu...
[1 reply] : don't double post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/windows/172469/ (by Gamer2015)
by juls
to complete a Tab ?

hello, i would like to complete a char* tab you can see the code i want : int deb=0,fin=48i; char *tab1 ; char T ; for(i=deb;i<=fin;i++) { spr...
[16 replies] Last: ok thank you, in fact it was so easy !! (by juls)
August 2015 Pages: 123... 17
  Archived months: [jul2015] [sep2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.