General C++ Programming - August 2017

by nyck66
C: recursive merge sort for a linked list

I apologize for the upcoming wall of code. The merge sort for a linked list has to be of return type void and must take as its parameter the header to a link...
[2 replies] Last: The structure of your sort is off: sort() and merge() should be mutual... (by Duthomhas)
Creating vim like text editor in c++

I want to create a vim like text editor in c/c++, but unfortunately i don't know from where to start. Can some one please guide me from where i can start my pro...
[6 replies] Last: Cubbi is being a pedant because the term is being used in a nonsense... (by Duthomhas)
Trying to create a running total with many data types

I am trying to create a program that only adds the distance of the feeder if all of the feeder "attributes" are the same (except for the distance). If the attri...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Ganado, Sorry, this is my first time posting to this forum, an... (by akrieman)
by fmad
Concurrent lock-free unique id generator

Hello. I'm trying to implement a concurrent lock-free unique id "generator". Currently it looks more or less like this: using UID = unsigned; class UIDPool {...
[14 replies] Last: Well I've tested atomicity of 64-bit variables on needed architectures... (by fmad)
string C++

What is a string in C++ and what is the difference with C-string; What is the use of string tables in c++;
[2 replies] Last: This is a duplicate. Also, the length of the buffer and the length of... (by jonnin)
How to loop through the lines on the file

So i want to make a directory, when a certain scope of work is searched, the details of the supplier will appear, my problem is how do i loop through the lines ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks so much for the response. More Power! :) (by Paulicious)
Patterns

Could anyone please make the following pattern by accepting the number of lines , and also explain to me the logic behind adding the spaces . ABCDEFGFEDCBA A...
[8 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <algorithm> using nam... (by lastchance)
HOW DO I MAKE THIS PROGRAM WORK?

#include <iostream> using namespace std; double getTemps(); double calcAvg(double temp1, double temp2, double temp3); void displayAvg(double avg); in...
[2 replies] Last: screams object to me. struct tmps { double tmp1, tmp2, tmp3; vo... (by jonnin)
Supplier Directory Project Question

Hi guys, I'm new to C++ Programming and as a requirement to a certain subject we are tasked to make a work related program. So i decided to make a supplier dire...
[3 replies] Last: At NO TIME does you program look at anything beyond the first line o... (by Paulicious)
Unknown error

See this: https://www.filesuffix.com/en/extension/mdb
[no replies]
Enumerated datatype : Months and seasons

Write a program to display the months falling in a particular season ? Use enumerated list to store 12 months. Program should continue till user inputs N. Spri...
[6 replies] Last: Maybe like this #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespa... (by Thomas1965)
Do array subscripts always start with zero?

hi i learn c language in naresh i Technologies Can any body Knows Do array subscripts always start with zero? website:www.nareshit.in
[2 replies] Last: > Do array subscripts always start with zero? Yes; the first element ... (by JLBorges)
by subba
soap call in C++ thread crashes

I am calling a java web service method from shared library(which uses soap calls generated by gsoap tools) in C++ thread.when I run this code its generating co...
[5 replies] Last: I haven't done much with this library, but it seems that it is a probl... (by coder777)
Ordinary Library vs. Static Library and more questions

Sorry in advance if this is a bit long :| I learned and created some simple libraries to use with my code and to make it more readable and brief, however, I had...
[9 replies] Last: @Doug4 Thank you. It's clear now. (by mojtabaavahdati)
Undefined reference errors when using allegro

Hi everyone! So I installed allegro today, but when I tried to run the sample code, it gave the following errors: C:\Users\MICHI_~1\AppData\Local\Temp\...
[4 replies] Last: So if I get this correct, I need to add all the files in my allegro/li... (by goldenchicken)
Community of discord for coders

I kept wondering how efficient this forum is, and you ask your wuestion, go to bed, and maybe someone answered, but what if you actually could get your answer i...
[2 replies] Last: @OP: If you want a C++ discord: there actually already is one: http://... (by goldenchicken)
find_if() problem with string

I get a compilation error when using find_if() with a string: #include <algorithm> /// find_if() #include <iostream> #include <cctype> ...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you all. My program runs fine now. (by Bopaki)
Need for projects

Hello everyone, I have been programming in C++ for over a year now, but now I have no idea what to do. The last project I worked on was a LinkedList class, b...
[2 replies] Last: That is a great idea! Thanks alot! (by goldenchicken)
How to change a sentence color?

I'd love to change this sentence color cout << "CALCULATOR\nMade by Kristen\n\n"; It's white in console, how can I change it? Working in Code::Blocks
[14 replies] Last: Thought I'd share a simple function to do what your looking for. PS I ... (by SamuelAdams)
regex - searching XML that doesnt contain a newline

Josuttis has given an example for a regex that searches XML (that doesnt contain a newline). The XML string that is searched and the regex are as follows: ...
[3 replies] Last: However, the 2nd subpattern ([^<]*) (which searches for the value) lo... (by doug4)
August 2017 Pages: 123... 9
  Archived months: [jul2017] [sep2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.