General C++ Programming - August 2017 (Page 8)

Debugging

Hi, I have written a simple C++ program to read a string and output only even words. For example, in the first sentence, the output should be "I written simple ...
[4 replies] Last: I tried with ' '. It didn't work. So, I used that. Anyway, this versio... (by Albus Dumbledore)
How to get source code of C++ STL?

Is it free to get source code of C++ STL? if yes, how to get it? Thanks.
[2 replies] Last: Thanks very much for your kindly and detailed answer:). (by YorkYin)
by TheArk
error do while

Any idea why this won't compile? It is saying an error with the do loop #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; //***********...
[2 replies] Last: Also, missing semicolon at lines 9 and 10. The earlier version in the... (by Chervil)
time elapsed.

Hey Guys!. I'm not able to find the reason i got 0 each time. Can you pls help me? #include <iostream> #include <ctime> using namespace std; class t...
[9 replies] Last: That is awesome news. I havent been doing real time coding, I actual... (by jonnin)
String to a float

I am challenging myself to write a simplified spreadsheet program. I am able to check for different cell inputs and assign values to a spreadsheet struct, but I...
[4 replies] Last: @JLBorges Thank you. I'm now able to store the double in my struct, a... (by whitenite1)
Making it easier to refer to a member structure

Hey forum! I am working on my own templatized dynamic array class. I understand a similar class is already provided in the HP standard template library--or at...
[18 replies] Last: > I have noticed many people use a single capital letter for the name ... (by JLBorges)
Recommendations please?

Here's the thing: i need an IDE that would permit for me to create GUI applications the same way that Visual Basic does (simply by drawing windows and buttons a...
[4 replies] Last: Just a word for C++builder. I started to use it years ago for the sam... (by Chervil)
Writing a C++ program.

I am attempting to write a C++ program. It needs to read string data from a file, find the same string within that file multiple times and creates a newline...
[1 reply] : First you need to read in the search text from the console - for examp... (by Thomas1965)
What is the difference between below methods for getting thread ID in C++?

How to get thread ID in C++? (reference code: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/thread/thread/get_id/) 1. I try to get the thread ID of th by two methods ...
[1 reply] : > Why the results between (1) and (2) are different? After line 35 ... (by JLBorges)
by Handge
Control may reach end of non-void function

I'm getting an error from this function, "control may reach end of non-void function" So how Would I go about and fix this. This is how I call the function gett...
[6 replies] Last: I won't be able to call the function, more like it won't allow me to ... (by Chervil)
Any tips for my assignment?

Hi there. I have an assignment which is titled : Write an application in C++ for a company to keep track of staff records. Create at least 20 records (staff nam...
[4 replies] Last: step 5, think about what is next. After you store data in some constr... (by jonnin)
by Handge
String Doubleing

I have a game save code thing, and every time it decodes the game save code the int is doubled anybody know why? cout << "This has been removed" << endl; 1...
[1 reply] : Figured it out, didn't "reset" the strings before they were processed.... (by Handge)
by arbwok
Need something to code

Hey, I am currently wasting my life away over the summer, so I was wondering what's some great activities i can do with a bunch of free time that can strengthen...
[2 replies] Last: These should provide enough study material. https://www.google.co.uk/s... (by Thomas1965)
by Handge
Setting string value to int

I'm having this error when ever I do this, string = int; error: conversion from 'int' to non-scalar type 'std::string {aka std::basic_string}' requested Is the...
[1 reply] : Wait I figured it out int test = 90; std::string s = std::to... (by Handge)
no operators + match

This is what i currently have: TCHAR username[UNLEN + 1]; DWORD size = UNLEN + 1; // std::string Lfullpath1 = "C:\\Users\\" + username + "\\AppData\\Loc...
[3 replies] Last: probably should use string if you need this type of behavior, if possi... (by jonnin)
by Handge
Cut off Decimals

How do I cut off the decimals of a number? For example 3.2912038 to something like 3, I have a double variable like 1.48 (%48) * 645 = 954.6, These numbers I j...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks (by Handge)
Portable GUI Library for Windows/Linux/Android

Hi I have been considering options for a portable GUI Library (Widget Toolkit) for multiple platforms. The platforms I am targeting are : Windows, Android...
[7 replies] Last: [quote=helios]Last time I checked, Qt is (L)GPL, so you only need a co... (by Enoizat)
by helios
Specialize struct for all enum types

I have a series of classes that look like this: template <typename WrappedT, size_t Size> class IntegerWrapper{/*...*/}; //----------------------------------...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, that did exactly what I needed. (by helios)
by Handge
Having 2 separate variables get values from one function

I have a question, Is it possible to have 2 variables be set to 2 variables that are returned in a function, Its hard to explain. So I have 2 variables, that I ...
[5 replies] Last: When I want to return two or more values from a function I usually cre... (by Lucian Valois)
Book

Which book is the best for beginners
[5 replies] Last: Stroustrup's organization of content in his book "The C++ Programming ... (by SSteven)
August 2017 Pages: 1... 6789
  Archived months: [jul2017] [sep2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.