General C++ Programming - August 2018

next step

Hi guys, so my question here is what next how do I start to actually learn how bigger and more useful applications are written,and I mean applications like ...
[1 reply] : [quote=adam2016]how do I start to actually learn how bigger and more u... (by Cubbi)
function pointers: trying to pass a function as an argument (1,2)

Hello, my program works ok when I pass to the function simpson all four parameters as doubles and ints, but because I need the last parameter to be passed as a ...
[25 replies] Last: [quote=aurimas13]I understand your given example - it's easy. It shoul... (by keskiverto)
Code Formatting - Need Help C++

Hey all I need some help. I am new and still learning. I have a curious question on code formatting: Should I put braces like this when there is a lot of code ...
[2 replies] Last: I assume this is not on the global scope (obviously, but the lack of s... (by poteto)
Couple std::vector Questions

Hello there! So I have two main questions regarding std::vector 1: Is there a non-copyable version of it? I'm not asking about a std::vector containing no...
[7 replies] Last: Have you thought about ignoring the issue and just making sure you use... (by poteto)
With what can I replace codecvt_utf8_utf16?

Since codecvt_utf8_utf16 and codecvt_utf16 are deprecated in C++17, what can we do to obtain the same functionality? Thanks!!
[2 replies] Last: std::codecvt_utf8_utf16 and std::codecvt_utf16 (and std::codecvt_utf8 ... (by Cubbi)
If "Template type" used as function's return value, how to instantiate it without via function parameter?

My question is about "Template type" is used as return value. Function template MakeRequest use template type as return value. In the function template, there...
[2 replies] Last: OK, Thanks. Due to the first question, I thought "InterfaceRequest<Int... (by LeeStar)
Memory allocation and deallocation

setMap(): This method receives the name of a text file that contains an ASCII map. The map will be a square, equal number of rows and columns. The first line ...
[8 replies] Last: Cool thanks kbw. Cubbi I'll look them up, thanks. (by parallx)
by ionic
program that find a defined macros in source files,count and print

The program which should take file names from windows command line. c:\mac_find main.cpp chars.h the output of the program should print information like 1)to...
[1 reply] : Please do not double post. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/241... (by Thomas1965)
C++: vectors: why i lose data?

i have 1 vector public inside of a class. after create a class, i create an instance\object. now i call the class function that add information on vector. on...
[7 replies] Last: i found the error: for(unsigned int i =0; i<strCompile.size(); i++) ... (by Cambalinho)
by Amaris
Performance in vector search

How can I enhance performance here? Assignment: Implement function countNumbers that accepts a sorted vector of unique integers and counts the number of v...
[7 replies] Last: Never said that upper_bound is the correct solution. Lower ... #incl... (by keskiverto)
by krisb
generating new variables

Is there a way to declare/create a variable after a program is executed is with a name that is obtained from data obtained after the program is executed? For e...
[4 replies] Last: can I refer to string fruit to name an int apple? no, you would hav... (by Jaybob66)
a program opening itself??

hi, so i want to make a "virus" prank on my friends(no other use, i promise), so i was thinking about making a direct download link and make them download a pro...
[8 replies] Last: I did this joke one time: In the birthday of one of my friends i did ... (by HealCode)
Help with Destructor for a 2D Array?

I have a class which has two 2D arrays (int ** M_Array and int** M_Temp). Everything works fine in except when running the destructor. I am aware that I should ...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks for the replies guys. I have decide to rewrite the pointers arr... (by tibrado)
by PonasM
Compiling to a standalone file without any library dependencies

Hey everyone. I tried googling it, but with no luck. I have written this small program with C++, and I am trying to make it standalone. I compile with g++ -std=...
[7 replies] Last: I solved my problem by reducing the number of libraries my code uses, ... (by PonasM)
by mo13
Need urgent help with this

so i posted this a little while back: Write a C++ program that implements a linked list as an abstract data type. The program must:  Be type flexible, that i...
[3 replies] Last: tisk tisk, I would've reported this for dupe threading. (by poteto)
Reverse keys in a Map

How can I reverse keys in a Map? For example: "Key 1" - "Value 1" "Key 2" - "Value 2" "Key 3" - "Value 3" To "Key 3" - "Value 1" "Key 2" - "Value 2"...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks! (by hassanAman)
With what can I replace std::unary_function?

unary_function has been removed in C++ 17. What can I replace it with?
[3 replies] Last: Thanks JLBorges, as usual!! (by JUAN DENT)
Power of 2

Hello,I'd just like some help figuring out how this code works. It was for an assignment where we just needed to make comments, and I already turned it in. Just...
[3 replies] Last: goodness! if it works at all, it does it the hard way. your functio... (by jonnin)
cryptography algorithm

i wrote encryption of cryptography algorithm can anyone write decryption ? algorithm a little looks like cezar cipher in encryption two parameters sum together ...
[2 replies] Last: new link in zip file https://files.fm/u/mr2j2ds3 (by farzinhj)
by Amaris
Correctness und Performance in Binary Tree Search

Can someone help me? I can't find the mistake. The assignment Im working on: Binary search tree (BST) is a binary tree where the value of each node is larger...
[3 replies] Last: are you asking theory stuffs? in theory a binary search tree is binary... (by jonnin)
August 2018 Pages: 123... 7
  Archived months: [jul2018] [sep2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.