General C++ Programming - August 2019

cannot print member variable from object

This code gave me "Process returned -1073741819 (0xC0000005) execution time : 2.583 s", why is that? There is nothing wrong with this code. #include <iostre...
[2 replies] Last: Better yet, initialize the collection with collection: Troll::Troll... (by keskiverto)
how create a compiler?

from the text, we need the tokens: the Lexic step: - numbers; - identifications; - operators; - keywords; - parentheses.... now we need line\instruction...
[17 replies] Last: using LLVM, can i use, too, win32 Yes, as long as you have the Win32... (by George P)
Array memory

How much memory does an integer array of size n use? Also, what exactly is memory complexity?
[10 replies] Last: both :) It was a high-school teacher, and we rushed it pretty hard. ... (by jonnin)
by ssr947
how to store data in struct from .txt file?

hi i have this data in .txt file Average Ant,204932,50,5,Short course:1 Brilliant Bison,234543,80,3,Bachelor of Bounciness:2,5,3 Consistent Canary,123456,60...
[7 replies] Last: I'm going to suggest something different. Rather than reading the name... (by dhayden)
Undefined reference to third party library functions in linking static library

I created my static library dependent on third party library (boost::filesystem etc) by using CMake (add_library(...)). When the library will be used and linked...
[4 replies] Last: A few things strike me on this question. First, filesystem became par... (by Niccolo)
Class Composition, Passing Objects - Error

I am learning and practicing on class and objects etc. I have practice making a Player class and Enemy class that hold their health and etc. 1) I get 2 erro...
[5 replies] Last: I do prefer @Albatross' answer here, to inherit from a "Combatant" bas... (by Niccolo)
Beginner - Understanding Windows API( )

Hey all, I have been learning basic c++ and sort of very new. I am trying to practice understanding windows api functions. Though reading MSDN on the functions ...
[10 replies] Last: Microsoft is already fading. The Windows 7 to 10 migration shows this... (by jonnin)
by stav
Specifying template parameter by name?

Hi, So I have a class template that has quite alot of template parameters, and all of them have default types. The problem im facing is that it becomes quite t...
[4 replies] Last: > i want to specify a different type of *one* of those template parame... (by JLBorges)
I need the old Service Pack 5

as always, microsoft does the best job wiping off outdated stuff from the web, I can't find visual c++ 6.0 service pack 5 that must be installed to use the SSE ...
[3 replies] Last: @Ganado Of course I did, they have removed the SSE support from the SP... (by fewdiefie)
I just started! :3

So i just started my course for python and it goes great and very fun, im interested in learning c++ or c so i can improve my skills into coding since im wantin...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys! :) well im sticking to python atm until i finish it and t... (by almog123x)
How to push characters of a string into a 2d vector

I have a string s = "if man was meant to stay on the ground god would have given us roots". I removed spaces and had "ifmanwasmeanttostayonthegroundgodwouldhav...
[2 replies] Last: Line 14 erases the entire string every time through your loops. Use ... (by George P)
where should I start with creating a GUI Framework?

I've used Qt and other GUI frameworks in the past, but I've always wanted to make my own as a project. can anyone recommend any reading on the subject?
[2 replies] Last: "can anyone recommend any reading on the subject?" The various texts ... (by Niccolo)
Linked-list question

Hi, everyone. I'm working on a linked-list program. Somehow the result wasn't complete. It's missing the last part, but I can't find the reason! Below is the s...
[1 reply] : Well if you want people to debug your code, you really need to find a ... (by salem c)
How to represent a diagonal elements of a matrix into 1-row vector

Hi, I would like to extract a diagonal element from matrix Z and put it in the form of 1-row vector in c++. I used this code and it works in my Visual Studio. U...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you. It is solved. (by nurulhudaismail)
by ssr947
how to read multiple text files in c++?

This is my code for one file: #include <fstream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main() { fstream file; string word0,word1,wor...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you Salem for your help. (by ssr947)
Web Programming using C++

How can I create a website using c++?. I've been given a task by a company. I never created an application using c++. I just want a headstart on how to go about...
[5 replies] Last: @ Niccolo tition ’s response was absolutely correct; he was talkin... (by Duthomhas)
GCC 9.2.0 CPP compiler

Anyone installed and compiling C++ programs using GCC 9.2.0 C++ compiler? If yes, is the following program compiles without errors? Is the include file ranges...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you all for your inputs. g++ 9.2.0 is giving compilation include... (by AlexCantor)
splitting input and render to several threads

I tried splitting input fetching and rendering to two threads. But this seems not as simple than I thought. There are still some questions about: How could I s...
[10 replies] Last: Yeah, I made simple stuff with SFML and got 100.000 fps without curbin... (by nuderobmonkey)
Class - Exercise Error

Hey been practicing exercises on online IDE called Repl.it I keep getting errors and don’t know what it is from or how to solve. Here is my link to the ...
[1 reply] : A couple of changes. people.h #pragma once #include <string> class... (by salem c)
Multi-Threading in Cpp

Hi Members, I am trying to learn multi-threading . Following code is for a linked list using multi-thread in cpp. Since std::thread needs a "pass by valu...
[7 replies] Last: @ Repeater , I understand that the code is far from being good , but ... (by NiharRNanda)
August 2019 Pages: 123... 6
  Archived months: [jul2019] [sep2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.