General C++ Programming - December 2012 (Page 2)

Havok Unresolved External Symbols

I am doing a project for an MSC games course for which we are using Havok and it is my job to integrate it :p. Included all the files we need to use, undefined ...
[1 reply] : <nolyc> Undefined reference is a linker error. It's not a compile err... (by ne555)
Static Key, Value

Hi I need to one static small Key,Value table that I can search based on Key,for example in function I get one Key, function returns mapped value. what solu...
[1 reply] : You can use std::map. Or you can use a sorted std::vector of pairs "ke... (by vlad from moscow)
Need help: Three-Room Vacuum World

Simulate the three uninformed search strategies (Breadth-First Search, Uniform-Cost Search, Iterative Deepening Search) for the following problem. There are th...
[no replies]
Jumble Word Game

I created a jumble word game, well I guess I should say I copied it from a tutorial in a book and then for practice I added a point tracker. It deducts points a...
[3 replies] Last: Oh okay! This makes sense. This way the program does not lose any valu... (by Hambone)
by AntiVi
Need help with really basic stuff painting on mouse hover

Hello World! (see what i did there?) I have been trying to make a model for a game main screen. (when you first open the game) I have a background (painted...
[no replies]
Abusing dynamic memory

Don't people understand that all the really need are references to instantiate and create objects if they aren't using polymorphism? I see it a lot in c++ code ...
[19 replies] Last: Still, you are not using a pointer. (by ne555)
srand

srand(time(null)); error cannot convert time to int
[5 replies] Last: time_t works with no cast will this have any effect on the seed No... (by pogrady)
by Alx101
OpenGL GLSL compilation problem

Hello! I am currently experiencing errors while trying to compile a GLSL shader, the problem is that i KNOW that the GLSL shader code is correct and working, ho...
[5 replies] Last: I fixed it. The problem was that i FORGOT to add this line before link... (by Alx101)
hashing table

how we can implement hash table and resolve the collision by address chaining. display what is complexity to add an object into table, search an object and dele...
[1 reply] : > display what is complexity to add an object into table, search an o... (by ne555)
Wrong value returns when the "coder-defined" anti_char() is used.

Hi, I have coded a small code which only allows numbers (if i just wanted digits, i would use isdigit()) as inputs. I needed this because my program used t...
[2 replies] Last: I have tried almost everything to solve this problem but not looking a... (by murdertrk)
by Ali93
Help Please-I don't know what's wrong

Hi guys I'm trying to solve a problem from website"UVa Online Judge" I sent my answer 4 times and it's still wrong Can any one help my please ? This i...
[8 replies] Last: Well, if I edit my code to remove the endl both before and after the s... (by ajh32)
Basic help in programming with matrix

Hi Need some help about symetric matrix calculation. Need some generic formula to calculate in particular order. -1 51 54 25 77 51 -1 44 70 96 54 4...
[8 replies] Last: Yes, I did, sorry I forgot to mention in the post edit: sorry I gave ... (by aktarjahan2003)
Recommend some books?? (1,2)

Hey, I'm new here and fairly new to programming :/ I want to invest in one or two C++ books, can anyone recommend some? I have little to no experience in progr...
[20 replies] Last: I have learned (and still learning) with the C How to Program - Deitel... (by murdertrk)
Gram-Schmidt matrix factorization

Hello ! I'm very beginner in numerical methods... I have the pseudo-code (look at image), but I don't know how intrepret this and how I can implement this ...
[5 replies] Last: It's an exercise for my college. I must parallelize the sequential Gra... (by Giewont)
2 Console windows sharing vairables

I would like to somehow have 2 console windows, with the same global varabiles. I would like it to be so that one could be "locked up" until the other "unlockes...
[4 replies] Last: If you feel up to it, you could use a network socket. That way you cou... (by strongdrink)
Function to repeat command every few secs.

Hi All, I need your support, my project in details that i made 2 Pcs talk to each others i made it but the problem is that the instructor want the function t...
[1 reply] : You may include windows.h and use the function Sleep(unsigned milis... (by Imadatobanisa)
Proper variable declaration using ADTs??

I would like to know the proper way of declaring variables that are relative to a class (file) using ADTs. I'm working on a small project which involves a good ...
[4 replies] Last: > a good read for the do's and dont's when working with ADTs AND class... (by JLBorges)
Classes Error How do i get this program to start

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <math.h> #include <fstream> using namespace std; class Details { public: Details(); s...
[4 replies] Last: It is not a pointer. It is reference to a class object. Changing it in... (by vlad from moscow)
Pointer Alignment

Most operating systems theses days return aligned pointers to dynamically allocated blocks of memory. However, this isn't always the case. So recently, I went a...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks, Cubbi & JLBorges :) Appreciated. Wazzak ... (by closed account zb0S216C)
need your advice

hi ,i am from algeria i ve been learning C++ on my own for a while (books mainly) But my major in college is "system control engineering" i'm preparing my ma...
[2 replies] Last: 1.what are my chances of making a software and sell it online? It all... (by helios)
December 2012 Pages: 1234... 43
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.