General C++ Programming - December 2012 (Page 39)

Help please

i have to Write a program that reads a student's name, together with his or her test scores for at most 50 students from a file, provided by users of your progr...
[no replies]
Node Project Tutorial

Hello, I'm trying to create a Form in Visual Studio to add/delete nodes at will, creating the head nodes, inserting the nodes in front and deleting them, and cl...
[no replies]
War Card Game

Hello, I am asking for some help, guidance, and advice on a project I am doing for C++. The project I am working on is completing the simple card game of war...
[no replies]
Basic variable assignment question

Hello, I have a very basic question that I don't understand why. For following code: const int n=4; double inis=1/n; I thought the value of inis s...
[3 replies] Last: OK I get it! Thank you for your explanation! (by dekeenfrance)
Copy string &reference to int array[]

I am trying to copy the mem address using &sentenceAlias for the current location. memoryBlock is an int and sentenceAlias is a string. When I use the l...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! (by rkstengel)
necessary help

please help me fixing errors #include<iostream> include<string> using namespace std; #ifndef MACHINE_H #define MACHINE_H class Machine{ friend o...
[1 reply] : missing "#" in line 2 for the rest edit your post and wrap it in code... (by Darkmaster)
by hjia
use c++ to implement SVD algorithm

I want to use c++ to implement SVD(Singular value decomposition ),any one could help me?
[1 reply] : http://opencv.willowgarage.com/documentation/cpp/operations_on_arrays.... (by Darkmaster)
error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct Foo'

I've been looking at this error for a while and I can´t see where it fails. These are the errors I get: C:\Users\Héctor\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Proje...
[15 replies] Last: Thanks!! Its works! I put the libraries in the files where used and no... (by ShotoReapre)
SDL Hit Detection S.O.S Please

Hi guys, having some some issues with hit detections and I need a 2D gaming expert. Here's the check collision function: bool check_collision(SDL_Rect rec...
[3 replies] Last: @MikeyBoy What I mean is that each if statement in the function voi... (by toomanystars)
by LB
clang++ and std::wcin - compiles, doesn't link

#include <iostream> #include <limits> int main() { std::wcin.ignore(std::numeric_limits<std::streamsize>::max(), L'\n'); } >clang++ -std=c++11 -o test.exe ...
[4 replies] Last: Looks like a mingw-specific problem. That program works on my Linux bo... (by Cubbi)
how to traverse a graph?

hi im trying to make a program that will get a graph inputed from the the user and then checks if it has a cycle. i have written the program but for some reason...
[no replies]
by Dukats
Standard deviation problem

Hey. I'm trying to write a program that calculates the standard deviation. Visual basic doesn't give me any errors, but I think that the result is wrong. Can a...
[2 replies] Last: I don't believe this works. You need to return the sqrt of the varian... (by tkildare)
by doon
decimal (1,2)

#include <iostream> using namespace std; void decimal2Base(int num, int base, char *result, int offset = 0); void decimal2Base(int num, int base, char...
[22 replies] Last: The comments pretty much say it all? It's a really cumbersome way to r... (by coder777)
by Alam
Taking input......

I want to take input in c++ the no.# of car in which alphabets and numbers both are included I don't remember how to do that plzzzzzzzzzzzz guide me.... For ...
[2 replies] Last: Hey thanxx so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (by Alam)
by Dukats
Whats wrong with my code?

Hey. I'm getting some erros i can't understand Code: #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> #include <cmath> usin...
[4 replies] Last: It's the .NET string It's the CLI extension 'garbage collector poi... (by MikeyBoy)
by xirurg
Connect 4 minimax game problem

Hi, I am trying to write a connect 4 game by trying to improve on tic tac toe algoritm from the book. My game however does not respond to my moves in any sensib...
[5 replies] Last: read that article like 20 times. by the looks of it I do everything co... (by xirurg)
by gghf
Parsing code please help

Firstly, this is my assignment: Parsing is the act of converting a sequence of characters into a regular program data value. In this exercise you will write a...
[3 replies] Last: So far I am just trying to make the switch statement and need to know... (by Darkmaster)
by BasV
Subclass with specific method argument

Hi everyone, I have an abstract class looking like this: class MyAbstractClass { virtual int getFitness(Gene gene) = NULL; }; This class is used ...
[8 replies] Last: ^ However MyFitnessClass foo; foo.getFiness( Gene_A() ); //compiles, ... (by ne555)
by gghf
help on how to terminate a program

Hi so I am doing this project on parsing numbers which has to do with ignoring certain things like , and . in a list of numbers. and our teacher wants the progr...
[2 replies] Last: you could use a while loop, in that while loop you put the switch case... (by Darkmaster)
by vasimr
Static Library vs. Linking Question

Hello, Lets say that there is a large project that can be segmented into "modules". Is there any known performance gain between compiling the modules into s...
[5 replies] Last: The project is implemented in a way that changing one of the cpp file... (by helios)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 3738394041... 43
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.