General C++ Programming - December 2012 (Page 4)

Computer guess my number

I know this has popped in other areas on this site but please bare with me. I just started programming in c++ earlier this week and I am working my way through ...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks alot!! Alot of the things you mentioned I have not come across... (by Hambone)
Bank Automatic Teller Machine (ATM)

Urgent please.. Project Description:- • This project is a software that runs on an ATM of a bank. • It asks the client if he is a new client or already...
[5 replies] Last: Okay, well, that's a bit limited. What i would really recommend for ... (by Thumper)
by Denver
Its Got Linker Errors!

I am just new to c++ prog but i did this as my project with help the problem i am having is a linker error so if anyone could solve it it would help THANKS ...
[7 replies] Last: When adding a new function yu have three seperate and very important s... (by martianxx)
DirectShow TIMER

Im coding a music player and I want the timer to stop when the music stops. I got a static text with the lenght of the song. (the static text shows the positi...
[2 replies] Last: bump? (by terryeverlast)
hi pleas help me with this my cplusplus functions

hi people i am very happy to talk here once again, i have a problem i want you to help me with. i have been trying to seperate the main function from my own fu...
[2 replies] Last: I agree with Need4Sleep, your formatting of code makes it really hard ... (by martianxx)
Help my Computer Tic Tac toe is not working.

// Computer Tic tac toe, // Include the iostream library #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <ctime> // Using the standard namespace using...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks again FredFlinstone! (by TananTanTananTanToink)
Strange non-error (What DOES it do?)

I have been playing with some code generation and I ran across something that would seem like it should rais a compile error but it doesn't. However, it does no...
[3 replies] Last: http://yosefk.com/c++fqa/ctors.html#fqa-10.2 (by Catfish3)
Uint32 Flags?

Sorry I couldn't think of a better title, but hopefully you'll understand. I've worked with the SDL library for quite some time and whenever you have to set the...
[4 replies] Last: Yeah, I told you in case you wanted to do your enumeration. Almost eve... (by S G H)
Shortening the code

I have 9 pushbuttons with the same onclick event: void MainWindow::on_pushButton_8_clicked() { podesi(ui->pushButton_8,8); } Dose anyone know how h...
[7 replies] Last: Conecting each object seperatedly, I don't think that would help eithe... (by zoran404)
by rdate
Help needed for file operations with string and ints!

I have outfile generated in txt format. as follows.. 1 2-22 4 ATTTCTTATGGCATTTGTTC . . . . . ... XXX Now I wanted to read this file line by line. use charac...
[no replies]
by Dyana
display and insert an element into an array

I have a problem with my c++ program. I have to insert and delete an element from an array. The two functions work if they are in two separate programs. If I pu...
[1 reply] : There are many problems with this code. First of all, the global varia... (by KRAkatau)
function arguments and returning, how to set my code out!

Hi all! I have a struct that i want to return from a function, but i think it is a bit inefficient to return a really big struct, so i want to return its poi...
[6 replies] Last: int loadFont ( char* fileName, font *f ) { //Blah blah load struct ... (by kev82)
by werlay
searching problem (help needed asap) (1,2,3,4,5)

i need to search through a .dat file for the positions of a string but my code only reads the first line. the content of my file is below. GETGGGGGGGGGATGGGG...
[80 replies] Last: @JLB thanks alot i got it (by werlay)
Why overloading operator= return reference?

class Test { public: int a; Test() : a(0) {} Test(int x) : a(x) {} Test& operator=(const Test& rhs) { if(this == &rhs) return *this; ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot, vlad from moscow , you helped me a lot!!!!!... (by ylxin1993)
by dumb0t
c++ allow gets but not sets

i was wondering if i theres a way to make a bunch of variables and only the class functions can change the values. And whoever wants to access it from outside t...
[4 replies] Last: i havent tested it yet though but im sure the nValue and fValue will w... (by dumb0t)
Templated iterator functions

I've been trying to make a range-based function for a statistics library, but I'm having trouble making it a true template function. This works (if I insert ...
[4 replies] Last: I wanted to do mean, median, mode, standard deviation, min, max, vari... (by Cubbi)
HELP!!!arrays and sorting

You are to create an application which stores information about people, along with a ‘task list’. The application’s functionality can be described as foll...
[3 replies] Last: anyway first things first for me. How should I be storing this informa... (by faieq92)
Matrices using templates

I have to make a program in which I have to make matrices using class and templates in which user can give us the number of both rays and colums and we have t...
[1 reply] : You shouldn't have to use pointers for anything in this task. What ki... (by Cubbi)
Segment faul when calling a method

Hi, I'm new to this forum and i have a problem in C++. The code is not very long but i feel that the easiest way to show you the bug is by adding the codeblock...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you, really. I've removed the castings and made the sizes unsign... (by matitou)
c.str(), a concatenated string, and ofstream

string person; string message; string date = "11/23/12"; string time = "11:45 PM"; cout << "Who would you like to send a message to?"; getline(cin, perso...
[4 replies] Last: >Beware what "date" or "time" strings contains, a slash or drive separ... (by kind3rgarten)
December 2012 Pages: 123456... 43
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.