General C++ Programming - December 2012 (Page 40)

Help with Turing Machine Sim?

Hello, This is my second semester taking c++ and one of our final projects is to make a Turing Machine Simulator in C++ but I need help with some things which r...
[no replies]
need help with functions

what im trying to do is have the person enter in a word and only display 5 of the letters of the word vertically with the usage of two functions, but im not get...
[1 reply] : Line 20 is not legal C++, you must supply a size when you declare the ... (by cire)
Binary Search Tree

I'm working on a BST that will hold an instance of a class called Employees. My Search Tree is displaying no errors, but I'm getting quite a few from my main an...
[13 replies] Last: You're welcome for the help. It's better for me than watching T.V. LO... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
CODE HELP!!

qq
[10 replies] Last: thankk youuu !! i fixed everything you pointed out but its still not w... (by hessaalj)
Small issue need help

I am trying to get a simple program to work but keep getting a LNK1561 error. What am i doing wrong here. The main code < #include <iostream> #include <fstream...
[4 replies] Last: main code #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include "average.... (by EGoodman)
Reading from a text file

Write a program that reads students' names followed by their test scores. the program should output each student's name followed by the test scores and the rel...
[no replies]
What is wrong with my code?

I've been working on this assignment for my programming class, but my last module is giving me issues. My brain is a bit fried and I just don't see whats wrong....
[2 replies] Last: Yes!! Thank you! I got it working. I ended up just merging the last 2 ... (by SpanishViking13)
by bushi
why is it not working ?

i dont know wht is wrong with my view function no error showing but when i m going to the view function option it does not show my detail but it goes to the mai...
[3 replies] Last: Also: bool found=true; You want to set found to false, otherwise it ... (by Vlykarye)
by paetim
Odometer Functions

can someone walk me through the steps to create this: Create a program that uses a class called Odometer to calculate the gallons left in a cars tank after a ...
[2 replies] Last: Write down on a piece of paper what the data members are. Determine ... (by pogrady)
Help with Access violation reading location.

Hello dear all c++ experts, I have headache and big problem, since I MUST submit my thesis code by coming week and I have some problems in its debugging. In a l...
[1 reply] : x and/or y are null pointers when passed to chromcpy(). (by helios)
by bushi
my view function is not working properly

hye guyz i really need ur helppp..!! i have made this view function no error showing but when i go to view function it does not let me view my details it direct...
[no replies]
by paetim
Reversing Functions

My Assignment: Create a program that will ask the user for a string and then pass the string to a function that would reverse it. The input string should be ...
[4 replies] Last: Can someone put it all together, so I know what it looks like (by paetim)
by Dukats
Why do I get these errors?

Hey, having some trouble with my Visual studio. See the errors in the errorlist. Why do I get those errors? Have done other programs exactly(well probably not ...
[4 replies] Last: ¿how so? error: no match for `operator<<' in `std::cin << choosenNu... (by ne555)
problem clearing the buffer

I don't understand why temp name is making itself back to "" after tempScore and tempName aren't being assigned correctly either. I am trying to read scores fro...
[1 reply] : Also, sometimes i feel like it reads past info that i've gotten score... (by ne555)
Help for programming

hey guys im very new to programming and i have this program which i do not understand at all. i would appreciate if some1 could help me with it. I have the skel...
[1 reply] : University of Waterloo Electrical and Computer Engineering Department.... (by b laden)
by m1m6
problem in insert function singly linked list

hello :) can any one tell is there any problem in the following code void LED::insert(char elm ,int SIZE) { nodeptr add=NULL; nodeptr newptr=new n...
[6 replies] Last: thaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks :) it's work god bless u :) (by m1m6)
Editing a specific part of a line within a text file

Hi all, Alright, so I'm working on a project where I need to make an HR program to read a manager and it's employees. You know the whole login, edit info, d...
[2 replies] Last: That was pretty much what I did to read the file to add/delete/view th... (by closed account 426pfSEw)
Assistance with classes and functions.

Hi, I am having a very difficult time with this. Yes, it's an assignment but I can't wrap my head around it. It compiles just fine, but the numbers are off. ...
[6 replies] Last: Stewbond, Again, thank you very much for your help! A few tweaks fro... (by newB c PlusPlusGuy)
Overloading non-std operators

The comparison operator ( == ) is pretty useless when comparing doubles due to floating point errors. I can use a function: bool almost_equal(double a, doubl...
[2 replies] Last: Too bad. I'll stick with conventional functions. (by Stewbond)
by harsha
SIGABRT error

What could be the line that can cause SIGABRT error in this prog??? #include<iostream> #include<stdlib.h> using namespace std; int main() { long int ...
[5 replies] Last: @moschops, well the program gets crashed when the value of n>10^7 Th... (by Moschops)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 383940414243
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.