General C++ Programming - December 2012 (Page 5)

Need help with opengl moving ball c++

Basically I placed my textures and everything on the window and now I want my sphere or the ball to move left or right, I have the special key code, etc but for...
[3 replies] Last: Anybody? It's been a week and I still haven't solved this problem i a... (by Tezelia)
Global variables! Where do i use them

I understand the concept of global variables and how to create one, but the programmers philosophy that has been passed around that globals are evil and make on...
[4 replies] Last: softwaretime: Thank you for your effort, but you didnt answer the ques... (by SuperStinger)
by xzbit
about dll dependency

Hi, i have a project that has msvcr90.dll dependency. is there a way that i can embed msvcr90.dll in my exe without compiling it as /MT ? or maybe invoke...
[2 replies] Last: Why are you not willing to compile with /MT ? Is there any particular ... (by modoran)
Got confused with const_cast

Sample_Program-1 #include<iostream> using namespace std ; int main(){ const int i = 9; int *j = const_cast<int*>(&i); //Ok int *j = const_cast<int...
[3 replies] Last: const_cast works only for pointers and reference That pretty much su... (by Cubbi)
Help my tic tac toe codes aren't working

//Tic tac toe, by penis // Include the iostream library #include <iostream> #include <string> // Using the standard namespace using namespace std...
[6 replies] Last: FredFlinstone Im really really thank you! i didn't know that (by TananTanTananTanToink)
Qt linking

So I made a simple qt app and it runed fine when it compiled it, but when I dbclicked executable file it said it can't run because it can't find libgcc_s_dw2-1....
[9 replies] Last: Yes, but that requires that Qt itself to be compiled the same way. ... (by modoran)
by caplin
how to test points inside/outside the polygon(homework)

i have a list a test point(x,y coordinate), and i store them into array(testpt & testpt ) how can i test those points are inside the polygon or not? I sea...
[3 replies] Last: > i try to write the code but there are some special cases Let us hav... (by JLBorges)
by Tazzy
C++ Problem (1,2)

Hello people I have only a little problem with this task. I think I have solved the rask right but I am not sure perhaps all experts here can help me: Task: ...
[25 replies] Last: HAs somebody an idea? (by Tazzy)
Parsing string -> value

Hello everybody... I'm now making a group of code which can allow the parser to read the value inside the bracket [...] I have no idea, but to make it properl...
[4 replies] Last: Wow my idea... Here is my solution : The find function now is modified... (by Imadatobanisa)
by vidhem
Binary file handling

I m working on a small library management project (console) which has binary file i/o. When i save a structure to a file (.bin) and try 2 read it -> it works...
[4 replies] Last: Ohh!! My bad... i declared tempBook as pointer... i m nw using tem... (by vidhem)
modify a function and call it in the main function

I want to implement the border tracing algorithm
[1 reply] : Your URLs aren't complete, but yes we can help: Take a look at this t... (by Stewbond)
by Octav
Dynamic memory pointer instance used as function paramater?

Let's say I have a class pointer which I use for dynamic memory somewhere in a header file. gameState *Gamestate = new gameState; And I want to use that i...
[10 replies] Last: I Found the problem, you were right, I did have the setGamestate funct... (by Octav)
Like ACM web-cite

Hello guys do you guys know some good web cite like ACM? (ACM is not allow to see other people's code so i want some web cite allowing it) thank you...
[no replies]
Binary files

Can someone explain to me what is the difference in using binary and text files? I mean I already know how to use text files, but what is different when I use b...
[1 reply] : Here's a good article on binary files: http://www.cplusplus.com/articl... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
Functions to add, subtract and multiply

I'm a beginner with C program, I'm confused when it comes up to functions I tried to understand all the basics but still I couldn't get it. I spent 2 hours...
[15 replies] Last: You declared mulTwoNumbers , and then defined multiplyTwoNumbers . ... (by htirwin)
Needed solved errors

Hai the following program is executed some errors are display. Kindly solve this #include<iostream.h> Class A { private: int a1; public: int a2; pro...
[9 replies] Last: Oh.. I see that now. Sorry, I just didn't see that before. Well, thank... (by jumper007)
Open Source vs Closed Source

I have been thinking about open and closed source and which is best for making a program. I know that this depends on what sort of program it is, so if I was do...
[2 replies] Last: If you want to give your software away for free, make it open source. ... (by closed account 1yR4jE8b)
Array Help

I was wondering if there was a way to transfer the values of an array created in a function to an array in a different area of the program. I know this probably...
[5 replies] Last: If you could use vectors or at least the C++ arrays cire mentioned, it... (by Cubbi)
programming speed question

Hello guys these days im big concerning about the speed issue this is my code #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(){ int a=0; ...
[2 replies] Last: Or sync_with_stdio(false) By the way, you are doing if( condition ... (by ne555)
Need ideas

I have started to train for the school exams, and I came across this one specific problem. I have no idea how to start solving it. Any help or ideas are highly ...
[3 replies] Last: You'll need some modulo background (a+b) mod m = (a mod m + b mod m) ... (by ne555)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 34567... 43
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.