General C++ Programming - December 2012 (Page 6)

by remmus
Pointer troubles

Hello.I'm not very sure with pointers defining.... A pointer,normally,is defined this way: type var=...; type *p; p=&var Right? But i saw so...
[1 reply] : This code type var=...; type *p; p=&var; in fact is equivalent t... (by vlad from moscow)
by hblue
loop for reading each file

hi.I'm facing a problem with how to make a code which reads the account number and password for each user ..... each user has his own file created when he regi...
[4 replies] Last: samuel Adams ....firstly thanks for your response ..and thanks for al... (by hblue)
Solitaire Card Games help...

Hi to all....Can some one help me out to make this project plz.... Help needed in urgent plz anyone..... Solitaire-like card games You may u...
[12 replies] Last: well in both linux and windows there is a function to get CPU ticks, ... (by closed account zwA4jE8b)
Help with save-and-load text files

Hi! I'm a new member to this forum :) I recently started learning fstream in C++ and I have a question. How do you make it such that the user cannot edit or vi...
[4 replies] Last: well editing is going to be unavoidable what you need to do is encrypt... (by lesshardtofind)
Incompatible types in assignment

Hi guys, i am newbie in c++, i received an error which is indicated in the title of this thread, can someone help me? Thanks here is my code <code> #...
[3 replies] Last: You may not perform assignments of arrays. So this code yearname = "F... (by vlad from moscow)
notepad ++

Hi, is there anyone here knows how to configure notepad ++ for php, so that it can show the multicolor in php syntax
[4 replies] Last: Notepad++ is just a text editor. Not a compiler. You choose the progra... (by jumper007)
Receive USB signals \ custom USB driver

Hello all this is my first thread on this forum, I am wanting to plug in a USB device (Xbox 360 controller, 2nd keyboard and 2nd mouse) and to receive the signa...
[6 replies] Last: You need to write and register your own device driver for that which i... (by modoran)
by Smac89
Filling struct arrays

Say I declare a struct with one of it's parameters as an array of numbers: struct Year { int *pattern; }; When I want to fill it with values in mai...
[3 replies] Last: It's possible, but not particularly useful. struct Year { int* pat... (by Cubbi)
Classes, and Header declared void error

Getting three errors, two telling me I declared SetName and SetAge as void, and one telling me that my display() function is not a member function, and i cant f...
[14 replies] Last: @TIM Well, the getters could still be useful if you need the values fr... (by Raezzor)
by mahta
Unhandled exception

I wrote a code and it gives an Unhandled exception error in the line if(fullHouse==k) in the code below: #ifndef DECODEDBLOCK_H #define DECODEDBLOCK_H ...
[no replies]
by dumb0t
c++ header functions

can someone give me an example of a header file and its cpp file with multiple functions and classes on the header? Can we initialize header functions on diffe...
[6 replies] Last: oh cool, i have no idea what was template awhile ago but now that i go... (by dumb0t)
PROJECT IDEA!

Hi guys, I am an undergrad still and was wondering if you guys had any ideas about projects i can take on and show to companies as part of my resume. is the...
[4 replies] Last: In my company, we don't look at projects based on how closely related ... (by vince1027)
C++11 Enum class as vector / hashmap keys

Hi there everyone, I've been reading around regarding the strongly typed enums in C++11. Peter87 had a similar problem to what I'm facing in this topic: htt...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks very much for that JLBorges, that does seem like a clean way to... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by mahta
error LNK2019

help me with the error below, I do not know where to find the symbol which causes this error. Error 16 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cde...
[4 replies] Last: thank you very much (by mahta)
Reference with constant modifier

double & val = 66.6; //illegal const double & val = 66.6; //legal I was just doing some demo programs and came through the above concept but not able to...
[13 replies] Last: As you said in your post , since 66.6 is a constant (not a variable )... (by cire)
need c++

i need the latest version or edition of c++ (turbo c++) links plz....
[4 replies] Last: oki.....can u tell me how to pass a charater type variable to outtext(... (by idrees121)
list all the symbols in shared library

Hi All, I want to know how to list the all the symbols in the shared library(dll or .so file). I dont want commands like nm or objdump. I want to get the lis...
[no replies]
Masking password input

Masking password input Unix/Linux Example 1 #include <termios.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> #include <string> using ...
[no replies]
by appy96
A part of the output is wrong.....

I just tried a new program with a fixed no. of columns.I'm getting a few This is a prog to create a DBMS with a fixed max no of columns. problems with outp...
[no replies]
How do I check if a template type is a template itself?

Good Afternoon, Is it possible to perform a check on a template type to determine if it is a template itself? I was looking for something like is_template in...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you - that worked perfectly, Merry Christmas! :-) (by Philip Lee Bridson)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 45678... 43
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.