General C++ Programming - December 2013 (Page 2)

2D side scroll game: Background is not working right.

Hey guys, I am working on a 2D side scroller game. Where a ball is moving continuously towards right . I used a camera to follow the ball as soon as ball re...
[3 replies] Last: Ok I believe I understand what you are saying now. Basically the line ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Function pointer (callback)

Hi, A short summary --------------------- How to create a function (F), which takes any arbitrary function (callback), with any arbitrary (number and type) pa...
[16 replies] Last: That solves the problem. Thanks everyone and a special thanks to JLBor... (by knightrider007)
C++ HELP Class Error!!!

//Look below and there is an error please help #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> #include <ctime> #include <cstdlib> using nam...
[2 replies] Last: sorry i didn't know about the tags. I'm new. But anyway thanks for the... (by TrentIsDino)
strcmp function in c++ help

Hello, I am having a slight issue with the strcmp function. I am comparing string data from two different files. I want the function to output a set of informat...
[6 replies] Last: thank you to all that responded. I figured out the program. (by ComputerPro21)
by saim98
Fingerprint Scanner API

Hello Friends I want to use a fingerprint scanner with C++ and i need help please tell me about the API and link of fingerprint scanner with API.........
[3 replies] Last: Thanks friends i got the api with scanner but there are a lot of error... (by saim98)
static constant value vs static constant function

Dear all, I would like to ask if anyone knows the difference between: 1. declaring a static constant value inside a class 2. declaring a static function ...
[1 reply] : Look at std::numeric_limits: it has both static member constants (is_s... (by Cubbi)
[win32api] Resizing HBITMAP with StretchBlt gives black bitmap

nvm I fixed this somehow
[no replies]
Why prev of iterator does work on via mac gcc

I tried to use prev for map after checking out http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/iterator/prev/ But there's one error "test2.cpp:13: error: ‘prev’ was ...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you Catfish, It's insightful, from "man gcc", confirmed what you... (by Cheney Chen)
istream memory usage

How big does an stream object's buffer get? Is there a limit? In terms of there being multiple instances of the same stream, would each stream read from a fil...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. (by IWishIKnew)
Sorting an array using recursion

Hi! I am having some problems figuring out what is wrong with my code here. I need to sort an array of n given elements using recursion. What am i doing wrong h...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by antirsi96)
kindly help me in this program it is not get the output from file contents pls pls

#include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<string.h> #include<fstream.h> #include<graphics.h> void input(); void output (); str...
[1 reply] : Please enclose your code within code blocks. (by ajh32)
Sudoku C++

unsure of how to create a code to create a sudoku puzzle using C++ compiler,any suggestions of algorithms or codes would be welcome, thank you
[1 reply] : You can use the "Dancing Links" algorithm by Donald Knuth see: http... (by ajh32)
by Garnik
Include library

I Downloaded one VS 2010 C++ project which have openCV and Qt library in his solution folder and in Additional Include Directories added neccessary librarys for...
[no replies]
by LB
gcc: How to fully ignore warnings from libraries

I know I can use -isystem path to mark a path as containing system headers which shouldn't be included when generating warnings, and this works, but it doesn'...
[13 replies] Last: > I think there is something wrong with my environment because I get a... (by JLBorges)
Bug in the tutorial?

I'm learning C++ by following the tutorials and testing the code in MS Visual Studio 2013. The following codes that are at the end of the Classes (I) section ha...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you NT3 it worked! :) This makes sense too. (by piplusplus)
adding char array with macro

The book uses this example: #define ALLOCSIZE 10000 /* size of available space */ static char allocbuf ; /* storage for alloc */ static char *allocp = all...
[5 replies] Last: In case of char, as in the given example allocbuff + ALLOCSIZE can bec... (by Velu)
private copy of the pointer

In below example, we pass character array to strlen. Now what is actually passed is a reference to the first element of the array, and so we use a pointer in ou...
[3 replies] Last: Isn't that the whole point of using pointers in function arguments - ... (by cire)
random value at random time

my motive is to get random variable at every start of program.so it does not show same sequence when it run again and again int main() { srand( tim...
[5 replies] Last: Heh, I don't believe there is suppose to be a g in front of that comma... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
File confusion

I have a fairly big (for me) text rpg that I am making, and I want to let the player save and load their progress. I have a save function which creates a file a...
[7 replies] Last: Muchas gracias! (by TsarLenin)
How to Setup VOCE (Voice Recognition API) C++

All day long I tried figuring out how to setup VOCE (http://voce.sourceforge.net). I am using VS 2010. What I did: * Downloaded JDK * Downloaded the V...
[3 replies] Last: I'm not sure of how much help I will be. I've never worked with the JN... (by xismn)
December 2013 Pages: 1234... 37
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.