General C++ Programming - December 2014

Getting data and reporting errors

Kind of a novice but please bare with me :) At this stage I will obtain Dimensions A, B & C. But after this before I do the pythagoras equation using the dat...
[15 replies] Last: Finally :) Thank you for all your help! Have a Happy New Year aswell! (by BKR1888)
Getting a point rotation or normal from 4 vectors

Hello, I'm trying to get a rotation of a spefic point in a 3D space using 3 or 4 coordinate/vector. For example, I want to know the rotation of (5,5,5) ...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, I am guessing you want to work out the centroid of your 3 or more... (by TheIdeasMan)
Difference between directx9 and 11

I am starting an online course that covers game making in c++ and directx 9. It is a very dated course. I am hoping to come out of the course and learn a few ne...
[2 replies] Last: They're completely different. There is no use for D3D9 anymore. Learn ... (by Avilius)
Subtracting pixel values from two different bmp files

I would like to subtract one image from another to get something like "differential picture" (i am not sure whether the name is correct). I've managed to read t...
[4 replies] Last: Doesn't seem to like casting the address of a char* to a char*, try re... (by naraku9333)
VGA CRTC Address wrap effect?

How does the VGA wrap addresses in word address mode? I'm using this during all VRAM accesses by the CPU (not the renderer) of my VGA: static OPTINLINE uint...
[no replies]
by Shae
OpenCV on DEV-C++ 5.8.3 not working

I've Added OpenCV as a new compiler and tried some of the sampel programs that were in the sampels file of OpenCV . Some of them worked but most had a warning m...
[no replies]
[C++/SDL2] Tile Based Collision Detection

Hi guys I've posted this question some time ago but couldn't solve it up until now... (Old Topic: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/144884/) I've just...
[13 replies] Last: Hi poteto Thanks for the variety of your tips! You are right, I have... (by HalfNOoB)
header file

hello every1 i am new here...and i want to know about dunctions in windows.h header file... i know some of it...like sleep() beep() etc plz provide me a c...
[2 replies] Last: i need its functions.... (by rabi ansari)
by junhan
Displaying max min ave temperature

I am given two month's data (Max, Min, Ave) for every day in that month. The task is to display all 3 of that data for any selected day in that 2 months. an...
[3 replies] Last: That's your job. Follow the steps I wrote above and when you get stuck... (by benbalach)
Floating-Point Question.

The following is taken from one of my textbooks: C++ requirements for significant digits amount to float being at least 32 bits, double being at least 48 b...
[2 replies] Last: The incomplete answer (in reverse) is: For single precision, the mant... (by ShodanHo)
rvalue references

Can someone explain to me in depth what rvalue references are? How are they useful? What are temporary objects?
[1 reply] : > Can someone explain to me in depth what rvalue references are? > Ho... (by JLBorges)
tilting a 2d background?

Ok, I hope I explain this right, but basically what I want to do is tilt the background image on the Z axis. I'm probably not using the right terms to search fo...
[no replies]
Getting current date and time in C++

Hi guys i am doing a school project. The project basically is that it records the in and out time of an employee(of an particular company).The employee while...
[1 reply] : // http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/ctime/strftime/ // strftime exa... (by anup30)
Man vs Zombies and Holes

Hi, I'm in the middle of writing a basic assignment to move a man (M) around a given island. I have defined the island or a set size but cannot get him to...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. I'll try to rework this with your ideas. I do like the i... (by lynchase)
Looping through template objects in map

can some one help me to get this code working template <typename T> class Dummy { // Implementation }; template <typename T> class SomeClass { Private: ...
[4 replies] Last: That is rather obvious. The type of first_prop is some_obj<short>* a... (by keskiverto)
by IRushR
stoi() in Code::Blocks 13.12 MinGW/GCC (4.8.1)

Hy guys, Here is my code. #include <iostream> #include <string> int main() { string testnumber = "10"; int myInt = stoi(testnumber); cout << myIn...
[8 replies] Last: Odd report... anyways... complimentary post about my favorite librar... (by NoXzema)
Server(memory heap?) - SFML & cppdb

So, I'm making a game using SFML and cppdb( http://cppcms.com/sql/cppdb/ - I use it in server code ). I have 2 C++ projects. One is for server, and one is for c...
[8 replies] Last: Heh, I just fixed it!!! Thought, I didn't run it in debugger. I always... (by closed account 3q9hb7Xj)
Making Email Servers?

If I wanted to learn about how to create an email server from scratch using C++ where would I go online. I am probably in way over my head but I figured I would...
[4 replies] Last: Awesome, thanks! (by closed account 2hfG1hU5)
Small problem with including a library

Using CodeBlocks. I've added the path to the library files in 'search directories' in 'linker' tab. E:\Data\Comp\Library\SDL2-2.0.3\lib\x86 I also added t...
[3 replies] Last: removing .lib worked. tnx -lmingw32 isn't necessary I think. I'm using... (by zoran404)
Weird crash with dynamic structure

Hello I create some code that assign values to a dynamic memory structure. I'm not sure why one code works and the other crashes when it assigns a value. W...
[6 replies] Last: I will look again. This morning I uncommented the lines that was a pro... (by vivienneanthony)
December 2014 Pages: 123... 31
  Archived months: [nov2014] [jan2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.