General C++ Programming - December 2017 (Page 3)

by dbag
Access violation reading location 0x00701000

I am a C# developer by trade who has recently taken a job in C++ and I am trying to spin up. I have been reading the book a Tour around C++ and trying to test o...
[12 replies] Last: Do you know by chance if they are any books that help .NET developers... (by Repeater)
Why is compiling with <regex> header slower than average?

I'm using g++ (GCC) 7.2.1 20171128 compiler on a GNU/Linux system, and I've noticed that compiling a simple file with <regex> header included takes noticably lo...
[no replies]
by dbag
Template Class Won't Compile Once Method is Called

I am new to C++ and trying to implement a basic template class. I am using Visual Studio 2013 for reference. I can create the class, members and methods without...
[2 replies] Last: So that fixed the issue. I deleted the .cpp file and simply implemente... (by dbag)
Help Bool Accepts int* as well until a bool function is overridden why is it so ?

I have a code as below.. 1 #include <iostream> 2 #include <stdio.h> 3 4 void balaji(void *x, bool y) 5 { 6 printf("Balaji in BOOL %d \n", ...
[1 reply] : > when I override overload balaji() with a new function balaji(voi... (by JLBorges)
Methods without class

In our project I came across with a source file where there was a method that had no class. That method is called once directly from class A, and nowhere else. ...
[4 replies] Last: For the question of why a function is only being used once, or why hav... (by Ganado)
by H00G0
Game Idea, recommendations

Hey people! So I've had an idea for a game for a while now, while I'm learning C++. I think I can get around with pretty much the “basics” of object ori...
[2 replies] Last: @Repeater Thank you for the suggestions, I knew about SDL2 but I didn... (by H00G0)
by Khaye
ASCENDING ORDER ARRAY OF NUMBERS

EVERYONE KINDLY HELP WITH AN ASSIGNMENT THAT IS 15MARKS AND URGENT AS WE ARE TO SUBMIT TOMORROW. WE ARE TO WRITE A C++ PROGRAM TO SORT A 2*6 DIMENSIONAL ARRAY ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much. much appreciated! (by Khaye)
by AlainF
Instantiate classe using a map

I have a long list of classes and I want to instantiate one according to a string. I currently have code (that works) like the following: BaseClass* Instantia...
[2 replies] Last: > I have a long list of classes and I want to instantiate one accordin... (by JLBorges)
string first character skips

string skips first character when I cout it..for example if I input string like this string n; getline(cin, n); and then if input this ->>>>> "MOHSIN" a...
[5 replies] Last: thanks..now i can get the point. thank you for helping me out.... :-) (by Mohsin Atta)
somebody from sweden

behöver hjälp med dessa Skapa ett program där användaren kan ange ett tre siffriga tal och programmet räknar ut siffersumman. se programexempel nedan: ...
[2 replies] Last: Furthermore, do not doublepost. You have already a thread: http://www.... (by keskiverto)
get file full name and path

I have written some C++ but I am a newbie. I have a C program for which I need an input filename,type,path. I want to get it using a GUI wrapper for the C file....
[2 replies] Last: Both Java and Qt can be free as in money ($). As far as "free as in f... (by Ganado)
Raise Program help

I would truly appreciate some help on this. //displays the value of Khaild raise //at the end of each of three years, using //increase rates of 3%, 4%, ...
[6 replies] Last: I fixed it myself thanks. Final program #include <iostream> #include ... (by liz Lopez)
structure classes

hello! I have two component classes, classA defined before classB, and I need to call from classA a method in classB (update component coordinates) classC ho...
[4 replies] Last: For fun: https://herbsutter.com/2013/08/19/gotw-7a-solution-minimizing... (by keskiverto)
by b975
What is the form of Templated Friend Class Variable another Templated Class?

AIterator ->Template Class ASet ->Template Class in the ASet.h(public section)(And AIterator.h included in ASet.h) friend class AIterator<T>; template...
[2 replies] Last: -1 down vote In my case this solution works correctly: template <typ... (by sm2345110)
white space question

I want to direct to this address in my path variable: Environmental/system vars: variable name = path variable value = C:\Program Files\mingw64 ...
[4 replies] Last: If I remember correctly the installer of MinGW said it should be insta... (by Thomas1965)
by Erema
sparql requests in protege

hello, sparql requests in protege I need to find 100 names mail.ru PREFIX foaf: <https://mail.ru/> SELECT? X? Name WHERE {? X foaf: name? Name} LIMIT 100 ...
[2 replies] Last: hello, thanks for the feedback I have my diploma work, sparql inquirie... (by Erema)
how overloading the assigment operator with a second argument?

heres my actual overloading assigment operator: Form & operator= (const std::function<void(HDC WindowHDC)> &Paint) { this->Paint=Paint; Ref...
[9 replies] Last: i never used C#. i'm trying simplificate some things. but you have rig... (by Cambalinho)
PAYROLL HELP ME PLEASSEE! Due by tuesday

The user will be prompted to enter the following data: Name Hours worked Hourly wage Amount of withheld for retirement Tax rate Tax rate will be entered as a...
[7 replies] Last: Lastly, the function that writes the data to the file. // Write the... (by sskyler)
A default value for a user-defined type

Hi all, Please consider this snipped-code: int main() { cout << int() << endl; return 0; } This will usually result in showing 0 as the output. Cons...
[15 replies] Last: > Do you, might I ask, have a linkedIn account please? No. I do not h... (by JLBorges)
by ahme7d
Please Need Help ASAP

Can Some One Pls Decode This Game it's an assignment to make a game which should have same output. Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ohf7...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks (by ahme7d)
December 2017 Pages: 12345... 13
  Archived months: [nov2017] [jan2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.