General C++ Programming - December 2017 (Page 4)

Why the final size of executable is smaller than size of the obj files

Why the final size of executable is smaller than size of the obj files?Does the linker compress the it or the linker does some magic to it?
[2 replies] Last: it does not generally compress anything. It can re-use identical chun... (by jonnin)
by baka87
Random File IO

I just finished reading the following tutorial: http://www.learncpp.com/cpp-tutorial/187-random-file-io/ I was hoping someone could point me in the right direc...
[1 reply] : It isn’t just C++ doing magic buffering — the underlying OS will a... (by Duthomhas)
i need opinion foer data structure im really stupid in this

#include<iostream> using namespace std; struct computer { char brand ; char serial_no ; int year_produce; }; struct customer { char...
[3 replies] Last: also tagging a variable on a class/struct is archaic and here it is al... (by jonnin)
by Chy
Epsilon Moea (Can some one teach me out with the code here, there are a lot of errors after compiling)

#include <iostream.h> #include <math.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <time.h> #include <string.h> #define INFINITY 1e7 #define DELTA...
[5 replies] Last: 1) Please use code tags when posting code, to make it readable: http... (by MikeyBoy)
Two pointers pointing to same memory via class copy constructor. How to detect when one deletes the object? (1,2)

I have a custom C++ class Person that defines a few functions and data members. In my main app, I have something like this.... Person* fred = new Person( "Fre...
[26 replies] Last: [quote=RickBlacker]why it is a more modern C++ app written today would... (by Cubbi)
by b975
What is the true form of Templated Class Function return type(another template class)

What is the declaration of the template class's function return type which is another template class? AIterator->Template Class ASet ->Template Class Que...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you peter87 (by b975)
Starting a New Project. Need Guidance.

I'm going to start an ambitious project. The goal is to be able to store any number of your cryptocurrency private and public keys, as well as to send and recei...
[1 reply] : I'm not sure on how to go about this You could start by being more s... (by kbw)
B+ tree removal

Hi everyone, I have posted my original question on stack overflow. Please take a look at it and if you could offer me some help it would be great. Thanks. http...
[3 replies] Last: So do you have problems with the algorithm? It is less complicated tha... (by coder777)
gets for char array does not work

Hello! My project requires defining an array of char and make the user enter them (by gets command), my friends work on visual studio 2015 and this code works f...
[6 replies] Last: > The compiler pops up error C3861 'gets': identifier not found and E0... (by JLBorges)
How To Keep a C++ Program Running 24/7 On a VPS

I have a VPS on DigitalOcean.com using Ubuntu and I was wondering how I can keep a program running 24/7 after I exit out of the terminal.
[2 replies] Last: That solved it. Good stuff. (by JohnDeBord)
by Jh01
Need help- Random Number Generator

Guys and gals I need help with this program. I've done alot of research trying to figure out the errors that keep popping up. Mainly on lines 249 and 250. If an...
[1 reply] : You need to look at this int number1 = string num1; (by SamuelAdams)
Asymptotic Notation

I have somethings I need clarification on when it comes to asymptotic notation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of Big O is that it is an upper bo...
[7 replies] Last: Choice of O,Θ,Ω Remember that if O = Ω, then you can use Θ. T... (by Duthomhas)
Help about encode and decode text

Basically, i need a code to encode and decode a text combined only by capital letters and blank spaces. The text needs to be encoded on a way that every letter ...
[2 replies] Last: @pzycloN3 Do you have another user name? You see, your code is EXACTL... (by lastchance)
Recursive nested instantiations don't make sense to me

Hi, From an interesting article regarding C++ as a Turing Machine, I have found some code that I totally do not understand. It is the following: templa...
[2 replies] Last: Yes. There is no requirement here that K17<Depth,A,B> must be a com... (by JLBorges)
Code to move the character words with arrow key

I'm new to c++ and I'm currently studying IT programming with c language. I have tried to find all info about how to move the words (my name)to left, right, dow...
[no replies]
encoding/decoding arrays

I'm working on a program in Visual Studio that encodes and decodes a txt file of user names, passwords, and websites that has 3 levels of encoding/decoding. I h...
[1 reply] : If you show us the code we might be able to help. (by Thomas1965)
Please help with my project

Please help C++ only It is suggested to use functions to comply with program modularization. Part of the task is read/write external files; two input files we...
[3 replies] Last: Please help Your lack of specificity isn't going to get you anywhere... (by cire)
Using Conio.h and Curses.h error

Hello, if I try to compile a cpp file using both conio.h and curses.h in it. If I try to run it with conio.h before curses.h I get an error in the main.cpp. ma...
[4 replies] Last: How could I get getch(); to work with curses? as above: 1. Compile ... (by Cubbi)
Problem with retrieved data from C function.

So I'm using a API for card readers "eVehicle Registration API" which was made by my government. And it's simple to use, but when I call function GetReaderName(...
[5 replies] Last: const long MAX_NAME_SIZE = 1023 ; char name[MAX_NAME_SIZE+1] = "" ; l... (by Putarda)
by Kalcor
Structs question

Hello, I recently encountered a small debate with myself about a struct thing which is swapping elements in an array of struct. For example struct Test{ int ...
[7 replies] Last: Please read the thread before replying, otherwise you're just adding n... (by helios)
December 2017 Pages: 123456... 13
  Archived months: [nov2017] [jan2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.