General C++ Programming - December 2017 (Page 9)

adding columns to the gsl matrix

I am trying to write a code that requires a lot of matrix operations. So I decided to use the "gsl library". In different steps of my code, I need to add some c...
[11 replies] Last: I don't know how they coded it so I can't comment on whether it will d... (by jonnin)
Inputing a .csv file and editing the info on it?

Hello, I'm currently doing a project for my intro to computer science class. The task is to bring in a .csv file with thousands of data with 2 columns and outpu...
[1 reply] : csv is just a text file with commas between 'columns' in spreadsheet t... (by jonnin)
Need to display double result to string As table

Hello, I am really sorry if I have a lot of questions, my problem is that I need my output to apear as string . here is my function I need only to change the ...
[4 replies] Last: Hello, @chervil I tried and it works thank you for your help (by Mar1990)
Can someone figure this one out? I tried many times

Jason typically uses the Internet to buy various items. If the total cost of the items ordered, at one time, is $200 or more, then the shipping and handling is ...
[3 replies] Last: The variable total should be a double. When you post code, wrap it ... (by doug4)
Help with errors

Hello.. I am currently getting the same sort of errors and I believe it is something simple.. I am using multiple files to create a simulation..Any one have any...
[5 replies] Last: The first error is at line 9 of KillerWhale.hpp. Why don't you start ... (by doug4)
function

Can we write a function in different.cpp file?? if yes then what we write in the main file to connect the second one. please suggest. Thanks.
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/113904/#msg622055 http://www.cp... (by ne555)
Program to crack a 4 character password

Hey, I'm attempting to use the function CrackP to try all possible combinations of "AAAA" through "ZZZZ" until CrackP's output equals P. I'd like a nudge in the...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <string> #include <cma... (by lastchance)
Master file and transaction file

i need some help with this please Write a program that will save the following data in two separate files, Master file and Transaction file: Master File: Ac...
[1 reply] : That seems to be a fairly straightforward case of opening a file and o... (by Chervil)
Program Debugging Assistance needed!

Someone help me in debugging this entire program. I really need help To see entire program go here: cpp.sh/3p2pq #include <iostream> #include <stdlib.h> #in...
[1 reply] : Your chars are uninitialized, so it's good to initialized them to noth... (by fiji885)
"Segmentation errors in linux " / 5 errors in Visual Studio 2015= Program : class matrix input , output and addition

Hi , the program errors is coming in Visual Studio 2015 in Windows 10 . I tried linux where it says "Segmentation fault" . The list of errors is mentioned first...
[3 replies] Last: @Repeater . Thanks for your reply . I am a beginner . Would it be ok i... (by shishir2002)
Error on the Switch case 1

Currently facing an error on Case 1, where the if loop is totally ignored and from the previous interaction of user jumps to the next interaction without recogn...
[4 replies] Last: I made a slight change to the entire code. I've implemented the sugges... (by LucianoPena28)
Online C++ Compiler with WinAPI?

Does any know an online compiler that support WinAPI? I'm trying to make a basic GUI. WinAPI seems to be good for simplicity on Windows programs. I'm on a C...
[2 replies] Last: If you can't install anything on that Chromebook then there's no solut... (by helios)
Initialization Constructor

Hey Guys! What's the best way to define a constructor?, which one of the below? Is there anything wrong with any style ?, best practice? class Person { ...
[3 replies] Last: Consider this case class Person { private: const int birthYear; s... (by doug4)
Find max in vector member range

Looking for max value in vector member range. struct Data { double open, high, low, close; }; void hhv (vector<Data> &matrix, double range) { for (un...
[2 replies] Last: Ok. That makes sense. The code doesn't run as is, but it gives me the ... (by lumbeezl)
URGENT i have 2 hours to pass up my assignment

(Need to use sentinel-controlled while loop) this is the work "students at a school volunteered to sell fresh baked cookies to raise funds to increase the nu...
[1 reply] : a sentinel while look for that would look like do { things } whil... (by jonnin)
Borland c++ read value from graphic image

Hi guys i have big problem I must read the value from the graph. Do any have an idea? ex. http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img922/8531/dmdZP9.jpg
[4 replies] Last: you have good eyes... if the slope of the entire image is consistent, ... (by jonnin)
Using boost locale with French

I have modified an example program provided on the www.boost.org website, to use the "fr_FR" locale (French), to test if floating-point numbers are displayed as...
[8 replies] Last: Windows: #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x6000 #include <windows.h> #include <v... (by JLBorges)
UART Program is Stuck when Enable Interrupt with PIC24F

I'm using PIC24FJ64GB002 (datasheet: http://www.kynix.com/uploadfiles/pdf8798/PIC24FJ64GB002-I2fSO_94644.pdf ). I want to use it for UART by RS232C with my PC....
[no replies]
Continued Fraction Expansion using called data

I am writing a program to calculate real numbers from continued fraction expansions. I have a text file named “problem1data.txt” will contain the expansions...
[1 reply] : storing the integers in a vector and then immediately calculating by ... (by lastchance)
Error on switch loop. Need Help! Only a few hours left

Can anyone help me in debugging this program? go to the url.. the code is too long to fit in here cpp.sh/4lio7 int main() { char uname ; char use...
[4 replies] Last: okay, thanks. You were alot of help i also found an error where ... (by LucianoPena28)
December 2017 Pages: 1... 7891011... 13
  Archived months: [nov2017] [jan2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.