General C++ Programming - February 2013 (Page 2)

pointer of pointer array

Below is a working program, compiled with g++. But due to an unavoidable reason, I need to define class Human before class Elephant. The program fails, even a...
[18 replies] Last: Could you explain, why the "class" keyword could be omitted in elepha... (by MikeyBoy)
C++ access to SQLServer without ODBC

Hi, I need to connect and manipulate a DB in SQL Server 2008, but need to have high performance too, so, I want to develop an class in C++ that connect dire...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks plexus! I already worked with the Native SQL Server ODBC, and ... (by ViNiCamps)
Error in my code!!! Need help please!!

Hi I have error in my code (Reservation.h). I try to search forum and many thing but always have error. Is there someone who can help me a debugg my program ...
[10 replies] Last: yelnatz, I don't see anywhere in the code where a default constructor ... (by MikeyBoy)
pattern matching and then replacing it in a file after opening.

hey , i am opening a file in c++ in unix environment.then i have to search for a string and then replace it with other string in the same file .please help me i...
[no replies]
by Dhocks
I need help reading this specific file

I just need help reading a file then everything would finally make sense. S'mores 2 4 squares graham crackers 1 bar milk chocolate 2 large marshmallows ...
[3 replies] Last: This (with the ignore() adjustment) produces the following output: #... (by coder777)
CLASS TEMPLATES

I am starting to learn Class Templates so I wrote a simple Header file which has the declaration and .cpp that contains the body. HEADER FILE: #ifndef CLAS...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/91603/#msg492300 (by ne555)
Billing & Invoicing System for Bookshop

Kiss My ASS
[1 reply] : Please Transfer 5000$ to my bank account (by trialanderror usually)
How to create a database?

I'm new to C++ programming. I'm trying to make a database that stores the information without overwrite it. I want this program to store the client’s selectio...
[2 replies] Last: Take a look into how program's are compiled and work before trying som... (by TheBeardedQuack)
fabimocii series

i want a program to check whether a no is in fabinocci series or not in c++ . can any body help me out in trying so
[2 replies] Last: You should supply the code you're using to try to check if a number is... (by cire)
Collision free hash

Hi, I have following method to calculate a 16bit hash on a per definition unique string: uint16_t IReferenceHolder::getHash(const std::string &ref) { r...
[3 replies] Last: Took my Segdewick book again and found another simple, but better algo... (by closed account D4S8vCM9)
by meeram
Unicode characters encode

I have a string with &# characters. for example "Its 100 €". Now I need to interpret that &#8364 to euro sign and stored into the db. How to encode...
[no replies]
Loop homework help

Hi everyone! I need help with an assignment for school. This is the problem: You are tracking the prices of some asset over time. The user will input a series...
[4 replies] Last: oh wow, thanks! I just meant I don't know how to make it so that if th... (by closed account 9Nh5Djzh)
Help Understanding this!

Hi everyone, i am doing my new assignment and am having trouble understanding what this program wants me to do. Q3- Define a structure type to represent a wo...
[19 replies] Last: ok! Thanks so much for the help! (by ownerpurez)
by xsesx
Problems with Median Using Pointers

The assignment is to create a program that displays the median of an array using pointers. Assume the array is already in ascending or descending order. I'm ...
[3 replies] Last: If you don't delete the array (L20) you will have a memory leak. If yo... (by buffbill)
read txt file with the name is variable???

i want to load txt file, but the name of txt file is variale. please hepl me!!! my code is error!!! String ^ s; s="t"; ifstream txt (s+".txt");///error im a b...
[2 replies] Last: thanks (by hoanglong105)
Frequent use of M_ for naming

I was just wonder if someone would be kind enough to tell me why is it that in books that I have read with c++ they seem to use the name m_(unique name here) a ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your speedy reply I saw it right after I had posted my ques... (by Stormhawk)
Interfacing Camera to C++

I am a student of engineering working on my final year project. Please help me to interface my digital camera or webcam with the c++ so that the camera can capt...
[1 reply] : My solution is using OpenCV. This library with hundred of functions wi... (by longnguyen)
error LNK2019

I am currently working on an Account login system and when I run the program I receive this error message: error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol If y...
[7 replies] Last: 1. You can't define a function inside another function 2. That semicol... (by LB)
Help c++

Write a program that calculates the average of a stream of positive numbers. The user can enter as many positive numbers as they want, and they will indicate ...
[2 replies] Last: here is what I have now. #include <iostream> using namespace std; d... (by paco12345)
Whats wrong with my node swap?

I have a function in my node class of my linked list program, when I call the swapWithNext function from my node class it is suppose to swap the current node (t...
[3 replies] Last: You can use the swap function, but you have to keep track of what you'... (by cire)
February 2013 Pages: 1234... 43
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.