General C++ Programming - February 2013 (Page 41)

by arms4
void function and int function differences?

Recently learned how to use function but the only thing that i don't get it is when to use int and ...
[1 reply] : Read the following article: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/fun... (by ajh32)
Hello C++ programmers. Silly question.

Hello, yesterday i started to learn c++ by myself. I wrote a simple script, it should download a se...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, i don't understand one place. how does if (strcmp(input,"down... (by Catfish3)
by arms4
Pairinng game info

well i need some info of code on how to make a pairing game just like the normal one where u guess t...
[2 replies] Last: Here is it... I can make the whole things work now but the code will b... (by arms4)
Enqueue problem!!

Hey guys, This is a school project that I am starting to work at. I cannot change the main.cpp an...
[7 replies] Last: @psyclone: the queue member functions are implemented in Apothecary.cp... (by theranga)
Question on how to use memcpy

Hey, I am working on a project were I need to store a long long data type variable in six indexs of...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for feedback. Looks like I will go with the third snippet. (by tnjgraham)
Comparing words from two different files using fstream

I'm trying to input a html file and copy everything from that file to a new html file with some chan...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you that worked for the most part. The only thing that doesn't w... (by tgaskey)
String find & replace

"C++ is a general-purpose programming language." I have to find the word "C++" and replace it with "...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/string/string/find/ http://www.cplu... (by cire)
Strings

What is wrong with this program? #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> #include<stdio.h> ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh yes..thanks for that :) (by Winkerd)
What is a MUD?

For years I've wondered, programatically, what a MUD is. It's like a program constantly waiting f...
[1 reply] : The way I implemented my MUD was to have basically a list of a bunch o... (by Zhuge)
Program that counts number of occurrence of a letter in a file

Please help me with my program. I need to create a program that asks the user for the filename, then...
[2 replies] Last: yes that was my idea all along but i was thinking that there might be ... (by SilentNoise)
class with random generator

I have a wierd question: I have a class the generates a random number, do I put the radom genera...
[1 reply] : In a .h file, because you want to include it somewhere else. (by majidkamali1370)
Returning in a menu

What I am trying to make is an opening menu for a game. It's in working condition but not ideal. I l...
[3 replies] Last: Maeriden is a genius. I wrapped the whole code in a for loop then put ... (by hatefacecore)
by Wuten
C++ Buttons not working?

Hello, I'm new to this site, though I've looked to it for answers to many of my questions regarding ...
[1 reply] : Nevermind, I found the issue; I marked the second y as >375, rather th... (by Wuten)
Won't go to else statement

I'm trying to get this program to receive a response from the user of "Y" or "NO" or something simil...
[5 replies] Last: Else, savings == 0 The if on top is SavingsBalance > = 0; If you sav... (by greenleaf800073)
Need Help With Making Fractal Terrain

I've been in the process of making a simple acii game and worked out to make random terrain that was...
[no replies]
Why am I getting Unresolved external when using Static in a class

I have this Main program that calls a class in a header file. #include "SavingsAccount.h" int m...
[8 replies] Last: Cire, computerquip, You are correct, the declaration should be outs... (by mendozae)
by Owain
Is Effective C++ still a good book to buy?

Hello. I was considering buying Effective C++, Third Edition - but being published in 2005, I realiz...
[4 replies] Last: @Owain yes, all three are essential mid to early advanced level C++ bo... (by Cubbi)
Inheritance Best Practice? (custom number classes)

I am currently working on creating my own classes to deal with numbers. My motivation is two-fold: I...
[1 reply] : Perhaps I should add that eventually I would like to add classes for C... (by alcaz0r)
I need help declaring values

I'm in a beginners programming class and we have not went over a lot being that school just started ...
[4 replies] Last: First error, dimes_value and etc. If you have a constant, you need to ... (by greenleaf800073)
write program to find area of a square

I'm new to c++ and I have no idea what I'm doing. My assignment is to Please write a C++ program to ...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> //basic libraries #include <cstdio> #include <cs... (by greenleaf800073)
February 2013 Pages: 1... 3940414243
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.