General C++ Programming - February 2013 (Page 8)

by h4344
Best way to retrieve data/files from a server?

I was wondering if i had to say simply retrieve data from a server whether it be simple plain text for variables or download whole files (FTP), what would be th...
[3 replies] Last: In the end, the client and server exchange data using read and write r... (by kbw)
How to make C++ program send text file to email?

So I am doing this project for school and one thing I want to add is the ability to send the text file that the program creates and send it to an email. I am...
[1 reply] : If you are allowed to use libcurl, then here is the link: http://curl.... (by modoran)
Stopping codes with a key press

Hello, I have a program that I made, which does a list of stuff, then checks if a key is pressed, and if it's pressed, stop the looping. The problem is, it che...
[1 reply] : If you are using a compiler which has "conio.h" you can use kbhit() fu... (by majidkamali1370)
Help!! Pointer Assignment!

Hey guys, My LevelUp function is not working. I explain more after my code. Here is the code. The LevelUp(); call: Player* outPlayer = NULL; // Test...
[9 replies] Last: From what I can see, your HashTable::retrieve() method needs to change... (by jim80y)
Run-time check failure #2

I have a program for my C++ class. I'm pretty sure i've done it correctly but i get a Tun-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'totalarray' was cor...
[5 replies] Last: All the numbers entering the array are row and column numbers. The ro... (by cire)
Evaluating arithmetic expressions using recursive descent parser

I have the following code to calculate arithmetic expressions : #include <iostream> using namespace std; using namespace std; const char * expressionToPar...
[3 replies] Last: #include <sstream> #include <iostream> using namespace std; const ch... (by cire)
The Compiler will not allow me to call a public method in another Class

Hi to all, I hope you are not getting tired of helping me. I have read the book over and over and I thought I understand "CLASS". But when I applied it and w...
[5 replies] Last: I think you're trying to implement a design you don't understand. My ... (by cire)
by rShusi
How to insert many inputs in the same line?

Make a C++ Program that will use nested if else and any looping statement to display the following a certain number of times depending on how many times the use...
[1 reply] : One way would be to place the equivalent of those five data headings i... (by buffbill)
C++ Program That Converts Postfix Expressions to Assembly Help

First and foremost: Please do not write the program out for me. I'm merely looking for guidance on where to go. I understand the concept behind postfix f...
[no replies]
Grade Calculator

I am a math teacher who is taking a programming class. My district wants to incorporate some programming tasks into the high school math curricula. I am worki...
[6 replies] Last: You are very welcome (by greenleaf800073)
having trouble with a class function call

//////main cpp/////// #include <iostream> #include <time.h> #include "fight.h" #include "player.h" using namespace std; int direction; int m...
[no replies]
by ASQ19
Tricky C++ Code

I've the following C++ code that calculate a variable t, the code is dealing with a 2D problem but it was modified to have the output printed in 1D array. I...
[7 replies] Last: I did figure out how to do it, it's as follow: ofstream myfile1; ... (by ASQ19)
Duplicates in Hash Table

Hey guys, I am having problems with this function: bool HashTable::insert(char const * const key, const Player& aPlayer) { //calculate the insertion p...
[1 reply] : I just found a solution. Instead of implementing the search and add i... (by matheuskiser)
Help with a class

Hey everyone! I'm having trouble with my program. It runs... but I can't get it to give me the total when I call it. As far as I can tell, it's only totaling on...
[3 replies] Last: div .Q(quarter , quarter , quarter , quarter ); This does nothing. ... (by greenleaf800073)
by EeAA
3-edge connectivity problem

I need help with a pseudocode for an algorithm that solves the 3-edge connectivity problem: input: a graph G in adjacency matrix format output: true if, for...
[no replies]
Urgent! How to control iterator of multimap

Hi, I am running some simulation, in which i need to control the iterator of a multimap, like multimap<double, int> mapp; ...... int n=6; for(int i=0; i<5; ...
[14 replies] Last: Thanks kbw for your answer. Could you please give me an example about ... (by dekeenfrance)
Can't throw exception in Template

I'm making an "improved" array for my programing class. It's currently unfinished, so you might see some commented out code. I'm trying to debug what I have. ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for the prompt response, I appreciate it! (by Spring08)
Rendering Multiple Vertex Arrays OpenGL

So, I had an idea for how to effectively render static and dynamic objects without regenerating a large vertex array every time a single point changes. Would th...
[no replies]
by tj3434
Help

Ok so i am currently having trouble with do while loop heres a quick example int valueA = 100; int valueB = 100; do { valueA = valueA - 100; valueB = valu...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks it works now. I think maybe I was just confusing myself (by tj3434)
Alphabetical Order!!

I am trying to finish my program where I have to print the two merging files in Alphabetical order by Last Name along with the score. NO ARRAY!! Here's what I h...
[2 replies] Last: where would I add it cause I put it ad the end but it's still not prin... (by techgeek)
February 2013 Pages: 1... 678910... 43
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.