General C++ Programming - February 2014 (Page 29)

Weird SDL error

Hi, I've been learning to use SDL and whenever I try to build this one program I get a windows-looking popup that says "cc1plus.exe - No Disk" or "Id.exe - No ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, it might have been the characters.. though no it didnt have an... (by Nogroth)
by CDuck
Insert v. Emplace

What is the difference between the insert() function and the emplace functions?
[12 replies] Last: Thank you for your help. (by CDuck)
by alsade
char array reversing function using pointer doesnt work..why?

can someone please tell me why does this code doesnt work? #include <iostream> #include <cstring> #include <string> using namespace std; class my_st...
[1 reply] : Define "doesn't work" The first problem I am seeing is that it attemp... (by Cubbi)
Cursor

I have studied function,array,stuctures,flow of control(XI class cbse syllabus). Now I want to know how to find coordinates of cursor position in c++. please ...
[2 replies] Last: Windows: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms648... (by Smac89)
How to write a program that can.....

Draw the total of a passed value, or value in general, without checking how many values there are individually. Here's a pseudo-example: int aliens = 1...
[2 replies] Last: Your question is a bit vague to me, do you have a bunch of alien objec... (by Smac89)
The Game of Life

Hello everyone. I have an assignment in a C++ class and I feel like I am very close but I keep erring out on a segmentation fault. I am not sure where the error...
[3 replies] Last: http://askubuntu.com/questions/187612/how-can-i-fix-the-term-environme... (by ne555)
Need help creating a basic (?) program.

Hey,my pc has been acting up and from time to time I have to restart explorer.exe. The reason I do this is because whenever I hover my mouse over an icon on the...
[3 replies] Last: C++ is not really what you want to do this with, if you only know the ... (by kevinkjt2000)
forward_list

Hello, So the code below is what I need the forward_list option to work for. In the list there is a section for iteration, which I take it means the number of ...
[2 replies] Last: Fantastic! Thank you. (by sdnnet3)
my new property class

i'm doing my new property class, but i'm stuck with functions :( #include <iostream> #include <functional> using namespace std; template <typename T> ...
[12 replies] Last: The property needs to have a narrow interface which is accessible to e... (by JLBorges)
by phooh1
Speeding and fines

Here is my problem: I just can't get it to work. I get different errors depending on what I do. I have left some things I have tried on thats why I have all the...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <cmath> using namesp... (by Chriscpp)
Dereferencing Trouble

I need help as to why this program fails after trying to collect and display cards for the house(comPlayer). Here is the program: #include <iostream> #i...
[6 replies] Last: When you write: for ( expression; expression; expression ) ; { ... (by cire)
Need help in Magic Square T.T

Need help !! i cant do my even number ): Help help need guidance !! anyone know about this ? help me solve ): i dont know what error i have ): #includ...
[1 reply] : Please use code tags to make your code readable: http://www.cplusplus... (by MikeyBoy)
Factoring Logic

Hi, How will you factor out data with different values to match to another value. For example: value A=100 value B=50,10,20,5,15,20,30 How will you c...
[2 replies] Last: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subset_sum_problem (by JLBorges)
23 Tooth picks

The game of “23” is a two-player game that begins with a pile of 23 toothpicks. Players take turns, withdrawing either 1, 2, or 3 toothpicks at a time. Th...
[1 reply] : Please use code tags to make your code readable: http://www.cplusplus... (by MikeyBoy)
by Renato
I can't get my text file to be read.

My text file is in the correct folder and the name of my text file is the same as the code. I dont get no errors i dont see why i cant get my text to be read. ...
[19 replies] Last: [quote=MikeyBoy]Presumably, what you want is for the function to actua... (by MikeyBoy)
Wifi router options via C++

Hey, just a simple question. Is there a way to access the router settings via c++? My friend wanted me to write something that would turn off wifi broadcasting...
[5 replies] Last: So I am back with a solution. I found most of the resources in c# so ... (by Hitokage)
MAK to CBPROJ C++ Builder

Dear Group, I am converting an old C++ DDL (Well several of them) which was written to run under 16bit Borland C++ and also C++ on the Macintosh ( I dont kno...
[no replies]
derived class not over writing base class function - using vectors

Hello Everyone. So I have a base class, lets call it base. In base I have a virtual function called update(), update just couts "base" then I have a clas...
[1 reply] : Okay, turns out this has already been answered, silly me should've res... (by Og The Trog)
Initializing a class to a pointer?

I came across a piece of c++ code that seems to be initializing a class object like this: ImapMailbox *mailbox; Now the class looks like this: cla...
[2 replies] Last: A pointer is either a 32 bit or a 64 bit integer that can hold the l... (by J4ke)
Text Adventure

Hey Guys, I'm developing a text adventure in C++! When I first started coding, I thought I would be coding video games like Battle Field or Counter Strike ...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you very much avilius, I will make those changes. I am also conf... (by Galaxy7games)
February 2014 Pages: 1... 2728293031... 33
  Archived months: [jan2014] [mar2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.