General C++ Programming - February 2015

2d Array into function with vary size depend on txt file

Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a function that manipulates an 2d array read from a text file. So the dimensions vary depends on the file size, which is f...
[no replies]
by abc1
dangling else statement

hi, I am not knowing dangling else statement.What is it?How to avoid it?Please explain me with example.
[4 replies] Last: well an 'else if' is an 'else' followed by an 'if'. It's not anything... (by Disch)
Rainfall Statistics

The problem is: Write a program that lets the user enter the total rainfall for each of 12 months into an array of doubles. The program should calculate and di...
[3 replies] Last: thank you guys so much !! (by gizmo928)
Structs in Linked Lists

Im having trouble creating a struct within a struct node. the program suppose to hold students firstname, lastname, and gpa in a node therefore creating my li...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Konstantin2. Maybe it was just getting really late last night w... (by programmercarlito)
conditions, logical expressions, and selection control structures

I am just learning C++ and i am looking for some input into an assignment. use functional decomposition to write a C++ program that inputs a letter and outpu...
[no replies]
Receiving Access Violation

I am working on a project. The program is supposed display items from a vending machine. The user is supposed to be able to type in an item, pay an amount; then...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you for the tip. However, I am still getting an unhandled except... (by techfever)
Heap and Priority Queue (Array not storing digit)

This assignment is about Heap and PQ's to sort out jobs inside a printer. I'm far from finishing the assignment but the most important part isn't working. My is...
[4 replies] Last: > My issue now is outputting the Job "#" . > I noticed the Job "#" is ... (by ne555)
by abc1
return by reference

I am having confusion regarding return by reference and return by value. why return by reference is used when return by value can be used?what is the adva...
[4 replies] Last: Hey. Watch his video, Bucky explains it very well - https://www.youtub... (by TarikNeaj)
Is Timetaken equation correct?

I am beginner of C language, and i made this small script to find Download Time Required for Downloading file at given speed. #include <stdio.h> int m...
[no replies]
by Micard
Dynamic memory problem

Hello there! Could you please take a look at this piece of... code. I can't find where I made a mistake. I clearly need to create a new name and flight for eac...
[17 replies] Last: Hi Konstantin2, Sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean for it to be t... (by TheIdeasMan)
Nodes in Linked Lists

So I created a bunch of nodes and I made each one before one another. Im having trouble adding another node to the last one. #include <iostream> using na...
[3 replies] Last: Hi Forum, It is very nice discussion about the linked list for more in... (by Pavuluri)
Linked List Implementing

I'm having a serious issue with implementing a node at user given position, and have to decide to implement it left or right. EX) lets say the linked list ...
[4 replies] Last: Hi Forum, It is very nice discussion about the linked list for more in... (by Pavuluri)
by mike3
How can you return something containing unique_ptr?

Hi. I've been trying out the "new" (new to me, even though it's now 4 years old) C++11 stuff, specifically the unique_ptr, and was wondering: how do you retu...
[2 replies] Last: I use it in void by using reference the & which you would include with... (by programmercarlito)
Eclipse error boost-filesystem

Hi, I have problems when try to compile with eclipse + boost windows32, think what eclipse is not configured correctly. **** Build of configuration Defaul...
[1 reply] : Hi, I have read several posts and all indicate that the solution i... (by raulpuro)
Checking string inside of paranthesis

Hi everyone! I wanted to check a string inside of parenthesis, but i dont know how, i tried my best! Someone help Ex: (API from some game) function entit...
[no replies]
Linked Lists

Ok so Im having trouble distinguishing why one set of code is different from the other if they both create a node Here is the first code struct Node* start = ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks MikeBoy I get it now (by programmercarlito)
extracting spaces from char array string

I cant figure how to extract spaces from char array. I can extract double quotes and single quote I put the \ char before quote and single quotes and the progra...
[no replies]
Reading number in lines in textfile

hello lets say this is our textfile ----------------------------------- 45(here is space)string and other shit is here 454(here is space)string and other...
[3 replies] Last: http://ideone.com/Y5SL2m (by LB)
how use a new class on functions?

how use a new class on functions? class test { public: int a=0; test() { a=10; } }; test test1; int sum(test a, int b) { retu...
[6 replies] Last: i must use the 'const' and the '&' for avoid the object been changed: ... (by Cambalinho)
Slide bar going under my min value

void DrawSlideBar(float x, float y, float w, int min, int max, int &SliderValue) { float sliderw = 5.f; float sliderh = 15.f; float sl...
[8 replies] Last: ok so i got this to work how i want it to, to show you but i want to b... (by poohpooh)
February 2015 Pages: 123... 26
  Archived months: [jan2015] [mar2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.