General C++ Programming - February 2020

C++ Set value from current variable

Hi i was trying to make game engine I want change position of variable with player coordinates normally i do with this: foobar = foobar2; but i needed do somet...
[8 replies] Last: needed code of that i was generating a new cube but now when user in... (by ASingleGameEngineDevelop)
Need help with pointer data member

I have a linked list and I use a function that will get user input and store it in the list data members, my issue is with one of them, 'id' if a parameter does...
[1 reply] : In your test function, a is a reference to a pointer-to-int. It does n... (by Ganado)
In overloaded set of functions, there is a call that supposedly creates a hanging reference but I don't see that!

Hi, Supposedly there is an error in the last call to ::max() in the code below, something about returning a temporary local value but I only see returning a ...
[4 replies] Last: max_ret is destroyed when control leaves the function's scope. // ... (by mbozzi)
by LuffyD
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!! im getting this error im compiling with g++ ,by the way and this error is bugging me a lot : undefined reference to `operator delete(void*, uns...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, that missing comma! Well spotted, Doug :) (by MikeyBoy)
by kydd
i have a program i need help with who is available

its about functions and prototype
[1 reply] : We're glad to help you if you show us your code and what specific erro... (by Ganado)
Parsing comma delimited text in C++

I am working on a project where I am given a comma delimited string of text in an array, and need to parse each array index into its own object. For example:...
[3 replies] Last: Here is something to play with. #include <iostream> #include <sstre... (by Duthomhas)
Virtual function and Virtual function table

class A { public: void fun1(){} virtual void fun2(){} virtual void fun3(){} }; class B: public A { public: void fun4(){} void fun2...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you All...! :) (by akash16)
why i don't get any compiler\runtime error?

i'm testing the C++ array sizes. see these line: int test3=3; int test ={{2,3,4,5,6},{2,3,4,5,6},{2,3,4,5,6}}; cout << test ; here i get an err...
[5 replies] Last: if otherwise int test3=3; int test ={{2,3,4,5,6},{2,3,4,5,6},{2,... (by marhuum)
Goto skipping cin

I'm kinda new to c++ and programming in general. I'm trying to make a program that simply makes u create a text file. In this first part I'm trying to make th...
[1 reply] : The problem using getline(...) in combination with the operator>> is... (by coder777)
Why weak_ptr is needed?

I understand below: 1. weak_ptr created as a copy of shared_ptr. 2. weak_ptr provides the access to the referenced object that is owned by one or more shared_...
[2 replies] Last: The OP answered his own question, maybe, so nothing else needs to be s... (by George P)
Need help with linked list program

Hello, I am looking for help on my program. I want to have one iteration in my program for "Courses for Jacob: " at the top of my output and I was hoping to get...
[1 reply] : You can reuse record . You don't need record2, record3, and record4. ... (by dhayden)
Need help with finding savings in different plans.

My assignment is to compare 3 different voice plans and ask a customer which plan they would like to choose along with how many minutes they use. Plan A: 450...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! (by AFCBrandon)
Polynomial hash function ( is this video wrong )

Hi guys So I'm learning about hashes and following this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtMwp0FqEcg but I have my doubts the professor is correct, sho...
[8 replies] Last: very very true I can attest to that (by adam2016)
C++ API for “Text To speech” and “Voice to Text”

I did the machine learning online course (http://bit.ly/2P3mOPZ) and want to know whether there is a good API for "voice recognition" and "text to speech" in C+...
[1 reply] : it would be difficult to find an ideal solution, since most voice to t... (by poteto)
c++ condition_variable hangs

Hi, below is my code which I have written to recreate a problem observed in a much larger project. This code recreates the problem in the larger project as is....
[8 replies] Last: Thank you for the suggestions guys. (by sspirent)
Prague Trip Report

Rob and Jason are joined by Hana Dusikova from Avast. They talk about the final changes that went into the C++20 draft which should become the official new stan...
[no replies]
by Denvor
help with graphic class

i have this programe that is suppose to pull up this menu //showing menu cout << "Please select one of the following options\n"; cout << "by pressing t...
[1 reply] : Please make a single compilable version of your program. And tell us w... (by coder777)
reservation function

the function is suppose to do this reserveSmoking – has an int parameter. The value passed to this parameter is the location of the seat to be reserved in th...
[1 reply] : > if (plane == i) { //checking if number entered matches the index ... (by ne555)
by kitfox
Are smart pointers widely used?

I first learned to program C++ in the 1990's, so I tend to think about C++ in pre-C++11 terms. I'm starting a new hobby project and have been reading up on sma...
[10 replies] Last: I think Torvalds did call entire C++ a crutch and does not allow any ... (by Niccolo)
by Hanske
Question on serialization boost tutorial

Hey everyone, just a quick question. I'm learning boost serialization (and also improving my c++ skills) and wanted to know why in the boost tutorial: #inclu...
[1 reply] : I'm guessing Boost.Serialization needs a default constructor to do its... (by helios)
February 2020 Pages: 123... 7
  Archived months: [jan2020] [mar2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.