General C++ Programming - January 2013 (Page 2)

by Skynet
Binary Search Trees

So I have this code that I wrote that pretty much makes a binary search tree with one node per element that holds the data int, one pointer for left, and one po...
[6 replies] Last: it will work. my algorithm pretty obviously does exactly the same thi... (by theranga)
Starry Window

Hello everybody, I am making a program where words on individual lines are read from a .txt file and displayed with a star(*) border. EXAPLE: WORD: SHORT ...
[3 replies] Last: on line 43, it says cout << length . I think you meant cout << sta... (by theranga)
regex help

Hello forum, I am having an issue with the regular expressions in the C++11 extension. Below is a surrogate for my code... regex rgx; smatch result; fo...
[9 replies] Last: The "other way" is to use boost library, it is cross platform and one ... (by modoran)
Adding strings of integers

I'm trying to write an algorithm for a larger project that will take two strings which are both large integers (only using 10 digit numbers for the sake of this...
[6 replies] Last: if the OP really wanted to, they could create a struct of indefinitely... (by theranga)
by LB
Order of class members matters? Since when?

struct x { y *GetY(); //error: what is "y"? struct y { }; }; Why does GetY have to be declared after struct y is declared? I thought order of c...
[6 replies] Last: Well, forward declaration is usually when you have some sort of circul... (by LB)
by Smac89
C++ why you no work???

trying to read from this input and print it out to stdout: . . * . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . * . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . * . A . . . ....
[4 replies] Last: BOOM! Everyone who answered. You guys are awesome! Thank you much muc... (by Smac89)
Adding additional functions to the STL vector class

How would I add my own function to the vector class?
[3 replies] Last: You could make an inherited child of the vector class, like so: tem... (by theranga)
Euclidean Algorithm

Hello C++ forum! I am working on a math research project and wanted to write a program in C++. My skills in C++ are decent, but not the best. I was writing my...
[2 replies] Last: To post code, use the code tags please, they are the ones to the right... (by Smac89)
c++

how can c++ play an important role as a base language in order to understand the modern language such as c#, java ,java# etc
[2 replies] Last: It's all over the internet if you just search for the phrase. Looks l... (by cnoeval)
Please help

i'm new to this program C++. write a program that reads an integer and breaks it into a sequence of individual digits. for example the input 16384 is display...
[19 replies] Last: [quote=Turtle]Make sure that when you are creating a new project that ... (by LB)
by proggy
File writing

Hello, I'm trying to make a program that you input your login info and it writes that info to a text file. Then, later on once I get my problem fixed, the prgra...
[3 replies] Last: Ok thank you Smac! It works great. (by proggy)
Does not show the result on screen

Hi, I am totally new to C++ so bare with me. I was reading some of the threads here and saw this code regarding Date. See below code sample // stringstrea...
[4 replies] Last: Make sure that you are clicking on compile and run not just compile al... (by Turtle)
View movement while sprites warp boundaries causes bug

Using SFML. I'm setting up a sort of 'fake' parallax background by using sprites of stars, they warp fine when moving on their own(i.e of their own speed) but ...
[no replies]
by jaded7
static code analysis & debuggers

Any recommendations of good programs which can do either or both of the above? Free is good, but not mandatory.
[6 replies] Last: @helios: About Valgrind: maybe soon there will be a Windows version: h... (by closed account D4S8vCM9)
Inserting into a vector which is in a map?

I have a program that stores values in a map>. I use the map as a dictionary so that I can look through my map if a perticular string already exists. If a strin...
[5 replies] Last: @JLBorges Thank you!! This solved exactly what I was trying to figure... (by hopesfall)
Window resizing

Hello all, i have had recent trouble trying to get my win32 console window to fit my 1600 x 900 display making it full screen here is my code thanks in advance....
[2 replies] Last: Thank you all guys your help has been invaluable, do you know where i ... (by Brandalf)
Reading and using lines from a txt file

Hi, i have to read lines from a file and using this lines to create objects. Example: I have this txt file that represents a group of undirected graphs. 5 ...
[no replies]
Platformer - Only scroll the platforms help.

I need to make so just that the platforms I have scroll left or right, not the background as well. How can I achieve this? (I've had to removed most of the fu...
[no replies]
by Sucho
strcmp not working

I use GCC compiler(4.6.2) with Code::Blocks IDE. Iwrote the following code for password check- #include <iostream> #include<cstdlib> #include<cstring> #inc...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you so much @modoran...it solved the problem!!!! (by Sucho)
CAS client in qtcreator or visual studio

Hello to everyone! I have the task to communicate our topical application(C++) with a distant server and retrieve data. The server uses CAS as authenticatio...
[no replies]
January 2013 Pages: 1234... 36
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.