General C++ Programming - January 2013 (Page 3)

Parse a txt file

Hello I have a text file with the following format //MAIN OBJECT Object = ControlNetwork Created = 2013-01-28T12:26:17 //FIRST CONTROL POIN...
[1 reply] : The control point objects are nested in a main object. Does each text ... (by Ogoyant)
Multi Condition function for Char type

I thought this function was so cool, that i wanted to share it. I have always written like a>='0'&&a<='9'&&a>='a'&&a<='z' in loops etc, but no more. Basically ...
[1 reply] : http://cplusplus.com/reference/regex/ A little hard to use but more po... (by MiiNiPaa)
class member functions with pointer parameters

I have this homework assignment that is giving me a lot of trouble right now. My teacher is very vague in class and hard to communicate with. I will try very ha...
[5 replies] Last: Ok I understand the issue there but then what is the proper syntax? I... (by cire)
by Ryuuji
Accessing Direct Memory Access in Windows XP (Transfer Mode)

Hi Guys! I really need your help! I need to know how can i get the current transfer mode (DMA Mode ATA/ATAPI). For Example: In Primary IDE Channel Prop...
[no replies]
Please i'm confused help he

Is it possible to define two functions as given below func(int x, int y) func(int &x, int &y)
[2 replies] Last: Actually, no, you cannot do that. Because the compiler won't know whic... (by closed account 9y8C5Di1)
Dynamic array of pointers declaration problem?

Hello, I am attempting to declare an array of pointers dynamically based on user input. I am not sure if A) I'm implementing the syntax of declaring a dynamic a...
[1 reply] : THis is what you need to do. Although it would hep if you did some ch... (by ajh32)
virtual topology design

why the following errors have occured .......... c2087: Missing Subscript c2133: Unknown size c2059 :Syntax Error
[12 replies] Last: thank u MiiNipaa (by nevetta)
incomplete type 'main()::LinuxCamera' used in nested name specifier.

Hi everyone, I got an error in my program. My program is like int main() { class LinuxCamera; LinuxCamera::GetInstance()->Initialize(0); } erro...
[5 replies] Last: @Bandar: do u find out any mistake in my socket.cpp program? If so, pl... (by sanda199)
error: two or more data types in declaration of 'main'

Hi everyone, I had error when i run my program. My program is like in my source program #include LinuxCamera.h class LinuxCamera int main() { Lin...
[5 replies] Last: Show content of LinuxCamera.h (by MiiNiPaa)
Circular shift a cstring in C++

Hi, I need to circular right shift a cstring in C++ Let's say I have unsigned char test = "HELLO!!!\0"; How would I go about circularly shifting this to the...
[6 replies] Last: > I need to shift the entire array by bits, not characters. So don't ... (by JLBorges)
ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘Image’ with no type ??

HI I'm writing a school programming homework and the following scene.h is a header file for class Scene: // header file of image class #ifndef MYFILE_H #de...
[1 reply] : It tells you that Image isn't a type name. Does it really starts in up... (by MiiNiPaa)
source file and header file are not compiled together

Hi everyone, my socket.cpp program got error. it showed "socket.h: no such file or directory". I had put my header file (socket.h) in the same place with my sou...
[1 reply] : You need to have 3 files: First, you have the socket.h file which cont... (by Smac89)
by CroCo
Plotting in C++?

Is there any way to plot any function in VC++ 2010? in Forms?
[3 replies] Last: thank you guys. (by CroCo)
by arms4
fix my array position!

Here is problem i want to make an array with a range of number from 1-9 only. So if the user entered more than or less than the number indicated it will be erro...
[3 replies] Last: error (by ungeiliverable)
can't call function

Hi everyone, Let me ask you questions. I wanna call function from another program to my program. I had put header file of another program in my program. But i s...
[5 replies] Last: @theranga Thanks for correcting me. Yes, it is a constructor not a fun... (by CroCo)
by arms4
check 2d array error

Here is requirement, the array can only be placed with number from 1-9 and all them need to form a pair. ex: 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8...
[no replies]
My own template vector class. Can't push_back?

I'm not too sure why this isn't working. This is the most I've ever used templates so I don't know I messed anything up. In main: std::string str1 = "Asd...
[9 replies] Last: Code has to be generated for each type passed into a template. Thus, y... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Using ifstream as a constructor parameter

I'm trying to pass an reference of the object ifstream to my constructor as such: // myClass.cpp int main(){ ifstream file; myClass classobj = myClass(file);...
[3 replies] Last: it should say using namespace std; . that will the same thing as wha... (by theranga)
Need assistance with making a password system(PLEASE ANSWER?).

Hello again! Right now, I'm trying to make a password system that stores and tries to protect a piece of text with a user created user & password set. this set ...
[no replies]
understanding someone else code.

Thx for reading, I found this code the other day and wanted to understand it so saved it, complied it, found it seemed extreemly powerful for so small a progra...
[2 replies] Last: When you mod (%) the least significant digit in a number in binary for... (by buffbill)
January 2013 Pages: 12345... 36
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.