General C++ Programming - January 2013 (Page 34)

; > and "

I just began but been noticing that most sites say you end with ; but looking more some other codes use " or > to end. I was wondering what is the difference?
[5 replies] Last: Thank you very much. (by Jorleph)
VB and C++ Interfacing

I have been programming in c++ exclusively at my university. This upcoming semester I am learning Visual Basic. Right now I am looking for a way to use my c++ c...
[1 reply] : The OOP way of achieving it would be to create COM DLL's. I must warn... (by webJose)
by Joske
Help with my game

Hi, guys.. I'm relatively new to all this so I'll try to be as clear as I can.. I'm making a game in which you control an object that is on the bottom of the sc...
[5 replies] Last: You could consider reusing the same objects instead of re-creating the... (by htirwin)
Unable to start program-system couldn't find the file

Why do i get this error?
[4 replies] Last: There are many possibilities and we won't be able to help you unless, ... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
by bolt
converting this code to subtraction?

How do I convert this code to subtract large numbers? void addition( Node* h1,Node* h2) { int carry = 0, sum; Node* result = NULL; Node* tmp = NULL; ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks that helped (by bolt)
Array size from first line of file

i am trying to create an array with the size of the first value of one file wich is the same of the first line because the first line only have one value her...
[3 replies] Last: i did this and putted to delete the pontos but now it abortes the prog... (by DannyPt)
by CroCo
Building derived class on an Existing Class:

Hello all, I have a question and I'm certain this is the right place for asking. I'm beginner in c++. I'm so curious to learn everything about this language. ...
[4 replies] Last: @TheIdeasMan, Thank you so much. Yes, actually I did figure it out. (by CroCo)
object oriented- inheritance

I wrote a code to calculate tax of some vehicles with different properties.But it gives lots of errors. Please help me urgent :) my cpp file seems: // try ...
[12 replies] Last: This sounds like an issue with the pre-compiled headers because the co... (by jlb)
How To Make it Limited to 100?

#include<iostream.h> #include<iomanip.h> void main() { int i,j,smalltest,temp; int Array ; cout<<"Masukkan nilai!!!"<<endl; for (int a=0; a<=7; a++)...
[2 replies] Last: int Array ; void TestNumber() { for (int a=0; a<=5; a++) { int x=0; ... (by SamuelAdams)
MS-DOS Minimum hardware emulation?

What is the minimum hardware MS-DOS needs to boot and run? (e.g. PIC, PIT, VGA, 8086 etc.) According to http://www.diku.dk/hjemmesider/studerende/firefly/bochs...
[no replies]
Working with strings, files and time-tag calculation

Hello CPP community. I've been interested in doing a little program for work at which I'm an apprentice which could aid me in facilitating the process of wor...
[17 replies] Last: Thanks for the quick reply. Sadly I've never used any sort of stream,... (by Luponius)
push_back dynamically

I've made a simple raytracer, which works fine, and I have a piece of simplified code shown, that creates 4 spheres, each of which is an "Object" ... now all I ...
[3 replies] Last: Well since I don't need the instance name per say, the code below does... (by gth759k)
Anyone know javascript that could help me convert my c++ code to it

I am trying to convert my c++ code to javascript so that i can publish my game online, to anybody that knows javascript and could convert my c++ code to it, kee...
[4 replies] Last: its ok if you mess it up converting it, if i get it converted to javas... (by brandonator)
by CroCo
A derived class constructor using base class constructor

Is this example correct? This example from a book Constructor of the Base Class Person::Person(char* n="", char* nat="U.S.A", int s=1) { name = n; n...
[5 replies] Last: @tvrameshmc thank you so much. It worked. (by CroCo)
by bolt
i need help with my function

How do I Write a function that takes two linked list as input arguments these linked list contain numbers like this: num1->3->5->2->NULL (assuming that n...
[3 replies] Last: Use below function. It is written by using std:list int fun(list<i... (by tvrameshmc)
by tambun
help needed..have no idea what's wrong with my coding..

#include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> int i=1; int main() { int num ; float midterm,final; int ID; for (i=1;i<10;i++) { prin...
[4 replies] Last: Explain what is not working in your code. Your code is working fine th... (by tvrameshmc)
How will execute this pgm?

#include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> void main() { int x ={1,2,3,4,5}, y ={5,4,3,2,1}, result ={0,0,0,0,0}; int i=0; while(i++<5) result =x -y ; clrsc...
[1 reply] : int i = 0; while (i++ < 5) result = x -y ; Will do the same thi... (by Stewbond)
Simple Web Browser

Hey Guys: I am trying to create a simple web browser (and I’m talking simple) There are several step-by-step instructions on the web But they all se...
[1 reply] : Don't know what it is called in VC6, but you shoul have "Win32 GUI Pro... (by modoran)
by Pwego
Infinite loop?

I just get white screened when i try any while, for, or do loop. This is what i have I dont understand why it doesn't work. This just says that if the curs...
[3 replies] Last: n value must be changed in do while loop other wise program will n... (by tvrameshmc)
Stuck on commas when entering numbers

Hello, So, I am fairly new to programming and I've been trying to implement some other previously posted solutions to a problem, but so far I can't figure out h...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your help! I re-worked it as follows for the first set ... (by wpenguin)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 3233343536
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.