General C++ Programming - January 2013 (Page 4)

by Disch
Binding to a virtual function from a parent class.

Hey guys... I have a situation where I'm not sure on the standard behavior. I was hoping I could get some feedback from someone who knows: Consider the below ...
[no replies]
Could someone please clarify this atof error my professor keeps telling me about?

Hi, I hope someone can help me out with this problem I'm getting. My professor keeps telling me "you use atof, but you do not define it or include something tha...
[4 replies] Last: It seems to me that Disch is correct about what the professor was sayi... (by kempofighter)
VS vs Others

Never used Visual Studio before but im venturing out into DirectX and figure it would work best together. So what are the differences with VS compared to other ...
[4 replies] Last: Ok thanks, if i have any other questions ill post. (by LovestoCpp)
Saving object to file, and then loading it

Hi guys, Could someone please tell me why my code is not working? Interface class Person{ private: char name ; short age; public: vo...
[9 replies] Last: You're not checking the file handles' validity. Probably you're not e... (by S G H)
please correct these 6 C++ errors

as content size is limited to 9000 characters... i have posted the source code in: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?8cn2skrvevcr4dd
[12 replies] Last: switch(ch) { case '1' : { if(access) { element e3; e.input()... (by Kart)
Buoyancy C++ Help

Buoyancy is the ability of an object to float. Archimede's Principle states that the buoyant force is equal to the weight of the fluid that is displaced by the ...
[10 replies] Last: int main () { float y = 62.4;//Constant given, float value floa... (by jdowning)
Help with Structures.

Hi! So I was asked to create a C++ program that will ask the user to input 5 books with the ISBN, Title of the book and author/s. It will ask for 3 authors, if ...
[9 replies] Last: strlen() function returns size_t type. It's unsigned integer type. U... (by MiiNiPaa)
expected initializer before ‘const’

I wrote a template class for Matrix manipulation. The compiler cannot compile the source and complains Matrix.h:144:41: error: expected initializer before ...
[6 replies] Last: @Cubbi windows programmers do not have to undef min/max, they have to ... (by LB)
error C2065: 'std_dev' : undeclared identifier

i am having this problem from yesterday can anyone tell me how to correct the error pls #include<iostream> #include<iomanip> #include<fstream> #include<string...
[4 replies] Last: i should define it in the main or in the function header? (by raaj5671)
about C\C++

How C++ can play an important role as a base language in order to understand the modern programming languages such as C#, Java, J# etc?
[1 reply] : It plays the same role as C# as a base language in order to understand... (by vlad from moscow)
Namespace dllimport error

I've got 2 functions in a namespace, like so: // util.h #include <string> using namespace std; #ifdef UTILDLL #define UTILPART __declspec(dllexport) #else #d...
[3 replies] Last: Have you removed using namespace std from your header file(s)? If y... (by kbw)
Memory usage and algorithm efficiency

How can I check how much memory my program is using? I have an assignment which asks me to make sure I'm not exceeding some amount of memory but I don't know ho...
[9 replies] Last: ok (by theranga)
How to write a "if x is a int" type of statement?

I need to do this kind of statement rough example if(age == CHAR) { printf(" Invalid data type\n"); } else { printf("asodujnao"); } Basically a type of valida...
[7 replies] Last: Types are very very disciplined in C++. So if u have defined x as an i... (by closed account NwvkoG1T)
by fahima
About Sinogram of xray image

Hi, How to get sinogram of x-ray image using C++?
[no replies]
2D Sprite Shakes while being followed by camera

I'm making my view follow around my players ship, so it is always in the center, however at any angle other than 0/90/180/270 the player sprite starts shaking, ...
[3 replies] Last: np (by Disch)
Error in Prime Numbers Program

Here is what I have: #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using std::cout; using std::endl; using std::cin; int main(){ int x; int i; ...
[1 reply] : have you googled before posting? # include <cmath> // This libra... (by joneele)
checker program error

my checker program can work fine on some place without the checker blocked or on the corner but it has bug when in the corner or blocked on the side. The mai...
[5 replies] Last: switch(way) { case 1: if((board[x-1][y+1]=='b' || board[x-1][... (by TheIdeasMan)
Help with adjacent_find()

I need a simple adjacent_find() to find the adjacent same letter in a randomly generated string
[1 reply] : Is this simple enough? #include <iostream> #include <string> #includ... (by Cubbi)
Passwrd

i want to add a prompt at the start of my program which ask a user to enter its password wat will be its syntax it is confusing me alot i have written this co...
[3 replies] Last: as pass and num are pointers, if (pass==num) checks if they both poi... (by theranga)
Tree Control Help needed

How do I add files to a tree control. I have all the directory and sub directorys ..need the files to heres the code CFileFind fd ; if ( path.Right ( ...
[1 reply] : anyone ? (by terryeverlast)
January 2013 Pages: 123456... 36
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.