General C++ Programming - January 2015

ifstream.read only reads part of the file

I'm trying to make a simple image converter (ppm format to a custom one) and i'm having a problem with the ifstream.read method. Despite having this: int ro...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=ne555]¿isn't ppm human readable? The version he's using, P6, ... (by naraku9333)
How to access stat() struct

I have used fwrite() to send the stat() struct to another file. There will be several files appened together in that file. When extracting that other file how d...
[2 replies] Last: You're right, sorry. 8 struct stat sb; 9 typedef struct{ 10 ... (by retroCheck)
File Openings (1,2,3)

Hey guys, so I need to create a program that will prompt the user for an input, then it will save their input to a file and then it will prompt the user to inpu...
[52 replies] Last: To find out what is the problem with your setup. Your code is correct.... (by MiiNiPaa)
Assign value of pow(2,800) to char array or string

Assign value of pow(2,800) to char array or string please help me :)
[1 reply] : Please attempt to solve the problem then ask any questions and post an... (by giblit)
char num [] = pow(2,4);

char num = pow(2,4); how to save whole number to char array ? (16) so that menas char num = "16"; but it must be in this form : char num = p...
[3 replies] Last: get a bignum library http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/variables/ ... (by ne555)
Programming help (1,2)

I need to make a program that is able to take in a 4 letter uppercase password, and then it will go into a loop that will start at AAAA...AAAB...AAAC...AAAD...e...
[21 replies] Last: And also how do I make it so that the program CHECKS everytime it swit... (by xHyperionx)
Emailing Passwords (1,2)

Ok, so I need to make a program that prompts the user for their Username: and their Password: I know how to read in from a text file but the key here is I need ...
[37 replies] Last: ok i downloaded the see.h header file, but I still get errors when i r... (by xHyperionx)
Problems with redirecting to a tarfile

I am having issues with opening my tarfile in vim. I get this every time in my tarfile.tar file - 1 " tar.vim version v29 2 " Browsing tarfile /home/stu...
[no replies]
by sly858
case switch statment half working need help

was making a somewhat of a Binary to Hex convertor but only 10/15 cases work and the non working are in the middle; 0010, 0011, 0100, 0101, 0110, 0111;; /...
[5 replies] Last: int main(void) { int A; cout << "Enter the binary starting with the ... (by Konstantin2)
Matrix Vector Multiplication

Hello I have Problem with matrix vector multiplication, where is my mistake in program..can you give me any idea? void matrixVector ( const int n, const doub...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you, ı have do it. (by candidate)
Type '_or' does not provide a call operator.

I am playing around with ODD and making a truth table generator. The error / symptom I am receiving is when I am trying to compose fucntions with return types...
[4 replies] Last: If you want to set the values in the class using your existing interfa... (by cire)
by cosmos
why does compiler complain "no matching function for call to 'swap'" once i define move assignment operator

class test{ public: test(int); test(const test&); test& operator=(test rhs); test(test&&); test& operator=(test&& rhs); private: int *...
[2 replies] Last: thank you very much! (by cosmos)
by hiccup
Why doesn't this tertiary work?

What happened? The compiler I'm using, Dev-C++, dumped me into a library file called ios_base.h and I have no idea what that means. I think that I wrote this t...
[3 replies] Last: Just to add: if you do not use return value of ternary, you probably d... (by MiiNiPaa)
How to create this database from lexicon

There is a lexicon including 15000 words. And every word takes up one line, which means these words are separated by "Enter". Now, I wanna create one database...
[no replies]
please help me, i have to submit project on 1 feb 2015, REMOVE ERRORS AND POST IT, THANKS

#include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string> using namespace std; class User { private: string id; string...
[7 replies] Last: hira152: please stop hijacking this post. you are more than welcome to... (by Little Bobby Tables)
how to use enum ?

hey guys this is my code and im having a hard time trying to figure out somethings. Here is my code #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! Upong re-reading the book and what you said, it totally makes ... (by deckonsoul)
by tmason
"Enable Enhanced Instruction Set" on VC++

Hello, I am curious if anyone uses the "Enable Enhanced Instruction Set" option in the VC++ line of compilers. Does it work well or does it generally cau...
[1 reply] : See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Vector_Extensions#CPUs_with... (by JLBorges)
Help with binary search tree

I want to display the numbers in a bst but all I get are 0s, what is wrong with my code that is causing this? #include <iostream> using namespace std; ...
[1 reply] : If you add << '\n' to line 48 so each node prints on a different lin... (by dhayden)
Document scanning (cross-platform)

I'm looking for a way to interface with a scanner peripheral. Ideally, the program would allow the user to select from a list of scanning devices that are conne...
[no replies]
union in gcc compiler

// i use dev c++ 5.6.3 //similar error on code block ide #include <iostream> #include<string> using namespace std; union myu{ string name; int age; }; int...
[2 replies] Last: this wont run: #include <iostream> #include<string> using namespace s... (by anup30)
January 2015 Pages: 123... 24
  Archived months: [dec2014] [feb2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.