General C++ Programming - January 2017

Undefined reference error with template class.

Hello all, I know this shouldn't be as difficult as it is simple but for some reason the solution eludes me and I've tried hacking this one for hours (yes hour...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks keskiverto, I moved the methods from the cpp file below the cl... (by lostwithcpp)
I cant make this dice game to work

I want to make a dice game in which when the number generator rolls six the loop stops, but it goes forever.I'm new in C++ and im on 13 so dont judje me #incl...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks it worked.I rewrote the program and it runs smoothly. (by Blackout1279)
File Read In is Blank

http://ideone.com/JXUmpI Hi, I am not seeing any output to monitor when I try to read from file. The file contents is commented at the bottom of the code so...
[3 replies] Last: I have fixed it. Added these two lines of code in the empty function... (by Pokekid)
I can't include instance of global form variable in user control. Makes errors.

In Program.h is ProgramItems ref class which has static Window ^window (form). I want to include it in Search.h (user control), so from it I can add controls to...
[2 replies] Last: You are right. (by Putarda)
by mbozzi
Expanding template code automatically

I want to develop a program that will help teach/develop/design C++ template meta-programs by visualizing the transformation from meta-program to "plain" C++. ...
[2 replies] Last: Excellent, thanks. This will be a good starting point. (by mbozzi)
Accessing the value_type of a specific vector.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make something like... vector<int> v{}; using vtype = v.value_type; work? Thanks in advance!
[2 replies] Last: I appreciate it sir. I'm unfamiliar wit the uses of decltype. (by TinyTertle)
File reading and writing in csv

currently I am working on a requirement where I will be reading text file like AB ABX ABY ABZ CD CDX CDY CDZ so for above input 'AB' & 'CD' is unique....
[no replies]
CYK Algorhythm

Hello, I'm working with the CYK Algorhytm problem. Here's a link where the problem is explained better: http://web.cs.ucdavis.edu/~rogaway/classes/120/winte...
[2 replies] Last: @edge6768 I've checked those implementations before (I think they're t... (by MatyDN05)
convert by c++ program into embedded c++

hello I have a c++ program but I have to send that buffer through microcontroller. SO I have to covert the program to Embedded c++ please help in doing that.. h...
[1 reply] : So what does the compiler for the "embedded" system say about your cod... (by jlb)
how to shuffle a list?

I'm sure that I can shuffle a vector with shuffle function. But I dont know how to shuffle a list? case 1: #include<iostream> #include<vector> #include<...
[2 replies] Last: #include<iostream> #include<algorithm> #include<random> #include<list... (by lastchance)
How to store values in a vector that is inside of another vector

I am writing a program where I need to use the following data structure: struct shape { //declare the variables in the struct std::vector<float> verts;...
[1 reply] : // modify the value of vertex 'j' of shape 'i' myshapes .verts = 4.5... (by JLBorges)
Signed Extension

Relatively new to c++. Trying to figure out how to add zero's and one's to to the front of my signed binary string. can anyone let me know where this code...
[1 reply] : std::string signed_extension( const std::string& str ) { if( !st... (by JLBorges)
by bpugh3
Cannot solve this issue with Hangman Game

I am building a hangman game using parallel arrays, most of this was given by my professor, but i am struggling with trying to go through the array and check fo...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks guys for all the help! I'm a beginner as I said, so I am only i... (by bpugh3)
A member of a non-managed class cannot be a handle

I'm creating CLR application with forms in C++. I tried to make main class which will have window and other stuff as variables. But window variable (form) got a...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much :)! (by Putarda)
const id generated by static variable

Hi! I have this class: class Doctor { private: const int codP;// incremented in implicit and copy constructors static int cod; // outline initialized with 0 }...
[2 replies] Last: If you're using std::vector the reallocation will use the copy constru... (by Peter87)
General question about data structure usage

Hello, I'm trying to learn and practice with some of the core data structures, like hash tables, linked lists, etc. So far I've been implementing them myself...
[17 replies] Last: I have thought more about my idea above, but I think std::vector wou... (by TheIdeasMan)
Very strange unexpected output

Sorry, this code is long, but it is redundant and very readable. It was building off a past post of mine, but it won't let me post because the topic is too lon...
[5 replies] Last: This is a rough start to how you can save a lot of duplication. there ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Notepad

Create a notepad that allows the user to write text on the console. For this purpose, the user should be able to control and track the movement of the cursor. ...
[17 replies] Last: Is this doable using console???? if it is how to delete/remove charac... (by Yousaf99)
by Del221
Visual FoxPro: Access Denied

Hello everyone! Please help me to solve my problem with Visual FoxPro(VFP) program. I receive "Access Denied" error when opening .dbf file after installing VF...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for your help (by Del221)
Can anyone transfer this c# into c++

I accidentley wrote my entire program in c# and needed it into c++. Would anyone be able to help me and convert it to c++? using System; using System.Collec...
[6 replies] Last: Try this - it runs Yeah sure, so does a tap. It's not C++. I don't ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
January 2017 Pages: 123... 13
  Archived months: [dec2016] [feb2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.