General C++ Programming - January 2020 (Page 8)

Using bubble sort in an array inside a class

Hello everybody, I am a computer science student and I am trying to finish my first course project for this semester but I am having trouble with implementing ...
[2 replies] Last: notation for arrays is probably the way to go. You will also be usi... (by jonnin)
Text file statistics

Write a program, which takes a text file as its input and produces another text file containing the following information:  total number of characters  to...
[3 replies] Last: Then it looks like counting all characters could be achieved with seek... (by keskiverto)
for my project and am confused about the question and how to answer it

Write a C++ Program to enter the names, matric number and score of 6 courses using arrays.compute the average score and grade for each 200 student. how do i ...
[18 replies] Last: I can see that i just wish others are like you, the earth would be a b... (by emmility)
C++ for setting all object's member values to zero not at declaration..

Anyone know C++ way in setting all of an object's member values to zero not at declaration/definition and not using memset?
[2 replies] Last: We can assign an anonymous value-initialised object of the same type... (by JLBorges)
C++ Help with Arrays

Hello everyone. I am currently in the process of creating my first C++ project, involving a set of different arrays. I am struggling to process the code, becaus...
[4 replies] Last: lastchance Perfect answer! Thanks again for your help. This made a lot... (by jsanti2519)
Percentage of two integers

I am trying to calculate the percentage of value a of a+b. I want to know how much percent a's are contained in a+b. I tried to fix this problem in this way: ...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you, question settled. (by againtry)
by ravss2
using object as key of a Map- Error

I am trying to use object of one class as a key of a map that is used in other class. But getting the following error, which I could not understand. error: Pas...
[14 replies] Last: I have opened a new post for the relevant solution I am working on her... (by ravss2)
by volang
HTTP Webserver with SOCKETS

This issue probably applies to HTTP but someone may have experienced something similar when programming a web server with c++. So I give it a try here. In a p...
[3 replies] Last: 10054 means the socket is closed. The only method I can think of to t... (by kbw)
Scheduling Program Question

I'm attempting to create a program where the user can create a checklist. The user can then check off each activity that they have completed by inputting the nu...
[11 replies] Last: Quite possibly Carol - still got the shits for me picking on her ungra... (by againtry)
Linking Error - Visual Studio 2010

Error 1: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'xerces-c_3D.lib' Possible Reason: lib not available at given path and name is mentioned in Linker->I...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks everyone. (by akash16)
by obeeey
How to reset SDL_GetTicks SDL 2.0 ?

Hi, I wanted to create a time counter for my simple game which would reset to zero every time it reaches 50 seconds. In my main function handling events and e...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for help @Ganado, that works! I have a question though, I p... (by obeeey)
Multiply the elements of an array

I want to multiply all the elements of an array a1 with an array a2 and to store those results in another array. Someone has an idea?
[3 replies] Last: // Example program #include <iostream> using std::cout; int main() {... (by Ganado)
Input and Output problem

How can I stop an input and start an output after the input of two 0's?If the input is for example: 1 3 2 4 0 0 I want to stop the input after that 0. I tri...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks againtry and dutch for your help (by yabi2943993)
by ruzip
Android load and call Native Library with Pure C/C++

I am using the set up which uses Pure C/C++ code or hasCode="false" in AndroidManifest.xml. I would like to load a C/C++ native library .so file and call a f...
[1 reply] : I have zero droid experience but it seems to me this would work like a... (by jonnin)
C++ code is running in Windows 7 but not in windows 10

Hi All, I have build my project on Windows 7 64-bit on Visual Studio 10(I know its old but I dont have option). In Visual Studio build setting is Debug 32...
[10 replies] Last: Hey Problem solved. Thanks Furry Guy. Thanks all to understand the is... (by akash16)
alias for variable of array one and/or two dimension

How to make alias for variable of a one and/or two dimensional array as alias of int: int k; int& k_ = k; So how int a ; // how then declaration/definit...
[3 replies] Last: > How to make alias for variable of a one and/or two dimensional array... (by JLBorges)
by H00G0
Why can't you use vector iterator to go through vector? (1,2)

Hey guys! I'm currently getting myself used to using the more recent ways of making for loops with vectors and there is a little something I don't get. He...
[20 replies] Last: Heh, in a way, mbozzi, your "misremembering" was helpful to me. I fou... (by George P)
basic 3x3 scrambler

So i want to make an app that gives me a scramble for a 3x3 rubiks cube. The thing is i cant have it show me the same or similar moves one after the other(such ...
[3 replies] Last: thanks ill try it (by johnjohn)
by ravss2
Find Whether a string exists(or can be made up of) in a given set of characters

I have written a solution (kind of c/c++) , but looking for kind of optimized c++ solution for below problem. example:"Shrek" can be found in "abcdgdeSghjurj...
[19 replies] Last: ohh, I understand Good! I was guessing some form of secret messagin... (by againtry)
Constructors

What is wrong with this constructor?? class Event { public: Event(Message cm, BaseEntity bfsm) : current_message(cm), fsm(bfsm) { return;} ...
[2 replies] Last: The main problem is that current_message and fsm are references. ... (by coder777)
January 2020 Pages: 1... 6789
  Archived months: [dec2019] [feb2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.