General C++ Programming - July 2012 (Page 2)

need help with cygwin

how do i compile cpp using gVim? im totally new to cygwin
[1 reply] : gVim isn't a compiler, its a text editor or mini ide. You need to use ... (by closed account o1vk4iN6)
TinyXml-2 Issue

I recently migrated from one to the other. A statement like int map_w = root->IntAttribute("width"); would work in TinyXml, but my program is crashing on this...
[2 replies] Last: I haven't, but I've been using TinyXml for over a year now. I'm sure t... (by RedTheGreen)
Issue With Direct3D's Direct3DCreate9()

If you've used Direct3D 9 before, you'll know that you need a Direct3D context in order to create a Direct3D device. This is exactly what I've done, but Direct...
[no replies]
Confused about typedef for structures

I was informed that if I want to return a struct from a function I should typedef it. In regards to typedef'ing, which is the proper syntax for it. I tried read...
[5 replies] Last: The first and the third declarations of the structure are correct. The... (by vlad from moscow)
Exporting a video to a common file format.

How can I export something in C++(like a group of pictures) to a file like .AVI or .WMV? I am sort of a beginner and haven't been doing a TON of coding yet. I...
[2 replies] Last: Ok thanks I'll give it a try. (by codeman)
Reading and showing various structures from a file?

I create a text file and store a structure in it, using fwrite. I then store another structure the same way in the same file. Then I want to read the structures...
[1 reply] : Open the text file. If both sets of data are in it, your reading code ... (by Moschops)
Recording Programs.

Is there an easy way to record a video or take a screenshot of my program(or the whole computer screen) I would like to know if there was a simple way or if I ...
[2 replies] Last: If it makes a difference I am programming for windows and the project ... (by codeman)
static composition

Hello I want to build a class autoCounter that counts the creations and destructions of objects and notify me if there is any object still alive. I want t...
[3 replies] Last: Ok i found the solution. It was my mistake , i forgot that templates s... (by giannhssdra)
by Siyano
Need help in directc3d

I have a school work to finish and I really have a hard time understanding anything, my brain is greatly tired out and I have trouble to find how to do anything...
[no replies]
trying to count occurence of a number in an array

hi im new to c++ so i apologize for any stupidly obvious mistakes. im trying count the amount of times a certain number appears in an array ive had a go from wh...
[19 replies] Last: He was talking about the last semi colon after the for loop. (by clanmjc)
by ales88
problem in converting a hex string to a dec number

I have a function called "distance" which returns a user defined type "OverlayKey" which is a HEX number. Since I need to convert it to a DEC number, I've thou...
[5 replies] Last: OverlayKey is a user defined type; some kind of class, is it, or struc... (by Moschops)
add error handling in my program

Hello all I want to add error handling in my program but dont know what is the best way to do it. Im using the cilkplus compiler which changes a little bit ...
[7 replies] Last: Personally I use static local objects since you are know when they are... (by clanmjc)
error C2663: overloads have no legal conversion for 'this' pointer

please help me for this errors code: u16 ip_defragment(){ u16 result; fragip_set::iterator i; IP_FRAGMENTED new_defrag; IP* pcurpack ...
[6 replies] Last: The set iterators are read-only. (by ne555)
Static Library

I used Visual Studio 2010 to compile some code into a .lib file and then tried using that header(copying to the lib directory,and also a few others) and linking...
[no replies]
C++ sorting help!

hi there so i have a txt file containing dates eg 12 February 2013 14 March 2012 etc . .. i am trying to make an algorithm so that i can s...
[3 replies] Last: Use enum s for months. For that you will have to make an extraction o... (by viliml)
by nik93
facing problem in deleting an item in a file and the output format

i want to create an inventory system using c++. I want to delete an item from my stored items. But I am unable to do this. And there is slight problem in the ou...
[5 replies] Last: Open file in editor. Check the contents. If contents are garbage, don'... (by Moschops)
problem with using poiters to pointers

ok so i have this piece of code. else { char maxValue = -100; char **newBoard; for(std::list<GameTreeWithBoard>::iterator it=firstGameTree.gameTr...
[3 replies] Last: @Zephilinox Something like this assuming the curly brackets as square ... (by Ikaron)
2 Problems

EDIT: Solved the first problem 2nd problem: I have created a DLL with VS2010, but when I link the library like: #include "mylib.h"//should this be the or...
[no replies]
[Problem Call] overloading class string

Hello, I 'm student, studying about OOP in c++. I have problem overloading class string. wanna output Enter First Name : abcd Enter Last Name : efghi ...
[6 replies] Last: any time ^^ (by Zephilinox)
Normal C++ VS C++11

Hi! I program apps for windows but recently I've started developing for Mac OS X Mountain Lion using Xcode 4.4. But for some reason, it won't accept the most s...
[8 replies] Last: There are differences in the code ONLY if you want them! Very little s... (by viliml)
July 2012 Pages: 1234... 30
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.