General C++ Programming - July 2012 (Page 29)

HELP: Basic yard to feet program runs but will not perform properly.

I have been programming a basic yard to feet program in NetBeans IDE for Ubuntu. Predictably there were bug errors which I went through and fixed until it ra...
[8 replies] Last: This kind of passive-aggressiveness to the lounge, please. (by Moschops)
Usage of virtual functions

Are virtual functions only used for base class pointers or references to classes that are derived from that base class?
[5 replies] Last: If they point to the base class, does the virtual matter? If you kno... (by Peter87)
where to place * in pointer type (1,2,3,4)

Could anyone please let me know what is the right or standard way to place * in pointer types? int * p; int *p; int* p; from above three what ...
[65 replies] Last: It doesn't matter where the asterisk appears, so long as it's there: ... (by closed account zb0S216C)
by henk13
Dijkstra Algorithm won't terminate

Hi, I've resumed a dijkstra school work from a few months ago and found that in special cases the main dijkstra while-loop won't terminate.I use a 2-dimensio...
[2 replies] Last: Thx for the reply. I solved it in java later on. smallestCostIx was su... (by henk13)
pointer is not printing correct value

Dear Friends, Please tell me the solution for following two line code #include<stdio.h> void main() { char c ={1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0}...
[8 replies] Last: Change your code the following way int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* arg... (by vlad from moscow)
Class Problem

Hi, I've just started learning object programming in c++ and I have a problem with my code. It gives me these errors: 1.error C2065: 'RegistrationForm...
[10 replies] Last: Thank you very much for your help. (by RobertEagle)
I need help with ROT-13 encoding and decoding

I do have little bit of program written out, but I am not getting the result I want. If someone could help me out, and explain it in a good bit of detail it wou...
[7 replies] Last: worked perfectly...all i needed was a if statement...i don't know why ... (by trex123)
Directx rendering problem

Hi, I'm trying to render something I get from a COM interface. The image I get from the interface is ok (checked by printing the DC I get from the surface), bu...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, sorry, I deleted a line that was commented out, and left a part o... (by yakobom)
by ToniAz
Debug Vs. Release Correctness

Hello everyone! Just to make sure again, is the debug build better than the release build in terms of correctness? How about speed? I know that the former ta...
[4 replies] Last: Some programs will work in debug mode but fail in release mode. If tha... (by Peter87)
Encrypted data isn't shown via debugger

Hi, I'm using the following aes encryption/decryption code to encrypt & decrypt my data. unsigned char * enc_out = new unsigned char(200*sizeof(char)); ...
[2 replies] Last: It could be that the encrypted string contains strange characters that... (by Peter87)
by jaded7
problem with templated class

Hi, first thing I should say is that my university course hasn't extended beyond pointers, references, and dynamic memory allocation (for C, course hasnt had an...
[3 replies] Last: 1) It defines an array with zero length / without elements. Accessing ... (by coder777)
DEVC++ to VSC++2010 IDE

hello.. I am not a new visitor of this site, but this time, I need heroes to help my program work in another IDE which is the C++ vs2010 environment.. curren...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks... Adding a header algorithm solved my problem.. There was no e... (by vladeoff)
by beakie
C++ Graphics - convert from byte

Hi all, I am writing some code to create graphics. I am starting with an array of bytes... different values represent different colours. What would be the...
[5 replies] Last: Not really. Widgetry libs are generally large and complicated. IMO i... (by Disch)
error?!

Hello. Why does the following code err? #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int c = 0; cout << c = 0; cin.get(); r...
[5 replies] Last: because they did it in my exam and I am trying to figure out the compl... (by hooshdar3)
cin , a

Hello What does the line cin, a; do in the program: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int a = 0, b = 0; cin , a; cout...
[1 reply] : It evaluates both sides of the operator, then returns the right hand s... (by firedraco)
Help with this assignment please!

*I don't know how to use peek or putback! (no loops allowed) Write a C++ program that prompts the user to enter their full name (first name, middle name or m...
[9 replies] Last: You'd have to make your own using a loop and such. It shouldn't be too... (by firedraco)
by Miffiq
Reading integer from file, in digits

Alright, so I have a file, filename.dtbf, that I create in my program the first time the program is run. The file is there so that when the program is run a se...
[10 replies] Last: I need each digit to be in a separate int. So why aren't you doing t... (by Miffiq)
cipher not encoding more than one word

my encoder will not encode anything after it sees a space I used the getline function but that doesnot help if my phrase is welcome here the only thing encoded ...
[1 reply] : Why are you using cin>> immediately before getline()? Try just using o... (by Zhuge)
by Miffiq
Login System (with database file)

Alright, so I need a program that will read to see if a database file exists, and if it doesn't, asks the user to create a username and password, then put them ...
[4 replies] Last: Figured it out myself. Just sat down and started thinking... Anythin... (by Miffiq)
HELP CREATING LINKED LIST OF VECTORS

Hi, I am trying to create a linked list of vector in my program. And, obviously, it is not working. The program is now suffering from segmentation fault. And, b...
[1 reply] : Your post contains three occurrences of the word "list", and somehow n... (by Catfish2)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 27282930
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.