General C++ Programming - July 2012 (Page 30)

Problem with openGL compilation

Hello, reading the tutorial on the site openglbook.com on chapter one, but cannot seem to compile the first program, i have set up freeglut, ect. I am using min...
[3 replies] Last: Try http://www.transmissionzero.co.uk/computing/using-glut-with-mingw/... (by ne555)
Reading ifstream until predefined character

Hello all, I am programming a circuit simulator that reads PSPICE netlists...well, so the program basically reads a netlist, a text file by ifstream >> thing a...
[5 replies] Last: well, I did it and it actually worked, so problem solved (in 3 or 4 li... (by guilhermecm)
by iamlms
How to declare(not define) a class with a derived relationship

Given a class B and its derive class D: class B {...}; class D :public B {...}; Then in another class C1: //C1.h #include "B.h" //What sh...
[4 replies] Last: Yes. Either include "D.h", or use cast. I think no other way. Thanks. (by iamlms)
enum class as map key

I'm trying to use an enum class as a key in an unordered_map. But this fails to compile: #include <unordered_map> enum class E { V }; int main() { ...
[5 replies] Last: > I guess I just have to specialize std::hash for my enum classes Req... (by JLBorges)
Dealing with SQL/ODBC

Hi there guys. I'm an algorithm C/C++ coder. I'm currently developing an application that's much wider than the algorithm zone. I require having a connection be...
[3 replies] Last: It's the string you pass to the ODBC driver that tells it how to conne... (by kbw)
function_pointer_1

Hello. Assuming the following definitions: int add(int a, int b) {return a + b;} int (*op)(int a, int b)= add; Why is the call *op = add + 1; ...
[6 replies] Last: > I now look for the reqasons for the error. The binary + operator ... (by JLBorges)
by takzee
Passing class as parameter

Hello , this is the program I made to calculate matrix operations , I did most of the arithmetic part already and now I'm just changing the output of the progra...
[11 replies] Last: Your problem seems to be your confusion about the use of the & symbo... (by Galik)
in_avail() not working for me.

I am using windows. I copied this program from Reference section in this site, as it is.When I run the program it always shows 0 additional characters, no matte...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks so much Cubbi. I added the line cin.sync_with_stdio(false); a... (by johnwestman)
see if Esc key is pressed while awaiting input from user

I have a function that currently waits for input from the user and stores it into a long unsigned int. My problem is I want to make it so that if the user press...
[2 replies] Last: That won't work if he's waiting in an iostream command (ie cin >> var... (by Disch)
Compiling code on Windows Phone

I know it sounds very sickening, but is there any compiler that I can download to use on Windows 7 phone?
[no replies]
by P4r10
Need some help wit POP!

Hi guys, I'm working at a project, it's finished, but to improve it just that bit more i want it to be sended to me by mail or ftp so i heard about POP and thi...
[no replies]
July 2012 Pages: 1... 282930
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.