General C++ Programming - July 2012 (Page 6)

Run Tine Check Failure #2

Hi all, As a newbie, I'm still teaching myself the C++ language, and having a bit of trouble finding exactly where my error is. The program builds just fine, ...
[4 replies] Last: Sorry rollie, The code is: // This part of the program deals only wi... (by therry1)
by Aceix
A program that runs the code without waiting for input

#include <iostream> #include <cstring> #include <fstream> using namespace std; void fb(); int main() { int x; cout<<"\tThis test tool by Acei...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks mann helped a lot!!! (by Aceix)
Problem with inserting key, values into map

I have been having problems inserting pairs into my map. This is my code: void Team::CreateMatch(const matchInfo& arg_matchInfo, int week) { if (week == ...
[18 replies] Last: It doesn't make sense that it would work like that but not with the in... (by clanmjc)
by Gizm0
Cash register printing a bill

Hello. I have a problem that I can't solve since a half year. I have to make a program for a coffee shop, and I already finished the UI, but I can't figure ou...
[3 replies] Last: Finding out the type of register is only half the job. You also need i... (by Owain)
Color Detector

Hello! I'm trying to build a small program that tells me the RGB values of the pixels on which my cursor is currently located at. So far I've made this, howev...
[2 replies] Last: Sweet! Thanks! Moved it to Windows Programming: http://www.cplusplus.c... (by raulkolk)
Drag n drop a file and execute it

Hello I want the user to drag and drop any file in console window and execute it with parameters I tried something like this #include <iostream> #include <...
[2 replies] Last: You can drop a file to your console application while in windows explo... (by modoran)
by Jordi
Not compilation error but when it runs, an error notification appears and it closes

Hello, I'm new in this forum and I'm not a C++ expert. I didn't know how to get data from a .txt and throught internet I found that this could work, but it act...
[3 replies] Last: could it be that your input csv file has fields that exceed the max le... (by SIK)
same code doesn't work,please tell the error

i made two code the code no 1 works fine when i put the code no1 in an application it breaks,can u tell me the error.I have mentioned in code no 2 where it brea...
[5 replies] Last: You may think it works, but don't use it. It doesn't initialise the p... (by kbw)
exception scanf()

Hi! I'm using the instruction below, but occurred exeception! unsigned short ret = 0; scanf("%d", &ret); What Can I do? Thanks...
[2 replies] Last: What Can I do? Use std::cin (by viliml)
global variable to be used by different classes

How to make classes to use the global variable which resides in main.cpp? I have a project with multiple files, for my problem now I have a main.cpp, Tiles.hpp ...
[1 reply] : In cpp files that need to know about the global variable that is creat... (by Moschops)
display all results in text file

I have this code that will display the results in a text file. fstream file2; //declared globally //print array template< typename T > void print( vector< v...
[11 replies] Last: Normally the file close automatically when the file I/O variable goes ... (by Anomen)
reading from com port

Hi all, I'm attempting to read some data from a com port. It's a bluetooth GPS unit. I've managed to open the port with Matlab and read the NMEA data coming ...
[2 replies] Last: That's great cheers, I've also found this code http://www.control.com... (by oliver9523)
Stack of Strings

Hi there ,Below is my code to declare a Stack that accepts Strings. I will be using this stack to contain operators , numbers and symbols . I use CodeBlocks 10...
[2 replies] Last: stringstream came to the rescue Problem solved !!! (by Raman009)
by Wigen
online resources to llearn advanced c++

Hi all, My question is if there are good online resources to learn advanced c++. Thanks in advance.
[3 replies] Last: http://cpp-next.com/ (blogs) (by JLBorges)
memory allocation representations in visual studio c++

hi all i want to trace memory allocation (new and delete) in visual studio c++ how can do it by memory windows in visual studio? thanks
[1 reply] : See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zh712wwf(v=vs.110).aspx ht... (by JLBorges)
Initialization of variables in constructor

Hello I am a beginner in c++. I encountered this code' namespace Parse{ class Parser{ int reg_var; int max_var; public Parser(int rv,...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys!!! (by the transltr)
Help regarding download from a URL in cpp

Hello All, I want to download some content from a URL on server(videos/images). I am not able to start. Please provide me some pointers from where to star...
[5 replies] Last: What linker options do I need when I link with libcurl? $ curl-con... (by JLBorges)
for loop strucure,apointer an array

hi, am unable to code this multiplication table using(for loop strucure,apointer an array) let some body help me. | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 1 | 1 | 2 ...
[no replies]
Will vector ever shrink in size

Hi all, I was wondering will std::vector ever shrink in size. for example if it sees that it's capacity is much larger than it's size. I know from experience ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks you. In didn't know about the shrink_to_fit() function. In an... (by EamonKerdoll)
If statement question

I was reading through some code that dealt with opening a .wav and reading out the data. I came across this snippet. The author commented what was going on in t...
[2 replies] Last: @helios: Thanks for the quick reply. I'm going to have to read through... (by LittleStudios)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 45678... 30
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.