General C++ Programming - July 2013

Inheritance and header file include issues

Hi, I have a couple of classes derived from a parent class, and each of these classes and the par...
[2 replies] Last: Hi Zhuge, I'm adding various code snippets here which are basically s... (by farhan3d)
Loop depending on user input

EDIT: I'm trying to get this program to loop the number of times I get it to input. The program c...
[12 replies] Last: I rewrote a more simplistic version of the code I had before without a... (by firstlast)
Turbo C++ Graphics Vs SDL

Hello I am programming in C++ for quite sometime and am now trying to develop an application whic...
[6 replies] Last: They suggest Tetris because it is a fairly simple project -- one that ... (by Duoas)
by fafner
SFML Sprite loading

OK, I'm not having a problem per se, but something is going on in my code I can't explain. I'm writi...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks guys:) It's a bit embarrassing how little I know about memory-m... (by fafner)
inline functions

Hey , What are the differences between #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <ctype.h> ...
[2 replies] Last: There is. Its difference is the way the compiler handles. For regular ... (by bufige)
Class's member is not seen

Here is the code: #ifndef NODE_H #define NODE_H #include "Container.h" class Container;...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/10627/ (by Zhuge)
Deleting files PLEASE HELP!

I am trying to teach myself file I/O by making a address book program where the user can create, edi...
[5 replies] Last: I get it now! I was trying to delete the file while it was still in us... (by iiApexii)
push back in 2D vectors ?

Hello I am trying to use push back in a 2D vector but I don't know how to. This is what I have: ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you (by gelatine)
milliseconds system time

I am a bit lost as I am new to C++ and programming in general. Can someone please help me with the f...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks Cire. (by MilanChamling)
Storing entire one array into one cell of another array

Take for example two arrays. int A = { {{1, 2}, {3, 4}},{{ 5, 6}, {7, 8}} }; int B I want...
[2 replies] Last: I am sorry! There is a way to store the whole array A in B . As array... (by vlad from moscow)
Declaring array depth

Lets say that I need setup an array to store some information in a file and the file tells me how ma...
[9 replies] Last: Yeah I know what he meant, but I'm just saying that the fact is someti... (by SatsumaBenji)
Passing some part of a multiDimensional Array to a Function

Hi! How can I Passe some part of multi-Dimensional Array to a Function; for example only two dimen...
[3 replies] Last: For the array you used in the post (assume that it has type specifier ... (by vlad from moscow)
Initializing a local one dimension array in c

Want to initialize a local one dimensional array. How can I do the same without a loop? Found from ...
[7 replies] Last: I was addressing then why int iArrayValue ={4}; is not converted t... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
What's wrong ?

I dont know what is wrong with my code so far...I just started the game and for some reason it says ...
[3 replies] Last: could you post your code then? and i mean like did you type in for nam... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by nt162
delete pointer in vector

Hello! I'm tying to create a program that evaluates all possible actions for a certain problem. ...
[6 replies] Last: well actually i don't see why i shouldn't (and it works just fine by t... (by nt162)
detect mouse position

Im trying to detect when my mouse is over a item. i can get it working if its a square shape an stuf...
[7 replies] Last: well my button is part of a image an its a irregular shape so thats wh... (by poohpooh)
Confused on choices.

Hello everyone, I am currently programming a text - based game in c++. It is a fantasy/medieval RPG....
[3 replies] Last: just fyi... in c++ you cant do a switch on strings without writing spe... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Access to array by string of its name

I have an array called abee1. int abee1 ; I have done some string function (like: "abee" + "1...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=mosahab]I do not spam Well you have at least 4 posts about th... (by TheIdeasMan)
by meesa
Best way to store this data

I'll be using a much smaller example, for simplicity. I have three parts of data; a character, an...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks Andy, always appreciate your expert advice :+) (by TheIdeasMan)
[C++] Paired array and map: removing elements

Hi, I have a problem with array and map. Suppose I have an array of int of fixed size. Each new e...
[3 replies] Last: i think a structure that uses normal arrays will always be inefficient... (by Rechard3)
July 2013 Pages: 123... 34
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.