General C++ Programming - July 2013 (Page 32)

About readin data from USB

//#include <windows.h> //#include <atlbase.h> //#include <comdef.h> #include <string> //#include <cstring> #include <lusb0_usb.h> #include <stdio.h> #in...
[4 replies] Last: well, it seems that it sends the same message to 3 different devices: ... (by coder777)
please write a code to get the window title in c++

i want a feature in my project through which i can get the title of the window. since i am not an expert in C++, so please can anyone help me out from this. i w...
[2 replies] Last: sir, i am not perfect in c++ and that's why it can't understand what u... (by vicky tomar)
error C2512 but i have default constructor available

my code have error (error C2512: 'Node' : no appropriate default constructor available) but i have default constructor why ??? my error location commented in co...
[2 replies] Last: the problem is that you #include "Node.h" in "stat.h" and "stat.h" in ... (by coder777)
by JS0
Need Help with Web Crawler

Hi, I am trying to write a web crawler using c++. I'm not exactly sure where/how to start with this project. For instance, I'm not exactly sure how to write a c...
[1 reply] : it could probably be achieved with the boost and sfml api (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Starter Learner

Hey I'm New to C++ and was wondering about things : 1)Char Answer = 0; 2) what is voiding ? 3) cant understand this : { double d = 2.2; ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Man You Helped alot ! Thanks . (by BassamMetwally)
Command Parser for Game: Any Programming Patterns?

Hi, LeafyCircuits here! Comp Specs: OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Compiler: MinGW v4.6.2 running C++11 IDE: Code::Blocks v12.11 I've been wanting t...
[3 replies] Last: Well, where would you have declared those function pointers? And, do ... (by firedraco)
Templates and abstract classes

Hey guys, I'm getting an error from the compiler telling me that I have an abstract class but all the virtual functions are defined in it, not sure what is goin...
[2 replies] Last: The pure virtual functions are omitted from the base class and defined... (by yoked88)
by zsteve
big code bloat because of STL

hi, I was making a program which used the STL std::list container, and it suddenly bloated my program from ~300k to 1.3m (debug),and the release version fro...
[10 replies] Last: @disch: sorry, the link was case sensitive. http://0x4c.phatcode.net/... (by zsteve)
A C++ Easter Egg?

I was fixing a couple of minor bugs in a program I've been working on, when I made the mistake of typing cout<<string('\n', 1); instead of cout<<string(1,'\n...
[4 replies] Last: It's a Windows Console default codeset easter egg. (by Duthomhas)
by Snaksa
Linked List in another Linked List

Hi guys! I have a question for you. I'm studying programming alone so I don't know who else to ask. Now I'm on the chapter about Linked Lists. There is and exer...
[6 replies] Last: Here's a little code snippet to get your feet wet, as ne555 pointed ou... (by Bourgond Aries)
by meesa
[C++] Setting a default parameter based on another parameter?

Here's my function definition bool validateNumber(string& text, int min = 0, int max = -1, bool useMin = true, bool getValid = true)...
[3 replies] Last: Disch, how would you break it up? I want to be able to validate a numb... (by meesa)
WinInet progress bar

is there api for using a progress bar with wininet
[5 replies] Last: Can someone tell me how this works. I was messing around with INTERNET... (by terryeverlast)
by adilch
How to read data from a file line by line in C++

I have an external file with one column of data. If I have a counter value let say counter =1, and counter++ and so on. How I can write such a c++ code that if ...
[12 replies] Last: @cire , Thanks (by CroCo)
by tp11
Recursion-Segmentation fault

I have wrote the code for range search in avl tree, but it seems to go in segmentation fault and I cannot find why it is doing it. Function parameters were give...
[5 replies] Last: Thanx for the replies guys, I fixed the segmentation fault, but still ... (by tp11)
When does this instantiation use memory?

Say I have a class which is the head of a linked list node { public: node* NEXT;//does this use memory before it becomes NEXT_NODE or only after it? ...
[12 replies] Last: Well thanks MikeyBoy, you definitely get credit for the thread. I can ... (by lostwithcpp)
using While loops to validcate string input

Hi Everyone, Im having trouble with the while loop, this program should ask the user for their name, if incorrect it should send an error msg and ask for input ...
[1 reply] : See my answer in section for beginners. (by vlad from moscow)
down to one error, hints anyone?

//************************************************** // Stephen Patterson // COP2000.C01 // Project 5: Lowest Score Drop // this program will open a file na...
[2 replies] Last: This function call is invalid findLowest(score1, score2, score3, scor... (by vlad from moscow)
Using RESTful with C++

I know C++ isn't the best suited for this but it's the only language I have readily at my disposal and I'm wondering if anyone has examples of code (any library...
[no replies]
Number Writer

Hello everyone, i want to make a program which writes the number whose you input the reading. i made one which writes the reading of number but i cant do this o...
[12 replies] Last: I have just seen your reply it is a really help full commend i will st... (by closed account 1v5E3TCk)
by Daleth
Need assistance spotting error

When I tried compiling with the file shown below, the compiler gives this: c:\codeblocks_v12\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.7.1\include\c++\mingw32\bits\c++...
[4 replies] Last: Holy crap, I can't believe it was as simple a mistake as that! I compl... (by Daleth)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 3031323334
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.