General C++ Programming - July 2013 (Page 33)

File streams

Hello everybody. So I have a problem. I need to save some data in files, I have a class Subject and other classes that work together with this one, Tests and C...
[1 reply] : Sounds like you know exactly what to do, So what is the problem ? Sho... (by SamuelAdams)
&integer_name seems so useless...

I am reading a c++ book and in everything i have read until yesterday was understantable and evererytime i said, yes i can use this to do this But today i read...
[3 replies] Last: Implement a linked list and you will understand why you need pointers... (by MikeyBoy)
What Book Would You Recommend ?

Hello guys. It's been quite a while since I have started programming in C/C++, so I would like to start learning more in-depth concepts about Software Engineeri...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you :D That's perfect! I think I will be busy for the next few ... (by jumper007)
by k96

Fine...delete this topic please~
[10 replies] Last: i did actually want those ideas :/ should have copied and pasted them (by Paoletti301)
undeclared identifier '__builtin_ia32_addss'

Hi, I am trying to a big program. It has a lot of files and so can't upload the code. One of the file called is the emmintrin.h which calls xmmintrin.h. Both...
[3 replies] Last: Xcode will have installed clang for you. I don't know what your progr... (by kbw)
CString + CString

How can I join two cstring C:\USERS\****\Desktop and \ TO MAKE IT C:\USERS\****\Desktop\
[9 replies] Last: He's talking about CStrings, not char arrays. (by Disch)
Heap Sort Infinite Loop

I am trying to understand what is going wrong with my heap sort. It compiles, populates the vector, prints it and gets to this one particular method call and I...
[2 replies] Last: By far the quickest & easiest way to solve run time problems is to use... (by TheIdeasMan)
by agile
Why operator delete in for_each does not work?

#include <algorithm> #include <iostream> #include <functional> #include <vector> struct A { ~A() { std::cout << 'A'; } }; int main() { std::vector<A...
[7 replies] Last: C++11 actually has that functor already, in header <memory> st... (by Cubbi)
Typing something with C++? (Searched hours, please help)

Hello, I want to be able to type a message into another program (such as notepad) using C++. How would I do that? Is there a function to do this, or an event, ...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=HelpMeType]I posted here because it's in the GENERAL C++ progra... (by TheIdeasMan)
by Niven
Automatically training a Neural Network

I made a program that could recognize a 1 so I started work on a new program that would learn to recognize all the alphabet and the numbers 0-9. I'm trying to h...
[no replies]
by gbatt
Multiple language support

Hello, first i'm not a native speaker so please excuse my unprofesssional English. I'm developing an application with wxwidgets and c++ which has to support mu...
[1 reply] : You mentions DLL, so are you talking about a Windows specific applicat... (by andywestken)
Memory Leak Problem

Is the memory leak in the below code because the function MakeCat creates a pointer to a Cat object and never deletes the Cat object? If so, how can I should I ...
[4 replies] Last: Cubbi's solution creates a temporary, unnamed CAT object, and then co... (by Cubbi)
getline out of stringstream should not cut leading whitespace

Hi all, I have a std::stringstream sstr I read data from with getline(sstr, s, ','). Now I don't want it to cut off the leading blanks. How can I do that? Tha...
[2 replies] Last: Hi again, I found it out, so in case anybody else is looking for it, ... (by m3t4lukas)
by vijkrr
Vptr & ptable run time execution

Hi, I'm not able to understand the internal implementation of the virtual table and prt concept. class Base { public: virtual void get...
[1 reply] : Unlike many modern languages with quite flexible object models, C++ im... (by kbw)
FILE OPERATIONS

i have multiple c++ source files. in the main file i created a ofstream object and opened a file and written something in this file. Now i need to stream da...
[1 reply] : i created a ofstream object and opened a file and written something i... (by kbw)
NCurses resizing terminal

I wanted to make the terminal screen bigger in my NCurses program. Let's say if the defaults are 25 LINES and 80 COLS, I want to set them to 40 LINES and 120 CO...
[11 replies] Last: Ah. Create a Link to your program. In explorer, right-click the lin... (by Duthomhas)
Zoom with Allegro

Well, this is my first post here.(and sorry for my english) I want to make a 2D videoame using allegro (i donĀ“t have anything programmed yet) Im thinking abo...
[no replies]
Help Doubly linked list class

I am reading "Programming Principles and Practice Using C++" by Bjarne Stroustrup. I am currently on chapter 17.9.3 (just informing those of you who by any chan...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much! Now I understand everything! (by benbalach)
Linked List not working

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <iomanip> #include <list> using namespace std; //simple class to represent linked list nodes template <c...
[3 replies] Last: But I'm not sure if it's right = / . If it doesn't compile, you can ... (by cire)
How do I insert into this C++ binary tree?

I am trying to write a function that inserts an item into this binary tree in C++. template <typename T> struct BTree { T val; BTree<...
[2 replies] Last: The easiest way is probably to take a reference to a pointer: tem... (by cire)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 31323334
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.