General C++ Programming - July 2013 (Page 4)

Error i can't fix

I'm working on a store management program, and i created a Windows Form for verifying login details of a user. Then in a seperate header file i created this fun...
[1 reply] : show the code for textBox1/2 (by huike)
C++ Question

I had a question that involved arrays and 2 different classes.lecturer told us to make a Win32 Console application using Visual Studio 2008. We had to create...
[no replies]
Having troubles regenerating a random number, gives me same number in C++?

Hi, I am trying to generate a random number, and then the user guesses it. Once the user guesses the right number, the program generates another random number a...
[2 replies] Last: You should get your random number a medkit (by huike)
How to declare an array with const size inside of class?

I wanted to add that the template argument is needed because its a "special case" but if that doesn't work what would be the next best way to solve this problem...
[2 replies] Last: If it creates an array of size 2 then yes, that would be correct. (by lostwithcpp)
reading data from text files when given a specific line

hello, i am currently making a game where data is saved and loaded. i have used fstream to read and write the files. i am having trouble getting an integer valu...
[no replies]
input of the form: 2 4 1 3 2 1 2 0

how can we take an input of the form; 2 4 1 3 2 1 2 0 on the console from the user and then use the integers for further processing; there is a space after ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks @tath (by haroonRasheed)
instance of 'std::out_of_range' problem

this is the message I get when I compile my program: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range' what(): basic_string::substr I sti...
[3 replies] Last: Why not just check that the string is long enough before looking for t... (by MikeyBoy)
Questions about passing values to functions

Hey guys, first time posting so i hope im not completely retarded with my code. Basically what im trying to do is get the scores of category, then pass them to ...
[7 replies] Last: You need to pass the values by reference to the function. If you... (by MikeyBoy)
by msadr
search in file

I want to search a txt file, when I find the word,i looking for; how can i go back in file, to search again ?? i close file, and open it agian, to do this,but...
[6 replies] Last: thank u so much, it was useful. (by msadr)
parameterless constructor question

A sample problem I've become stuck on.... Sally The Programmer is working to improve a class called FlashDrive. She decides to make a parameterless constru...
[2 replies] Last: A flash drive might have a substantial amount of initialization that m... (by htirwin)
by winten
Jsoncpp dll's?

Hi, I am new at c++ and I have a feeling that I am doing something wrong. I decided learn using jsoncpp (http://jsoncpp.sourceforge.net) I downloaded the packag...
[2 replies] Last: but It does not have any .dll files I do not need to link anything? (by winten)
Input when equals key is hit

I am working with OpenGL and I'm trying to allow hitting the enter key to zoom in. However, it won't zoom in. Here's the related code: float zoom = 0.0f; void...
[1 reply] : void handleKeypress(unsigned char key, int x, int y) { const unsi... (by cire)
Please help -- Text Game problem

Hey everybody. I'm having trouble with a text-based shooting/decision game i'm making. The problem i'm having is no matter what the person types in, it always g...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks so much! (by reedrocks58)
need help with a program!! need help asap

I cant modify my main function and I have to sort students.avarage I got the code but it just doesn't do anything and I cant figure out whats missing ...
[5 replies] Last: I would agree with u on that but my professor gave me specific instruc... (by manuelsant)
Undefined reference to default constructor?

Hello, I'm a bit new to c++ and trying to practice the object-oriented part of it by converting my java programs into c++. I believe I understand the concepts o...
[7 replies] Last: Im relieved that its not my fault, but the compiler. VS and C::B have ... (by Teeman92)
by Simula
WIN32 Window , How to make it easy to implent?

Hello forum, I m new to programming in general but I stumbled upon a tutorial on how to create an actual WIN32-window instead of the usual console. I was depres...
[5 replies] Last: Alas, unless you are using some fancy widget toolbox to do this stuff ... (by Duthomhas)
by iamk2
better way to terminal reset in c++????

1. Not allowed to use curses libraries. Which I don't know if it would work anyway. 2. Scrolling upward in the terminal should go nowhere - unless the informat...
[12 replies] Last: Ah, good. I don't think there are any efficiency ramifications eithe... (by Duthomhas)
HELP: investment program..

I have no idea what i'm doing....i am beyond confused...any help that could let me know what variables i need to create or re assign or something anything helps...
[4 replies] Last: Good job, Im glad I can help. (by Hertz)
How do you clear a file at the beginning of a program?

Okay, I'm writing a program that converts hex to letters and writes the letters to a file. To write I'm currently using ofstream("output.txt" ios::app) ...
[1 reply] : Don't use ios::app and the file will automatically be cleared before w... (by Zhuge)
Help please :/

My error is D:\Pictures\Customtory(RPG)\main.cpp|20|undefined reference to `_imp___ZN8irrklang20createIrrKlangDeviceENS_21E_SOUND_OUTPUT_DRIVEREiPKcS2_'| ...
[2 replies] Last: I believe the irrlitch forum would be best to ask this problem. (by Tertius Kgatla)
July 2013 Pages: 123456... 34
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.