General C++ Programming - July 2013 (Page 5)

Collision detection design

I have made a simple 2d shooter (bird eye view) and want your guys help on implementing the collision detection between the monsters and bullets. The problem is...
[2 replies] Last: that's one way, I was thinking of a grid where each slot has its own l... (by TinyTeeTree)
unit conversion problem!!!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/154330181/2013-c question 1(b) how to use if else and infinite loop do the Let the user choose to enter the data either in empirica...
[3 replies] Last: Change each quantity separately to SI degrees F=1.8*degrees C +32 1m/s... (by ats15)
by dovip
having problem

I wrote source code from reading but I have problem with it. So, it says, ""values is a two-dimensional array of floats with 10 rows and 20 columns. Write code ...
[9 replies] Last: @Computergeek01 @ TinyTeeTree: Yes, C++ supports this, they're call... (by vlad from moscow)
What's the best free version of visual studio that works for windows 8?

I use a windows 8 computer and I am struggling to find a good version of visual studio. It would be nice if the URL was included also. Help would be appreciated...
[3 replies] Last: What's the best free version of visual studio that works for windows ... (by andywestken)
c++ assignment help

Hi- I am taking a c++ course at school (a requirement from my work) and need help with this question. **this is not a exam question- just an assignment our in...
[8 replies] Last: @Daleth this helped:) One more question please B. Our String class alw... (by rehamalik)
by xign
Need help Making This Grading Program please :)

Can you Guys help me make this program can't try it on my Laptop cos i don't have any Turbo C++ installed on it.. and guys do you know where i can download Turb...
[1 reply] : We won't do your homework , atleast try to do it yourself , write some... (by a k n)
Find a pixel in 16-color VGA VRAM?

How do I find a pixel (x,y) in VGA's VRAM, using only the x coordinate, y coordinate and the VGA register values? (In planar mode, 16 colors 4-bit values)
[no replies]
chat plugin

please take me guide http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/unices/107307/
[no replies]
taylor series to compute sin, cosine and tan

#include <iostream> #include <cmath> // for pow() function using namespace std; // Recursion method : http://web.eecs.utk.edu/~cs102/lectures/recursion...
[6 replies] Last: This is what translates to code what ats has shown int cos(int x) ... (by a k n)
Turbo C++ that accept number and display it in words and in roman numerals

XD bukas nlng yung code kasi po bawal magpakopya ng assignment:)
[no replies]
by Daleth
Odd results

I have the following three member functions that modifies a 2D grid. /* Clarification: - m_matrix is of type std::vector<long double> */ void Matri...
[4 replies] Last: Hah! It solved the issue! I should have known better than to assume in... (by Daleth)
Chat Spammer(sending a string to a windows program)

Just to get this out of the way, NO I DO NOT INTEND TO USE THIS MALICIOUSLY, AND I AM MERELY INTERESTED OF THE APPLICATIONS OF C++ IN WINDOWS BASED PROGRAMS. Al...
[1 reply] : a) that is not pseudo code. b) you actually sent keystrokes to notepad... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by ritka
assignment makes pointer from integer: but why?

hi all when i compile the following program i get a compiler warning, but i don't understand why. for me the code seems to be all right and does legitimate thi...
[2 replies] Last: oh f*ck, what a silly mistake :D. sry for bothering you with this. but... (by ritka)
by SeBeQ
problem with virtual methods

Hi I have problem with code: class Base { ... public: virtual const wchar_t *Me() const{ return L"Base"; } ...
[10 replies] Last: if ( wcscmpi( me_char, Me() ) == 0) { return true; ... (by closed account o1vk4iN6)
by dovip
Need little help

I got some errors. Sound that something is wrong. #include <iostream> using namespace std; double avgArray(int ); int main() { const int SIZ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, yeah. It worked. Thanks. (by dovip)
Acessing file - FIle Handling

Hello friends... I want to access a text file which is not in the BIN folder thro' a TurboC++ compiler For accessing a text file name qns.txt i can put fst...
[10 replies] Last: @DTSCode (his post before the one above mine^) Sorry, I didn't see iHu... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Reading from file line by line

First of all I need to know how to read from file. Second, I need to read line by line from the file. For example, the file contains: 8H 3S TH 9D 5S 5D K...
[3 replies] Last: No problem. (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Purpose of having Static object

Can any one tell me what is the purpose of having static object of the same class. for e.g. class someObj{ public: static someObj obj; }; ho...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you guys (by kulkarnisr)
by sujha
The Sieve of Eratosthenes

Regarding this topic, we'd already done the program code..but we are not sure whether our solution/code satisfy the theory of the sieve of eratosthenes..?could ...
[1 reply] : I would say no, with the sieve you don't need to check if the number i... (by naraku9333)
Why!!?!??!??

Why is this not opening my file so I can view it, and it dose not show up anywhere in my computer? ofstream SaveFile; SaveFile.open("SavedGam...
[9 replies] Last: [quote=ResidentBiscuit]In other words, it will be in the same director... (by Duthomhas)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 34
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.